i / i

maybe kinda really stupid.

i couldn't say no,

even if i wanted to. 

 

 

do kyungsoo knows that homicide is illegal, so he sticks to counting the flaws his neighbor has and he cackles inwardly [ when he’s alone, not really, no ].

 

[ he has about five flaws.

 

(about) ]

 

the day park chanyeol had moved [ january 21, 2014 ] into the small orange house next to his plain-looking one was a horrible day. he had believed that that day was armageddon in his mind, and his mind never lied [ only on Tuesdays ]. it was raining frozen buckets from the nearly pitch black seoul sky, the bitter wind flying vertically to whip icy needles at your face, jongin (the really cute uni intern) had accidentally-not-accidentally grinded against his when he was reaching for the paperwork in the work cubicles, and he left his kero kero keroppi lunch box at home.


just your typical end-of-the-world situations on your average tuesday afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

flaw number one. driving skills.

 

[ (not) knowing his neighbor, it would be spelled ‘ skillz ’. ]

 

and oh, did he forget to mention that his new neighbor had accidentally backed up his unsightly black hummer onto his dark green mini cooper.

 

you just can’t.

 

it’s technically impossible.

 

you really can’t with their designated parking spaces are five metres away from each other.

 

just. how.

 

[ he had literally heard the second shrieking sound of metal scraping away merrily against the bumper of his car.

 

(he just had his car waxed on monday, but obviously that didn’t matter because of the sand they were scattering onto the streets to reduce the risk of anyone slipping and do kyungsoo reviving his lost sanity as it muddies up his poor british-looking car. there are mud icicles forming under his bumper. but obviously the mud is the last thing on his mind and on his car as he sees park chanyeol reverse against the rear of his car for the third time. )

 

he tried to keep calm and carry on when he opened his blue curtain drapes and saw first-hand how his neighbour  nearly destroyed the back of his car.

 

(okay, with him trying to rip out his black hair, he was not calm, but he would carry on, since he couldn’t really go out in the storm.) ]

 

 

 

 

 

flaw number two. cooking skills.

 

the snow had stopped by this time, but there was still a lot of the stupid white substance all over the place and do kyungsoo really, really hated it. probably because his poor car,

 

 

it’s sunday when park chanyeol shows up on his door, and that’s when he sees him face-to-face.

 

he swears he doesn’t stop breathing as he blinks up [ he nearly has to turn his head upwards ninety degrees ] at what is park chanyeol, all one hundred eighty plus centimeters of pure wow, dark brown hair tousled and oversized maroon glasses [ kyungsoo internally screams because he has a thing for glasses and park chanyeol, the stupid neighbor who smashed the back of his car about seven times looks like a professor. a really hot one ].

 

park chanyeol, the stupid neighbor who smashed the back of his cars repeatedly until he managed to park his huge car, shoves a tray of sugar cookies in his face along with a really wide, sheepish grin [ his large dopey ears lift slightly and kyungsoo honestly thinks it’s really cute ], and a , “uhm, i hope you like the cookies i made…it’s kinda crunchy, i hope you like crunchy cookies!”

 

it had cost kyungsoo about three thousand dollars to have his car fixed [ “freaking insurance, what do i pay you guys for…” ] but it cost him zero point zero one seconds to forget about his car bill when he looked all smiley, embarrassed, and apologetic with the cookies.

 

it cost him two minutes after he had closed the door, one cookie in his mouth to realize what he meant by “crunchy.”

 

eggshells.

 

 

 

 

 

flaw number three. the fact that he actually works with him [ only on tuesdays. ]

 

do kyungsoo is nursing a migraine and a sore throat at work the next day, index and middle fingers rubbing absentmindedly at his temples as he listens to his boss with his eyes closed [ everyone knew that nobody really listened to him ], junmyeon, talk about the new plans for the upcoming month of february.

 

 “it’s a special program where we have to lend workers from either side in order to build a better relationship with the companies, so we’ll be pairing up different people here so that you can help each other out.”

 

somewhere from among the men sitting [ not-so-neatly ] at the polished table, someone calls out “we got married” and they all snicker, with the exception of  junmyeon of course.

