Hello my name is Kris

Father of 10
So this is my story, I better start off by introducing myself. My name is Kris Wu. Just call me Kris. Born and raised in China, moved to Canada and now settled in Seoul, South Korea. I live in a lovely part of Seoul, the freshness of the Han River in the air, the smog fills the night air, the city lights bright and the old traditional houses still stand out making the city even more picturesque. I made these observations as I was on a tour bus watching the tour guides mouth move as he spoke about the city he grew up in. His thin lips a beautiful dusty pink contrasting beautifully against his pale alabaster skin. The tour guide is now my partner, my husband to be exact. I made Kim Joonmyun my husband after one year of knowing him. It sounds so cheesy and cliche but I know him better than I know myself. Joonmyun is everything any human being would want in a life partner. He is kind, caring, funny, embarrassing (at times) when he tries to be cool, handsome, beautiful, flexible (yes I went there) and the best husband in the world. Joonmyun is also a brilliant Mother.
A few months after we got married and came back from our honeymoon in Hawaii, we went to our friends house warming party. A straight couple who had been married just as long as Joonmyun and I but had already welcomed their first child. I saw the way Joonmyun acted with this kid and it was adorable. He was pulling funny faces, making silly voices and gently pinching the babies cheeks as it giggled in it's mothers arms. On the car ride home I could sense Joonmyun was thinking again... thinking of children. He confessed to me one day that he was never really bothered about kids but every time we talked about getting married, buying a house and the rest of our lives he seemed to go silent when I talked about kids. We agreed on keeping the idea of children for the future. But lately everything we talked about in our future we have already started to accomplish. We set up our own business, we actually set up two! and then we got married and bought a house. Three years later and Joonmyun's still silently yearning for children.
I forgot to mention that Joonmyun loves surprises. So one day we went about our morning routine, I got up showered, dressed and put some coffee on as Joonmyun showered. We had a small breakfast and quietly read over the paper that gets thrown at our house every morning. Just before leaving for work that morning I turned to Joonmyun kissed his forehead and mentioned "Hmmm it looks a little untidy, do you mind tidying today and I'll do the rest tomorrow?" He nodded dismissingly and pushed me out the door. By the afternoon I'd gone over the books at work and came home with a manila folder. I walked through the door and the house was tidy... it looked clean but cosy and lived in. "Hey handsome" Joonmyun smiled up from his laptop probably working from home. He spied the envelope an frowned at me "What's that?" He asked as he closed the lid on his laptop. I smiled at him "Adoption forms". His mouth went from a beautiful dazzling smile to a bewildered confused 'O' shape. "We have an appointment with an adoption agent in about 10 minutes" I informed him. Joonmyun went from shocked to crazy clean maniac in 5 minutes "Jesus H Christ Yifan!" He cried as he called me by my birth name "You could have told me to clean properly! they'll think were homeless!" Joonmyun was hilarious when he was panicking un-necessarily. I wanted to laugh at him but I resisted as I didn't want a punch in the face.... I just wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. I listened to his heart hammering against my chest and lowered my forehead to his "Joonmyun baby we want to show them that we have a cosy family home, not a house that doesn't look lived in...like a hotel". Joonmyun looked up, his cheeks dusted with red and he grinned "you're right...we're fine just as we are".
The meeting with the adoption agency went very well and three months later we had our first baby. His mother gave him up as she was only at a young age when she had him. She wanted the best upbringing for her child and decided Joonmyun and I were perfect. So Minsoek was eagerly welcomed into our home. He is such a happy child, always giggling, happy to be bounced on my knee as Joonmyun plays peek-a-boo with him and he is so cuddly. Our first winter with him was our first as a proper family, cold snowy evenings with hot chocolate, our fire high and Joonmyun's smile and Minsoek's laughter filling up the room.
