1

Lens.

 

One week, one more week and I need to find a subject for my lens.

 

 

The thing is, I never really contemplated about joining the photography club. I just did because taking pictures has always been a hobby. I always feel happy whenever I shoot someone or something, rather than my face. Now I'm on my senior year, and our club adviser asked us to form a gallery of pictures that shows "Relaxation" Is that how tired we look?

 

My forte is nothing but nature. Trees, plants, animals you got it. I sometimes take photos of friends for special purposes, but aside from that there's nothing else. I felt at peace when I saw green leaves everywhere, even at my camera's screen. I never even bothered taking picture of myself, why do I have to bother other's, right? I positioned on the highest terrain in our school garden -- a place where I felt relax myself. I tried snapping tons of scene my film could handle.

 

Just then, someone caught my eyes -- or my lens, rather. It's Do Kyungsoo, president of the sewing club. He was looking up the skies, savoring the moment of solitude with his eyes closed. His lips curved on a half smile. I've never seen him so serene.

 

And so I grabbed the chance, and shoot his relaxed face. When I finally got enough, I stopped and really looked at his face on my camera. I might not personally know Do Kyungsoo, but everyone at school thinks he's the dude who's always tensed up. Who at any minute, will knock you up even if you just tapped his shoulder. The guy whose eyes are always wide, but seeing him, now that's what relaxed is. I tried to fight the urge of coming near him and have a little chit chat. In the end, I can't.

 

"Yo, Do!" I finally said. But I suddenly wish I hadn't when he jerked back to his old self. He seems to be rich with white in his eyes, I must add.

 

"Uh, hello," he greeted formally.

"There's nothing to be formal about. We're on the same batch. And besides, you're probably older than me, so..." I laughed at my own joke, but stopped in embarassment when I notice him staring at me.

"So," I cleared my throat to start again, "I'm Park Choon Hee. Photography Club," I wiggled my camera to prove what I stated.

"Do Kyungsoo, President of the Sewing Club. You must know me when you called me with just my family name," he said.

I quickly apologized for what I've done, then silence engulfed us.

 

"So," Kyungsoo finally said, "You're not going to ask me to be your subject, are you?" he asked pointing to the camera hanging on my neck.

"Well, that...." I started to feel uneasy and shifted my weight from foot to foot. I ponder whether or not confess what I just did a while ago. I scurried on my camera to look for the shot.

 

"H-here," I said, showing him the screen of my camera with a little hesiation. He squinted his eyes for a better look, and when he did, it immediately grew wider.

 

"Well, we need to shot relaxed stuff, so I took a photo of you." He looked at me a little uneasy. "Don't make me delete it," I added. 

"Your face here is so relaxed," I continued, feeling the need to explain further, "It made you look good." I tapped his shoulder lightly.

 

He looked away, but not fast enought that I saw him blush.

 

"Hey, you blushed!" I shouted in joy.

"No I didn't." He tried to avoid my gaze, proving what I just stated a while ago.

"Yes you did! Sneaky Do Kyungsoo!" he smiled with my remark, making his mouth turn into a heart-shaped one. He stopped laughing when a flash of light hit his face.

 

"Wh-what?!" he said in confusion.

"Photographer's instinct," With that, he laughed and I took another shot of it. I can't help it that he's too cute.

 

"Thanks," he said when he finally got to laugh his last one out. 

 

"Why?"

 

"For making me smile. You don"t know how much it mean to me. And it's a first that someone told me that I'm ....you know," he hesitated continuing his last words that's why I did.

 

"You look good. Believe me you are. Jus try to smile more often and girls might start to follow you around," I said, even wiggling my brows.

 

 

 

"If I do, will you be one of them?" he asked in a lighter tone.

 

"Well, if I got to see your heart-shaped mouth everyday, why not?" I told him the truth but said it in a joking tone. He probably didn't mind it though, when he told me these words;

 

"Well then, I've always admired you watching you from afar, but since you just gave me a chance, I have a reason to smile everyday."

 

 

 

-END-