My Vampire

My Vampire

One Shot Story – My Vampire

“Tamaki, it is morning and I’m here to pick you up! Are you awake?!” Yuki shouted as she stood at the door of the huge mansion. “TA-MA-KI! W-A-K-E-U-P!!!!” Yuki shouted at the top of her lungs after taking a deep breath.

Just then, the door swung open and Yuki jumped in fright. Tamaki stomped down the stairs as she walked past Yuki. “Stop shouting for me, you are bothering the neighbors!! Also, why bother to shout when you are able to get into the house?!” Tamaki nagged at Yuki while Yuki started to walk ahead of her.

“Hurry up or you will be late, Tamaki!!” Yuki then dashed to their destination as she ignored Tamaki’s naggings.

Tamaki then looked at her watched, “Ah, we are going to be late!!”

“Ding dong,” sounded the bell as they entered their classroom just in time. Everyone in the classroom turned away from Tamaki and continued doing their things. Acting like she was not there, Tamaki then turned away from them, looking sad and hurt. Yuki noticed and dragged Tamaki to their seat. The teacher entered and started the lesson when everyone was seated quietly at their seats. 

“Ding dong,” sounded the bell with different pitch to announce that it was lunch time. Yuki turned to Tamaki and smiled, “What are you having today, Tamaki?”

Tamaki opened her bento and showed Yuki. Yuki blinked in amazement and took an egg from her lunch box and started chewing. “Ah!! Who says you can eat them, Yuki?!!??” Tamaki pouted at the gap in her lunch box. Yuki then opened her lunch box and placed an octopus looking sausage into Tamaki’s lunch box.

“There, we are even now!” Yuki smiled and they started their lunch together. On the other hand, students in the same class glared at Tamaki as they were having their own lunch.

“Ding dong”, sounded the bell for the last time to announce that the day was over and it was time to head back home. Tamaki and Yuki left the school grounds and they walked together to the same direction.

On the way back home, many people walked past Tamaki and avoided eye contacts with her. A boy stared at her, admiring her, however his mother pulled him away while whispering slightly louder, “Don’t look at her!!”

Tamaki looked at the feet in hurt and disgust. Why no one would look at her?! The only would look at her was her childhood friend, Yuki. Deep down, she knew the answer; she had a pair of crimson eyes that glows in the dark, just like vampires. No doubt that she had Yuki as her friend, still she felt lonely and hurt. Being isolated was a really hurtful thing to Tamaki. With that, countless of times she had cried herself to sleep and the next morning, she acted like she was alright. Putting a strong front, she didn’t want Yuki to worry about her. Nevertheless, she knew that Yuki would not leave her; rather Yuki would stay by her side.

“Then I shall see you tomorrow morning, Tamaki!” Yuki waved goodbye to Tamaki as she head to her doorstep while Tamaki smiled and nodded her head. After parting ways, Tamaki walked to her huge mansion. Tamaki and Yuki lived quite near to each other thus Yuki was able to see Tamaki every day. Not only that, Yuki has Tamaki’s house keys as Tamaki entrusted them to her. Hence, Yuki was able to enter into Tamaki’s house as and when she liked.

Tamaki’s house was further away from the town. First, she has to walk through her huge garden which is in front of her mansion. Halfway through her garden, she heard some rustling around the bushes and Tamaki gave a sharp turn to see who it was. Unfortunately, no one was there and she became tenser. “Who‘s there?!” she questioned as she heard another round of rustling.

Suddenly, a black cat popped its head out from the bushes and purred in response. Tamaki looked at the cat and heaved a sigh of relief. The cat purred once again as if to gesture her to follow him. Tamaki curiously followed the cat and the cat led her to a stranger who was lying on the ground, in the middle of her garden. Tamaki panicked and carried the stranger by letting the stranger to lean on her.