 

“so, uhm,” sehun hums as he drums his well-manicured fingers. “where is our husband?”

 

“sorry ‘m’late!”

 

speak of the devil.

 

kyungsoo stops snickering when the glass doors of the conference room opens, revealing what is park chanyeol, all one hundred eighty plus centimeters of pure wow, dark brown hair tousled and oversized maroon glasses [ kyungsoo internally screams because he has a thing for glasses and park chanyeol, the stupid neighbor who smashed the back of his car about seven times looks really hot wearing a tie and having his hair gelled back…

 

(he swears his breathing doesn’t stop) ].

 

“ah, there you are, mr. park!” junmyeon exclaims happily, nodding politely to a bowing park chanyeol. “you’re assigned with do kyungsoo.”

 

[ kyungsoo internally screams because he has a thing for glasses and park chanyeol, the stupid neighbor who smashed the back of his car about seven times looks really hot wearing a tie and having his hair gelled back…

 

(he swears his heart doesn’t stop) ].

 

 

 

 

 

flaw number four. park chanyeol is older than him by several months and doesn’t know how to use the printer.

 

do kyungsoo swears his palm nearly went through his skull when he facepalmed upon seeing the papers scattered all over the floor, decorating the green highly-trafficked area carpet with sheets of white.

 

“chanyeol…”

 

he smiles sheepishly, those dopey ears twitching a little as he rubs the back of his neck.

 

kyungsoo sighs and picks up one of the sheets of paper, his ears tinging red as he reads the black ink printed across the white.

 

kyungsoo is so cute

his eyes look like midnight pools

and his is nice

 

kyungsoo tries to ignore the fact that it's highlighted and underlined. 

 

 

 

flaw number five. park chanyeol is really too persistent.

 

“can i have your number?”

 

“for, uhm. for science. the stars are in alignment…” chanyeol grins sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. there’s that red tint on the tips of his elfin ears.

 

kyungsoo merely looks at him blankly. “no.”

 

some three days later.

 

“hey, what’s your number?”

 

“…”

 

“yeah. i was asking about your shoe size so yeah.”

 

“chanyeol?”

 

“mmm?”

 

“get out.”

 

“okay.”

 

twelve days later.

 

“hello?” kyungsoo sighs and shifts the toothbrush onto the other side of his mouth.

 

“hey, is this your number?”

 

“…” kyungsoo blinks and looks out the window of his apartment, blinking at the lit room on the other side as one hundred eighty plus centimeters wave at him, his glasses sliding down that adorable nose as he waves.

 

in a moment of flabbergastedness, he accidentally swallows his toothpaste.

 

[ just accidentally. ]

 

after a period of really awkward silence.

 

“so uhm. do you wanna hang tomorrow?”

 

kyungsoo chokes out a yes.

 

[ he swears it’s because of the toothpaste. ]

 

“great, i’ll see you then!”  

 

many palpitation-inducing hours, awkward moments, a spilled soda, and smeared kimchi spaghetti sauce smeared against the corner of lips later.

 

many awkward-turned-to-comfortable-weeks later, tickles, playful shoves, light glares and running down the streets to avoid the rain that’s suddenly pouring down [ damn it, why didn’t i bring an umbrella, i’m so stupid ], regretful sighs, the offering of being walked down the street to their street because they live on the street anyways, an offering of an oversized hoodie that smells strongly of lavender fabric softener, cheeks turning a deep shade of pink as a shivering chanyeol runs large fingers through his rain-soaked hair, the chewing of lower lips as large eyes look up at one hundred eighty plus centimeters of awkward, and the awkwarder smile and fidgeting of feet from side to side later.

 

“i think i like you.”

 

[ kyungsoo internally screams because he has a thing for glasses and park chanyeol, the stupid neighbor who smashed the back of his car about seven times. his internal screams reverberate even more loudly as he blinks in surprise when lips are pressed against his, and his back is pressed against the blue of his door (he’s always loved this shade, but that doesn’t matter right now). ]

 

many more kisses and laughs and squeezes later.

 

“i think i like you too.”

 

 

[ kyungsoo internally screams because he’s maybe kinda really stupid.

 

 

(but just maybe). ]