Chapter 6

Every Lady Wants a Piece of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood there in silence for quite a while. I didn't know what to do or say. I looked at the adults blankly. Did they really expect me to go on the trip with Mark? What were they even thinking? And I thought that bastard said that he could find a way through this. Why the is he still here?

"So I'm going to ride with Mark?" I raised an eyebrow at my parents.

"Of course, haven't you been listening? “She replied.

“Wait then you're going to ride with Mrs.Tuan?"

“Yes. Do you want to take your own luggage or do you want us to take it?"

I stood there and looked at my parents. How can they do this to me?! Why would they make me ride alone with him? Why do they want me alone with a guy? Most parents would want the opposite of that. Why can't my parents be normal? Aren't they worried about who I'm with?

I looked over to Mark and him tapping his fingers in annoyance. He didn't look too happy about this trip either. I figured that he must have argued with his parents before coming over too. There's no way in hell he would want to go on this trip, he said it himself. There's no other way around this. I have go either way. I thought about throwing a fit, but that would be too much work. I'm still tired.... should I just pretend to be sick? Would this all be worth it?

"Honey, you're spacing out." My mom said, pulling me back into reality. “We’ll be eating breakfast over at Mark's place before leaving around 12. If we get going at that time then we would be sure to get there around 7. It’s only a 7 hour ride."

IF WE WEREN'T GOING LEAVE UNTIL 12 THEN WHY AM I UP? IT’S ONLY FREAKING 7.

“Do you want to take your own luggage or do you want to put it into our car too?” My dad pointed to the luggage that I was still holding in my hand.

I was still kind of dazed about what’s happening. I mean, why in the world would you wake me up 5 hours before we actually leave? Like, does that make any sense?

My dad grabbed my luggage and started to head to the door since I took too long to answer him. The rest of the adults followed behind him. Eventually I was left standing in the room with Mark. I looked over at him to find him stating at me.

"I thought you said that you were going to find a way out of this?" I questioned.

"Look, I'm just excited as you are about this darn trip. Stop complaining and just go along with this so at least we'll have a peaceful trip."  He said, walking out.

I heaved a sigh, why does he have to be so mean? Bipolar much?

I walked outside to find the moms standing to the side while the dads were loading the van. Mark, of course, was standing to the side with his arms crossed. Wasn’t he supposed to help out? Look at him, acting like a prince and all.

Once they were done loading, we walked into Mark's house. I looked at the house, nothing had really change from 2 years ago. Even the atmosphere was still the same. The house had been vacant for 2 years though. How did I know this? My best friend was the one who lived in this house before he had to relocate due to family issues. We lost contact a few months after he moved. I've never seen or heard from him since then.

I walked inside the house, and looked around. I was amazed by the fact that the furniture was all set up even though they only had moved in a few days ago. The house looked fairly clean and tidy.

"Hana, you should have some breakfast." Mark's dad said as he pushed me towards the kitchen.

"Oh no, it's okay. I normally don't eat breakfast anyway."

"But that isn't very healthy! Plus, it's going to be a really long trip, at least have a little snack.”

"Thank you for the offer but I really can't eat breakfast. My stomach isn't used to food so early in the morning." I laughed.

"Well then you can accompany Mark up in his room." He said as he steered my shoulder towards the stair.

Why are all the adults so forceful?  Why do they even want us to be together? For all they know, we may the cause of the next world war.

I wanted to tell him that I could find my way upstairs because I knew where all the rooms were already but that would have been weird.....

We finally reached Mark's room, and ironically, it had to be the same room that my best friend used.

His dad knocked on the door before barging in, I peeked in from behind his dad’s shoulders. He rolled his eyes at me so I stuck my tongue out back at him. Rude .

"Mark, don't be rude, now you two treat each other nicely." Mark's dad said before pushing me inside and slamming the door on us. 

I came in and sat down on the nearest chair, well the only chair that is. I looked around the room and began to unconsciously reminisce about all of my childhood memories. Oh how I loved to play hide-n-seek in this room. I've made so much precious memories in here that finally seeing this room again overwhelmed me. My train of thought was interrupted when out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mark fling one of his dirty socks at me. Luckily, I was able to dodge it.

"What?" I glared at him.

"What's with the y a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter