- 1

Fate

“Are you trying to say you love him?”

  “Well, maybe I am!”

  All it took was just one word. One word and everything would go down the drain.

  “Fine.” Was what he replied with.

  She was flabbergasted obviously, but her ego wouldn’t let her show it. Her pride wasn’t so thin, she wasn’t going to hold him back and beg like a pathetic cat.

  Maybe this was all what heaven planned. Maybe this was what their path was. These four years meant nothing at all; this was all going down the drain.

  She watched with agony and pain as he took out a suitcase and started throwing his clothes in it. Before she knew it, he was done. He was on half-way out the door, down the stairs, and there he went. Out the door.

  She couldn’t take this. She doesn’t want it to end up this way. Letting her pride and ego slide finally, she put on some slippers and ran after him. Dressed up only in thin cotton pajamas, she ran in the snow, finding him.

  She saw him walking down the streets towards the convenient store, and she catch up with him.

  “I’m sorry for all that went on back there. There’s a lot I need to tell you. But even if you’ll ignore me for a month, stay with me under the same rood at least?” She pleaded pain definitely visible in her hazel brown eyes.

  He said nothing more, looking at the way she dressed. He simply nodded his head and there they were, on their way home again.

---

  A month passed. Nothing progressed, nothing degraded. She tried talking to him, but she guess he took her words too seriously. He never responded to her. He ate all the food she cooked, help her sometimes, but never spoke to her. She apologized endlessly, but all he ever did was ignore her.

  The silent treatment for a month was like hell to her. Moreover, from her own boyfriend for 4 years.

  The worst he ever did for the entire month was bring home a woman, in his drunken state. It was their anniversary on that day, but of course he always had the most surprising presents for her.

  But even if he brought home a ton of women, she would never give up on him. She at least wanted him to talk to her before she left, left for good.

---

  “I know it’s sorta late to say this, I mean, you won’t even care. But I’m leaving for Paris tomorrow. I’m going with Chaerin unnie and Byullie.  For a month.” She managed to stutter out, playing with her fingers while her head hung low.

  As usual, he never said anything. But at least he nodded his head in acknowledgement. She smiled even at his small response.

  The next day arrived and before you know it, she’s already on the plane finding her seat number. “30B … Ah! It’s here!”

  She settled down and looked out the window. “Goodbye Yi Fan  ... See you soon. “ She muttered.

  “Hi! You must be my seatmate for this flight then! I’m Minho! Song Minho.” He said, sticking his hand out after he ended. You looked up, meeting eyes with someone who looked like a mix of Jiyong oppa and Youngbae oppa. Sure, you knew Bigbang. You met them when Chaerin unnie introduced you to them.

  “Jimin. Kwon Jimin. “You said, shaking his hand while giving a small smile.

  “So, you’re alone?” He said, breaking the ice.

  “Yep, my friends are already in Paris now. They’re just waiting for me there!” You said brightly, being all bubbly all of a sudden.

---

  Who would’ve known this silly boy who met you on the plane would become your bestfriend? You were on your way home and you decided to introduce Minho to Kris.

---

  This one whole month without you at home was too quiet for him. He paced back and forth. Today was the day you came home to him. He realized what a fool he was, finally. He prepared a candlelit dinner for you and just about … now.

---

  You fished in your bag for your keys. Then opened the door. You came face to face with a dark house, but there seemed to be dimmed lights from the kitchen. Was Kris out? You invited Minho in, but what shocked you more was the sight in front of you.

  “Who … is he?” He asked, hesitating.

  You looked Kris in his eyes, you saw nothing but hurt and pain. No anger, no disappointment … Just those two emotions.

  “Kris” You said.

  “Looks like you already got someone … I’ll be leaving now.” Kris said, heading up to his room and appearing with a suitcase not long after.

  “No no! It’s not like that! I’m just a friend that met Jimin on the plane! She had a great time in Paris with Byul and Chaerin, it’s nothing of that sort! She just brought me here today to introduce me to you … I’ve heard a lot from her. “

  Kris looked at him, then you, and him again.

  “Oh god thank you.” Kris said, dropping his suitcase on the floor and pulling you tight into his embrace.

  After he let you go, Minho, Kris and you had a little chit – chat before Minho had to run off.

  Closing the door behind you, you came face to face with someone’s chest. He was way taller than you of course, but did he look like he grew skinnier?

  “I love you babe. Don’t go.”
    

 Smiling, you hugged him back. Tighter than anything.