Saranghae, unnie

Even in My Dreams

“Good night, unnie,” Sooyoung says sweetly to me. I smile back at her as I get into my covers.

 

“Good night, shikshin,” I . She just giggles and turns off the light. I began to fall asleep, only to be in the same dream. The dream about her.

 

“The sky blue phone you gave me as a present

I know that I can’t even use it now”

 

In the dream, she had given me a phone. A sky blue one, to be exact. She said I could use this to contact her. I tried so many times, but it wouldn’t work.

 

“Not anymore, I don’t want to have a hard time

I don’t want to cry

Even though I try committing hundreds of times”

 

Even though the phone didn’t work, I still tried. After a while, I gave up. I didn’t want anymore sadness, because I knew she wouldn’t answer.

 

“You’re laughing in another’s embrace

You probably don’t know that it’s tearing my heart apart”

 

The times I saw her, she was with another man, laughing and having fun. And it wouldn’t be me doing those things to her. It would rip my heart into pieces, watching another man go after her, but I had to accept it.

 

 “I know I’ll never be able to have that place closer to you

I’m such a fool”

 

I felt like a fool for thinking she and I could be together, knowing that I would make her laugh, smile and more. But I can never get that close to you. Ever.

 

“Just once, look at me

Only to you, I’ll give you my heart

Do you really not see me?”

 

I would’ve liked her to look at me, a look she could only give to me. A look that said “I still care.” But it never happened. Am I really that invisible to her?

 

“I want you and want you

I can’t even love you

My heart hurts like this”

 

Even though I want her to love me the same way, we couldn’t be together. SM Ent. doesn’t allow dating within the Kpop realm. It hurt my heart knowing I can’t even love her properly, but in secret.

 

“So that my heart can show what it really feels

I’ll hold your hand tightly, like this”

 

I still wanted to show her my love for her, show how much she meant to me. If I could, I would hold her hand tight, but gentle, showing how much I cared.

 

“I’d like to look at you only

I’d like to give you my love

I’d like to hold only you in my arms”

 

There were times when it felt like just me and her. I would only look at her. If I could, I would give all my heart and love to her. I would hold her in my arms and never let her go, because I knew it would be my only chance.

 

“I’ll look forward to you change of heart

when you’ll look at me with a smile”

 

I wished for the day to come where she’d turn around and smiled at me, finally noticing that I existed. My life would feel so much better with that one smile.

 

“Even in my dreams”

 

Too bad it’s only a dream.

 

*back in reality*

 

I suddenly wake up, looking at my surroundings. I’m still in my dorm room, with Sooyoung silently snoring in the background.

I closed my eyes after I realized it was a dream and tears started to escape. I eventually fall back asleep, but not before I whisper...

 

Saranghae, Boa unnie...’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow readers and writers! This story was interesting to write, but I had fun nonetheless. Comment and upvote this if you like it!

Love Ya! <3

Geeky