What if...?

What if...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Your friend was saying something while reading your class notes but you weren't listening. You were looking past your friend at someone on the next table, your large inquisitive eyes fixed on him. You were sitting in a cafe which you used to frequent with your friends after school. The subject of your observation, was looking absent-mindedly out of the window to his right. For some reason, he seemed so out of this world. You wondered what made you feel that way, but you had no answer.

 

"What on earth are you looking at?", your friend brought you back.

 

"N-Nothing.", you replied hurriedly and tore your eyes away to focus them on your Math notebook again.

 

After a half an hour or so you both completed your homework. "Okay, it's time we went home. It's getting kind of dark.", your friend said.

 

"Yeah. You go on ahead, I have to make a stop at the stationary shop for a couple of things.", you replied.

 

Once your friend had left, you glanced at the next table again.  He was still sitting there. Looking out of the window even now. You took in his luxurious appearance properly now. His dark hair, his pale skin, that had a mysterious soft glow to it. He didn't have anything in front of him on the table. Not even a cup of coffee. "Weird.", you thought to yourself. "He must be waiting for someone." 

 

All of a sudden, he stirred and you didn't have enough time to look away before he turned his head your way. His eyes met yours. A most intense gaze met you. You couldn't understand what was going on in his mind from his eyes. All you felt was its intensity. You got goosebumps. He got up abruptly from his seat and walked hurriedly out of the cafe and left you wondering what had just happened. But, something had possessed you now and you wanted to know why he left like that right after he saw you. He had seemed familiar, but you had no idea where you had seen him before. You got up too and came out of the cafe and spotted him just as he turned right at the corner ahead. You hurried on the same path as well. 

 

For some time you followed him from a little distance. He was now walking in a deserted lane. You didn't recognize that place and hesitated a moment or two. But, your curiosity got the better of you again. You walked on a little hesitantly.

 

A few steps ahead, you saw him stopping. The lane seemed to open out to a vast field. There was nothing visible except the faint line far away where the sky seemed to join with the ground and become one. He stood sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter