Heaven

Sharing Beats

“What are you doing?” Jiho mumbled, his eyes barely opened he scooted closer to Kyung. His best friend who he didn’t remember falling asleep next to, and definitely didn’t expect to be waking up next to barely responded, instead continued to click through the songs on his ipod.  With a yawn Jiho scooted again, placing his forehead on the others arm, eyes slipping closed once more. “Kyungie, what are you doing?” He mumbled against the others skin.

“I have a song stuck in my head.” Kyung replied, dropping the hand that was propping his chin up and running it through Jiho’s hair. He received a muffled hum in response before he took his hand back to grab his headphones.

“What song?” Jiho’s question barely escaped his lips before an earbud was pressed into his ear, slow guitars and a deep voice flowing through his consciousness. Adjusting the earbud Jiho shifted again, draping his arm over Kyung’s side. Kyung in response laid his head on Jiho’s, cheek pressing into his fluffy locks.

The two lay there, eyes closed quietly enjoying the song. Neither moving, with the exception of lips mouthing lyrics into the dark. When the music ended Kyung shut off his ipod, taking the ear bud from Jiho’s ear and placing everything on the night table. “What song was that?” Jiho mumbled when Kyung shifted back toward him.

“Heaven coming down.” Kyung responded, resettling and once again allowing the other to rest his head on his arm. “You okay?” He asked softly, brows furrowing though he knew it wouldn’t be seen.

“Yeah, I just had a ty day. Did I fall asleep in your bed? I don’t remember falling asleep.”

“You did, but it’s okay.” Kyung shrugged, fingers now gently roaming over his friends skin. “You need to talk or something?”

“No, I just want today to be over. I can go back to my bed.”  Jiho groaned, rolling over to excuse himself out of Kyung’s space. He stopped however, when his arm was grabbed and he was gently redirected closer to the warm body of his friend.

“No, it’s okay. Stay here, get some sleep Jiho.” Kyung said, burying his face in the back of the younger’s neck and feeling him relax. After a few moments of silence the older reached behind him, grabbing his ipod and trying to shield Jiho’s eyes from light as he scrolled through his playlists. Once satisfied he grabbed the earbuds and gently placed one into the ear of his companion, and one into his own, sharing soft beats with his best friend until they both fell asleep.