Staring

Black Paradise

Yong Junhyung

10.00 PM KST

“Finally…” I smile widely, satisfied.  After 12 hours I’m working and only resting when lunch time, my job is done.  Today is pretty busy day.  Maybe because it’s Monday, everyone looks more busy than usual.  And unfortunately, I have to do all of the jobs alone.  Why?  It’s simply because I’m the youngest employee here and I’m easy to be bullied.  I’m practically doing jobs for ten persons today.  Stupid me for not being brave to complain and just nodded every time they order me this and that.

Ah, by the way, I’m Yong Junhyung.  I’m working at Kim Company since three months ago.  And tonight is the 75th time since I came here, I work overtime.  I can’t protest.  Who am I to protest?  I am just an Office Boy.  I need this job so badly.  After being rejected by many places, finally I’ve got a job.  There’s no way I let this job just because I have to spend two hours longer than the other employees.

I stretch my aching back and stare at the windows that look so clear after I wiped them carefully.  From that window, I can see the scenery of Seoul in the night.  It’s so pretty.  But unfortunately, that prettiness is also hiding sadness. 

“I understand, Mom…I’m on my way to Heechul oppa’s room…”  Suddenly, I hear a girl’s voice.  She is heading to Mr. Kim’s room.  Unconsciously, I hide myself behind a big pot when she’s passing by.  Eventhough I’m not hiding, there’s no way she will pay attention to me.  She’s so beautiful.  And she smells very nice.  She’s also wearing fancy clothes.  I remember her.  She is the youngest of the Kim Family, the dearest little sister of Mr. Kim.  What is her name?

Aah…Ms. Hajin. Ms. Kim Hajin.  I never see her in real life.  I knew her from a family picture in Mr. Kim’s room.  She is indeed prettier in real life. 

“Yes, Mom…I will drag him to go home no matter what.”  She said again, and then hangs up his phone.  “Geez…that ing workaholic.  I’ll skin him alive.” 

I chuckle softly hearing her curse.  “Cute…”

After she disappears behind Mr. Kim’s door, I finally could tear my eyes from her.  I look at my old watch then gasp.  It’s almost 10.30 now.  I have to go home before creating more problems at home.

I immediately clean up the cleaning equipments and bring them to pantry.  After that I change my clothes then run fast to get out from this office. 

***

Kim Hajin

“What?!  Why?!  No, I don’t want!!  I’m busy, Mom!”  I yelled at my phone, annoyed. 

“I’m on my way to Nana’s party!  I’ve told you and Dad yesterday!”

I stopped my car abruptly.  “Oppa has driver.  Why I have to pick up him?!”

“He can go home by taxi.  Geez!!”  I yelled more loudly, but my mom yelled louder than me.  Her voice is making me small instantly. 

“Okay, Mom…Okay…”

I take a deep breath to reduce my anger then drive my car to my family’s office.  Kim Corporation.

Hey, let me introduce myself.  My name is Kim Hajin.  I’m the youngest, the prettiest and the most popular Kim in my family.  Of course I’m the prettiest.  My mom and my aunts are old already.  I have two girl cousins, but they are nothing for me.  And the rest members of this family are boys.  So obviously, I’m the prettiest.

My dad is the first son.  So automatically, after my grandfather passed away, the company is meant to be for my dad.  But I know, not everyone likes this idea.  There are many people who want to replace my Dad and take the company.  That’s why when my dad fell a sick, he temporarily gave this company to my brother.  Poor my brother, he’s still 28 but he’s already having this big responsibility. 

I stop my car in front of lobby.  It’s almost midnight, and I’m sure no one still in this office beside securities and my workaholic oppa. 

I take the lift and press 7th floor.  When I step out from the lift, my mom is calling. 

“I understand, Mom…I’m on my way to Heechul oppa’s room…”  My mom is such a nagger.  I sigh tiredly. 

“Yes, Mom…I will drag him to go home no matter what.”  Yes.  I will drag him and shove food in his mouth.  That stupid man must be skipping his dinner.

“Geez…that ing workaholic.  I’ll skin him alive.”  Yes.  For ruining my night.  I’m supposed to be in party, remember?

“Oppa!  Let’s go home!”

“Hajin-ah!  What are you doing here??”  He looks at me, shocked.  Of course he’s shocked.  Though I love him so much, I never step his office since he started to work two years ago.  I’m a terrible, right?

“Of course to pick you.  Come on!  Let’s go home and have dinner.  I’m hungry!”

“But--”

“No But.  I’ve sacrificed my party for you, and you have to grateful.”

“Geez…”

“Come on!”

“Wait.  Let me finish—”

“I don’t want to wait!!”  I yelled in his ears.

“ARRGH!  OKAY!!”

I smiled in victory when he closed his laptop.  Yes. 

“Come on…”

I link my arms on his then we walk out from his room.

“Where’s your key?  Let me drive.”

“NO.  I won’t let you to drive my baby, you’re such a lousy driver.”  I said to him then stick out my tongue.

“Geez.”  He said nothing.  Because he knows I’m right.  He can drive, but he’s really a bad driver. 

When we’re on the lobby, suddenly my eyes catch someone is running from this building, passing us.  It seems like he’s in a rush.

“Oppa…who is he?”

“Who?”

“The boy who has just passed us.”

“I don’t know.”  Heechul oppa shrugs his shoulders.  “Why?”

“Nothing.”

I also don’t know why I’m interested with him.  Hmm…Maybe because he looks handsome from the side.  His look-so-smooth-hair falls in his face perfectly, and his cheeks are rosy, maybe because he’s running.

Wait.  I only see him for three seconds, but why I can imagine his face perfectly?

 

***

 

Comments are loved <3