A few months later we got a call from the adoption agency again... they looked through our file and saw that we were willing to adopt from either Korea or China; they asked if we would like an addition to our family. So then came our second son Luhan. Luhan was abandonned by his family so we gladly welcomed him. When Joonmyun and I first saw him, he was so small and fragile. I felt my chest constrict and my heart ached just knowing that this beautiful little bundle had been willingly dumped in the streets of Beijing. Our first winter included Luhan too, he was a happy baby always ogling at Minsoek and copying him. Luhan might be small but he is just as clever as his brother.
A year later we took our boys on their first holiday to China, we decided that they were going to know about our family. Seeing as Joonmyun and Minsoek are Korean and Luhan and I are Chinese it's only fair they know were we come from. We traveled to Changsha, Joonmyun didn't want to go to Beijing. He had an irrational fear that someone was going to recognize Luhan and want him back. Luhan is rightfully our child and no one will take him ... but Joonmyun is a bit skeptical. Whilst we were there Joonmyn got ill from eating bad tofu and was admitted to hospital just to be checked over. He spent the night on the A&E ward. It was horrendous, there was a screaming child all night which led to Minsoek and Luhan competing with the wailing baby. I had to leave Joonmyun after visiting hours but came back the next morning with our boys to find him holding a bundle of blankets. The bundle of blankets was the screaming baby from the night before, he was a sickly pale white with tubes attached to his tiny arm but he was fast asleep in my husbands arms. "It's amazing he was screaming all night, I finally had enough but as I approached the nurses I saw how at a loss they were.... they let me hold him and he just stopped crying instantly. He cosied up to me and he's been sleeping like an angel since" Joonmyun cooed. He was holding something back from me, I could tell ... "I also said we'd pay for his treatment as mine isn't expensive" he smiled tightly and I sighed but let him explain. The baby was very sick and he needed medical attention urgently and to add to it the baby was orphaned. So after a bit of trouble getting his documents...three weeks later Joonmyun and I returned home with our third child Yixing.
Our family was getting along great. Minsoek and Luhan were speaking properly now, running around and playing with Yixing. Yixing was a happy baby despite his ongoing health problems. Poor baby caught a cold at the beginning of winter and it turned into the flu. Full on flu and Yixing was in so much pain it caused the rest of us to hurt emotionally. Luhan and Minsoek helped feeding him his bottles when Joonmyun and I were too tired, they kept him quiet as Joonmyun napped and I cooked dinner. Just after Luhan's 3rd birthday we welcomed our 4th child. Baekhyun. Now Baekhyun was a screamer, he was cute lively just like Luhan but his temper was a fiery. He would only eat when he wanted to. If you put a bottle near his face and he didn't want it he'd smack the bottle away from his face and his diapers were the worst! But his brothers were thrilled, Yixing loved crawling across the carpet and watching Baekhyun play under mobile of toys.
As September came around Minsoek and Luhan started nursery. They came home the first day showing us beautiful drawings of unfathomable scrawl of colours and shapes. Then by the end of the week they had learned basic numbers, letters and liked reading. I was just thankful they liked a quiet activity. Yixing's health was improving so much and so was Joonmyun's black circles from lack of sleep. Baekhyun was sleeping through the night after four months. As September came to a close, we welcomed our 5th son Jongdae. I joked that we should pull our file from the adoption centre because seriously we have five children! Joonmyun scoffed "We wanted a big family and now we have one!" he smiled his full set of teeth at me as Jongdae yawned and grabbed my finger. Jongdae was beautiful. He looked like a baby kitten, kitty shaped eyes and a mouth that looked like he was permanently smiling.
I was glad I only joked that we should pull our adoption file because just before Christmas we were blessed with another son. Chanyeol. Chanyeol was the first baby that actually took to me before he took to Joonmyun. Chanyeol's eyes would glisten over when I'd play with him, blow raspberries on his stomach after changing his diaper, when I would all six of them a bed time story he'd be the last to shut his eyes despite his young age. Christmas was rather manic in our household that year especially with 3 babies and three toddlers all wanting us to help them play with their new toys on christmas day. In the end they played with each other as Joonmyun and I sat back and watched our family happily getting along.