After a while, the stranger came to his senses and looked around. Noticed that he was in an unfamiliar room, he got up and looked around. Tamaki then returned to him with a pail of water and hurried to his side. “Ah, you shouldn’t move around! Are you alright?” Tamaki asked in concern.

“Where am I? Who are you?” asked the stranger in a daze.

“Erm, you are at my house. How are you feeling?” Tamaki panicked a little as she tried to lay back the stranger down.

“Ah, thanks. I guess I was slightly tired after taking in too much of the sunlight. I am Jun, you are?” Jun lay back down and looked out of the window.

“Ah, I’m Tamaki,” as she introduced herself, she placed a wet cloth onto the stranger’s forehead.

“Ah, this feels good.” Jun blushed as he felt the cooling sensation of water evaporated on his forehead. “But, it is time for me to get up and have some food.” Jun got up and looked out of the window again. Not a single cloud was seen in the dark sky and the moon shone brightly into the room. Jun walked towards the window and faced Tamaki with his pair of crimson eyes. Fangs were protruding out from his mouth and Tamaki rose in shock to see the stranger to be a vampire.

“Crimson red eyes, fangs that pierce people’s neck to drink fresh red blood; you are a vampire?!” Tamaki covered as she couldn’t describe how shocked she was.  

“Ah, perhaps this is the first time that you had seen a vampire? I will not blame you. Vampires are rare these days. In return for allowing me to rest at your house, I shall spare you. I will not drink your blood though your blood was indeed sweet smelling and tempting.” Jun his lips but gave the merciful look at her.

“Ah, please, don’t kill them; the people out there are innocent. I’ll prepare dinner in a short while, do stay here but please, I beg of you,” Tamaki pled.

Jun remained silent and Tamaki hurried to the kitchen and started to prepare dinner. Jun followed her and stood by at the door of the kitchen. Tamaki turned to him with a smile and asked, “Do you like your meat to be raw, medium or well done?”

“Medium, I guess. Then again, it would be best if fresh blood is my main course.” Jun stated his desire. However, Tamaki just ignored him.

“Oh yes, my father would not be around tonight, you can use the guest room if you like.” Tamaki added.

“Ah, alright, it is too bright to be in the kitchen so I guess I shall take a rest.” Jun then walked away, feeling agitated. Tamaki gave a sad look and prepared the meal silently.

When dinner was ready, she laid set the table up and made the lights as dim as possible. Just then, Jun appeared for dinner and took his seat at the dim dining table. “Are you always alone? You parents are always out?” Jun questioned her as she took her own seat. Tamaki’s eyes glowed in crimson red and Jun stared at her deeply. “Ah, you are a vampire as well? But you were shocked to see a vampire…” Jun commented.

Tamaki turned away and her crimson red eyes dimmed. “Ah, even though I am not a vampire, my eyes somehow would glow like vampires’ eyes. Thanks to that, I got isolated, leaving my childhood friend, Yuki by my side. Ah, don’t you dare touch her!” Tamaki warned.

Jun raised both of his hands into the air and said, “I won’t, only if you tell me how does she looks like and how she smells like.” Jun smirked at her and continued his meal. Tamaki could not answer him reason being she could describe Yuki’s scent. Her nose could smell Yuki’s blood scent whenever Yuki cut herself, just like a vampire. Just like that, their meal continued quietly without any further discussion.

Tamaki lay silently on her bed and Jun entered into her room, kissing her goodnight on her forehead before he left the house. However, as soon as he parted his lips away, Tamaki grabbed Jun’s hand and looked at him pleadingly him to stay. Jun gave a little thought and decided that it was alright to stay in this humongous mansion. However, he has to suppress his craving for blood for Tamaki. He didn’t want Tamaki to make such a sorrowful expression again. Jun looked out of the window and whispered a name, “Yui…”

The next morning, Jun was not by her side and Yuki was shouting from the kitchen. “Tamaki, breakfast is ready!” Tamaki bit her lips as she felt a pang of loneliness in her once again.