January bought us our 7th son. Kyungsoo. Our wide eyed quiet boy Kyungsoo. He was a quiet healthy baby who only had eyes for his Joonma. He loved listening to his mother sing lullabies to help them all sleep at night. I'm pretty sure Kyungsoo only woke up in the middle of the night just so Joonmyun would sing him back to sleep in the comfort of his arms.
On our holiday to China this year we introduced my parents and extended family to our children. My father was astonished but my mother lavished all 7 of them with the same amount of love as she gave me and Joonmyun. She crooned over them all, gave us tips for Kyungsoo's diaper rash, how to get Luhan to eat his vegetables and how Minsoek resembles a happy hamster. My mother even joked that we'd probably go back to Korea with another child! Joonmyun and I laughed too .... but we actually did go back to Korea with another child. But it was under the most bizarre circumstances. None the less Zitao was warmly welcomed by his brothers. "Daddy?" Luhan asked "What is it Xiaolu?" I asked my curious little deer "Why does Zitao look like a panda?". I examined our youngest boy and he did indeed look like a panda. The circles around his eyes were black and it just made him look like a baby gangster. It was adorable.
Christmas that year was incredibly busy! House of 10 people. 8 children all vying for mine and Joonmyun's attention. It was wonderful though. We put the christmas tree up, we let Baekhyun put the angel on top of the tree, we wrapped Zitao up in gift wrap as a joke, Luhan put a bow in Kyungsoo's hair and he gave us all such a deadpan look as if to say 'I hate you all' but played along until he ran into Joonmyun's arms and he coddled the boy until he smiled his gummy smile. Kyungsoo's birthday rolled around, his day was extra special to me as it was the first time he came running up to me with arms wide open calling for his daddy. Kyungsoo was a smart boy and he talked a lot of gibberish but he asked me as clear as day "Daddy...Kkyungie wants a baby brother". He had a sad smile on his face as he watched Luhan and Yixing making faces at Zitao. So when our adoption agency asked us if we would take in another abandoned child we agreed. I took our 9th son Jongin into the living room and sat down on the floor next to Kyungsoo. "Kyungie do you want to say hello to your little brother?". Kyungsoo waddled over and sat on my knee and looked at baby Jongin's face in awe. His dark skin captivating Kyungsoo instantly "Daddy he looks so warm!". Kyungsoo would be a great older brother.
"We seriously have to pull our file from that company!" Joonmyun sighed as he put the phone down. We were getting our 10th child tomorrow and then we were pulling our file. We told Minsoek, Luhan and Yixing that they were getting another brother and they just replied with "Another one?!". It was cute and they all laughed and promised to love him just like they loved their other brothers. It was a few days before Luhan's birthday that Sehun joined our family. Sehun's family put him up for adoption because he wasn't wanted but he of course was greatly welcomed here. Sehun reminded me of Yixing when he was a baby, small and pale. But Sehun was a fussy baby just like Kyungsoo was, only wanted Joonmyun and occasionally would gurgle and clap his hands when Luhan skipped by him.
So there you guys have it! A long introduction to my family! I have 10 children and a beautiful husband and this is my journey with them. I hope you guys enjoyed that story as much I enjoyed explaining it. I looked around the circle of guys in front of me, every of them had a look of disbelief. One guy piped up "I bet you can't name them all in order!". I scoffed "Minsoek, Luhan, Yixing, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Zitao, Jongin and Sehun". They all gasped and applauded my ability to reel off my children's name like it was second nature. Not only I could I give you their names, I could give you their birthday, blood type and their favourite flavour of milk. Another comes up with "But none of them aren't yours biologically!" ... I rolled my eyes and gave him a disgusted look "It doesn't matter. They are legally my children, I love them with all my heart and I always will. I'll love them more than their biological parents ever could".