“I’m coming. Give me ten minutes and I’ll be ready.” Tamaki responded.

After ten minutes, just as Tamaki said, she appeared in the kitchen. She settled down at the dining table and began scooping some strawberry jam with her knife. “Looks like some blood,” Tamaki thought to herself while staring at her strawberry jam. Yuki noticed Tamaki’s expression and asked if she was alright. Tamaki just smiled and nodded her head in reply.

“Come to think of it, were there any visitors yesterday? Seems like the number of used plates doubled.” Yuki pointed to the clean stack of plates on the dryer.

“Ah, I forgot to place the day before dishes and last night’s dishes back into the cabinet.” Tamaki gave a legitimate excuse. She couldn’t tell Yuki the truth – Jun, a vampire, was here.

After breakfast, Tamaki ran around the mansion to find Jun however, he was not found. Without a choice, she head for school with Yuki. On the way to school, Tamaki walked past a dark alley. “Perhaps he is there,” Tamaki thought hopefully to herself.

As she walked towards the alley, she caught a pair of deep crimson eyes staring at her. Tamaki took a step back as she realized that Jun was holding a young girl in his arms, his fangs were drenched with deep red blood. Blood dripped out from his mouth, indicating that he had just finished his meal. He his lips while he rustled his hair with his hand and looked away from Tamaki. Tamaki shook her head and ran off.

“Why?!” she echoed her thoughts in her mind. Yuki noticed her running and tried to call her but she didn’t respond.

Tamaki wondered off into a deep forest for hours; she didn’t appear in school as she didn’t feel like it. She knew that Yuki would be worried but she could not face her best friend with such a look right now. All she need was to be alone; she couldn’t stay at home as Yuki could come in and check up on her. Thus she came to the forest where she could feel at ease. As dawn was drawing near, Tamaki dragged herself out of the deep forest. While doing so, she recalled what Jun had done. A feeling of hurt rushed up as she tripped and fell onto the ground. Just when she thought that someone could understand her, however she was wrong. She knew that Jun was by her side when she pleaded him to stay. It was only at that time she felt at ease with a stranger. What a strange feeling!

Dark red blood trickled down from her knee as she scraped herself when she tripped. Soon, she heard some rustling sound around the bushes. “Jun, is that you?!” Tamaki shouted. However, there was no respond. “I don’t think it is him. I feel different than the time I saw Jun…” Tamaki thought. “Come out now!” demanded Tamaki after another round of rustling.

Immediately, a creature jumped onto her after a while of silence, resulting Tamaki to move back and blocked the creature with a long tree branch. Fangs were protruding out from his widely opened mouth as it tried to bite Tamaki. Long, sharp nails tried to claw Tamaki but were blocked by the long thick branch that Tamaki was holding. Crimson red eyes stared down at Tamaki in hunger as Tamaki wondered if Jun was as vigorous as the vampire that was right in front of her. Gasped for air as she tried to fight the surprised and strength in her, she wondered if she would end up like the girl that she saw in the morning. The thought of allowing a vampire to pierce his sharp fangs into her nape of neck as she hears the vampire her blood from her body made her sick. No matter what, she did not want to end her life just like that!! Struggling to keep the vampire away, she thought of shouting for help. Unfortunately, who would ever listen to her voice? Who would even come into the deep forest alone? Who would ever save a girl who was isolated and scared the town people with her pair of glowed crimson eyes? She did think of a certain person; however, she was scared that he would not rescue her.

The vampire gave a loud screeched which drained Tamaki’s energy. The louder the pitch was the harder Tamaki could resist him. Without a choice, she screamed, “Jun!! Save me please!”

Appeared from the shadows of the trees, a pair of menacing red eyes glowed and glared at the vampire. Soon, the vampire cried for agony and vanished into thin air. Tamaki slumped onto the ground as she didn’t have the strength to get up. Jun hurried to her side and looked concern for her. “Are you alright, Tamaki?” he asked as he brushed the strands of hair from her face.

Tamaki smiled sweetly and heaved a loud sigh of relief. Soon later, she started to shiver and she hugged herself to stop the shake. Jun pinched her chin and lifted her face up gently, making her facing him as her eyes were filled with tears. Jun then hugged her tightly as he felt a pang of guilt within him. Tamaki sobbed uncontrollably and tears flowed from her eyes. “I was so scared!! I even thought I would not see you again, Jun!!” she wailed.

As night falls, Jun stayed by Tamaki’s side as Tamaki laid on the bed, holding his hands tightly. “I wonder why…” Tamaki whispered. Jun turned to her and touched her cheeks. “I wonder why but I feel attracted to you. Despite after witnessing you, the girl’s blood, I don’t feel scare of you. Instead, I feel jealous of the girl.” Tamaki covered her eyes with her arms and turned away from Jun.

“Do you want me to drink your blood instead?” Jun enquired. “But, even if you wished, I can’t bring myself to do that. Vampires are dangerous and disgusting creatures. That was the first time I thought after meeting you. Not only that, I felt disgusted after tasting the girl’s blood. I found it unappealing, tasteless and awful. I wonder why…” Jun trailed off with his words.

“I don’t mind if you are the one who drinks my blood, Jun.” Tamaki stared lovingly at him. Jun understood her feelings and gave her a kiss on the lips. Tamaki could feel his fangs pressing against her.

Just then, a loud bang startled the two of them. “Tamaki, are you alright?!” Yuki dashed into her room. Jun stared at Yuki and to Yuki horror, he was about to bite Tamaki’s neck! “No… Stop it right there!” Yuki then pointed her gun at Jun. “Vampire, step away from Tamaki now!”

“Yuki, what are doing?!” Tamaki was shocked to see Yuki had a gun with her. Tamaki sat up immediately and got out of bed, away from Jun.

“This is an anti-vampire gun. It would hurt you, vampire.” Yuki threatened. “Tamaki, come to me right now!”

“Yuki, I’m sorry. But… I…” Tamaki stammered. Yuki glared at Tamaki and Tamaki was taken aback as it was the first time to see Yuki being so serious.

Yuki moved slowly towards Tamaki while Jun stood at his position without making any attempt to move from his spot. Yuki then pulled Tamaki behind her when she was able to reach Tamaki.

“Yuki,” Tamaki called once again. “What is wrong with you?!”

“Tamaki, you are not allowed to come close to any vampire especially that vampire! Do you hear me?!”Yuki warned. Yuki then ran away with Tamaki, away from Jun.

At Yuki’s place, Yuki made a cup of hot chocolate to cheer Tamaki up but Tamaki refused to accept. “Why…” Tamaki muttered out as she gripped her skirt tightly. “Why did you point that gun at him? Why did you stop him from drinking my blood?! For him, I would do anything! I feel protected, ease, and safe whenever I am near him! I like him!” Tamaki shouted at Yuki.

Yuki slammed her hands onto the table to silence Tamaki. Her menacing eyes pierced through Tamaki. “I think it is time to tell you what I have been hiding from you…” Yuki gritted her teeth as she wasn’t sure if she would regret it. “But after hearing, if you still want to be with the vampire, I would give you two my blessing.”Tamaki nodded as she wondered what Yuki had been hiding from her all these years.

“Your parents… Your mother is a vampire and your father is a human, this would make you as a half. However, because of that, you were unable to control the monster within you and murdered my sister, Yui. We were playing around in your garden, however a gust of wind blew us and suddenly, you were in pain, breathing hard and holding your neck. My sister went towards you, concerning for you however, your crimson eyes showed that you were thirst for blood. I tried to stop Yui from coming close to you but it was too late. You grabbed her by her head and her neck tastefully before you pierced you sharp fangs deep into her neck! Yui was screaming, begging you to stop. I was so frightened and the next thing I knew, your mother came to the scene to check on Yui. She announced Yui was dying but your mother gave Yui her blood, to continue living. When Yui opened her eyes, her chocolate brown eyes turned crimson red and even grew her hair longer, a proof that she became immortal. She went out in the night and grew accustomed to drinking blood as her meal. As for you, Tamaki, your mother eased your memory of murdering Yui and even eased your memories of your own mother. She knew that if you recalled about vampires, you would not forgive yourself. As a result, I was given a duty – protect Tamaki at all cost and not let her know the truth until she encounters a vampire.” Yuki looked away from Tamaki as she explained everything to her.

“But… if that is the case, your sister should be alive. I understand that she escaped a near death and made me a murder but at the end, she is still alive right?!” Tamaki protested.

Yuki shook her head as she continued the story, “Yui met a young and good looking guy, Jun. After much encounter with each other, they gradually had feelings for each other. Jun came to visit me once, together with Yui, for telling us that they are going to be together. Jun mentioned to me that Yui told him that she was almost died as a human and nearly wanted to kill you as a revenge for Yui. Of course, he didn’t do it, that’s because Yui told him not to. Yui died when the vampire hunters hunted her and killed her with this anti-vampire gun as someone reported that she was caught in her victims’ blood. Jun came to kill the hunters in order to rescue Yui but it was too late, Yui had passed away. Yui would only hunt other people’s blood for survival as she didn’t want us to turn into vampires. Yui was a kindhearted girl, that’s why…”

Tamaki broke down after listening. Jun appeared in front of Yuki and Tamaki and stared at Tamaki deeply. “Yes, I was Yui’s fiancé. I gave up my revenge as Yui told me to. The day when you found me at your garden was because I was visiting Yui’s grave. At that time, I heard Yui’s voice; Yui told me that I would come to love you, Tamaki, and I would forgive you. True enough, I understood why Yui didn’t want you to be killed. You didn’t know anything and you didn’t run away from the likes like us. Innocent, gentle and caring, Tamaki, that’s you. Despite knowing you for a few days, you somehow attract me. Your sweet smelling blood proofs everything. I thought by drinking other girls’ blood, I would return like how I was like. Unfortunately, I couldn’t forget your smell…” Jun buried his face into his hands.

Tamaki then remembered the entire scene. “My mother… Long caramel brown hair with a pair of brown eyes that would glow red in the dark… Smelt of sweet caramel and a long slender neck. Smooth skin with great beauty. I remembered how she looked like!!”

“Tamaki, you remembered me!!” her mother appeared in front of her.

“Shizuka-san!!” Yuki echoed. “What are you doing here?!”

“Tamaki, if you are going with Jun-kun, you have to drink his blood. That way, your vampire blood will be awaken. When you nearly killed Yui-chan, I sealed your vampire blood as well; thus you would not have to go through such painful times again. In addition, you would have to be his bride as he has chosen you.” Shizuka explained.

Jun moved towards Tamaki and hugged her tightly and Tamaki buried her face into his chest. Shizuka smiled at them and led Yuki out of the kitchen. “You did well, Yuki. Thank you.” Shizuka whispered into Yuki’s ears and Yuki tried to hold back her tears.  

Tamaki smelt Jun’s strong yet sweet scent. Tamaki kissed Jun’s lips as she felt his sharp fangs with her tongue. The kiss grew stronger and more passionate as Tamaki bit Jun’s lips that his lower lips bled. She his wound and kissed him for the last time. Jun then bit his hand to allow more blood to flow out for Tamaki’s consumption. Tamaki and his blood and soon, her crimson eyes glowed for hunger and fangs protruded out from her gentle lips. Her long brown hair grew longer and more unruly as she gave her last whip of . Both smiled to each other as they were begin their new journey – as vampires.