Ready?

This Is How I Disappear

This place was named Penelton Prison.

It’s where they send all the drug gangs, murderers, rapists; anyone they deem unfit for society. I got moved here today, from the Thompson Asylum. I had finally stopped having hallucinations, or at least I stopped telling Dr. Wilkowski about them. As to what my hallucinations were… I don’t feel comfortable talking about it. I winced as a sharp pain went through my back.

“Keep moving ,” one of the guards said as he sent another blow to my back with the baton.

I growled under my breath and sent him a sharp glare before moving forward again. We soon stopped in front of a cell towards the back of the hallway but still in the center. They took off my cuffs and shoved me through the door, tossing my two changes of clothes in after me.

“Sweet dreams cupcake,” the other guard chuckled darkly to himself and stalked back off towards the entrance.

I bit my lip, holding back all of my sarcastic comments. Stupid son of a . Still better than the rest of the assistants back at the asylum.

I turned to climb up to the top bunk when a voice spoke up. “Hey.”

I turned after settling myself down on the stone-like cot. I looked up and saw a man in his mid twenties on the bunk across from me. He had a One Piece manga in his left hand and was twirling a random strand of hair with the other. I look inquisitively at the other’s reddish-orange hair that nearly came down to the middle of his back. His lips were thin, but still full as he smiled at me.

He was pretty; in an almost natural way that I hadn’t seen anyone else pull off that well before.

I tried to smile back and gave a casual wave. “Hey,” I said.

He shut his manga casually and scooted closer to the edge of the bed, swinging his legs idly. “My name’s Uruha. You?”

I smiled mentally to myself. Everybody in prison had a fake name. One so that if you got out you wouldn’t be targeted by anyone later.

"Ruki," I said and set to work on throwing the old clotted newspaper out of the pillow sheet, putting my changes of clothes in there instead.

Uruha simply sat there watching me before came up with another question. "So what are you in here for, sugar? You look a little young."

I raised a brow at his use of the word 'sugar'. "Murder," I said simply and hopped down from the bed to throw the wadded balls of newspaper away.

I heard the other chuckle as I lazily kicked all of the paper in a corner. There really was no trash can, they were afraid we'd kill each other with it.

The bed creaked as Uruha laid back. "Obviously sugar, we all are." He his side and looked at me as I laid down too. "I heard you came from some asylum. Thompson, right? The guards have been whining about it for awhile now."

I laughed bitterly to myself. "Figures. They don't want to take care of crazy people. They don't know how."

Uruha laughed, I watched how his eyes crinkled and his small teeth showed. They were white to my surprise, most people in prison got really lazy with hygiene.

"Well sugar, most of them would have went to the asylum if they wanted to do that." He to his stomach. "I'm asking what was your problem though. Everyone here is bat crazy, but you... you have been real ed up in the brain to get to go to Wonderland."

I scoffed and turned over on my side, facing the wall. "That hellhole is nothing close to Wonderland. More like Auschwitz. They have a pill, surgery, or therapy for anything."

Uruha laughed yet again softly and folded his arms beneath his head. The room was silent for a few moments before he tried again. "So... what was it? Depression, OCD..."

I sighed. "Hallucinations," I finally mumbled out and sunk down further into the cot. "We'll talk more in the morning okay?"

The other cot creaked as he shifted around, finally resigning himself to sleep. "Alright, sugar. In the morning. Goodnight."

-

He was walking down the stairs, knife in hand. The thick summer air of Kanagawa clung to his sweaty skin. They were one of more fortunate families that could afford to have a air conditioner, but unfortunately it had broken due to the 40 celcius weather. Maybe it was the deliriousness of the heat that made his mind snap that night.

He wiped at the sweat that was trickling into his eyes, causing a faint sting. Everything he saw had a blackish tint to it. The fine edges of a table swirled like fumes off of the stove. He stumbled down the last few steps clutching the railing as he listened to the clatter coming from the kitchen over his labored breathing. His eyes were wide, like that of a madman. He stumbled into the kitchen, hands trailing along the walls to keep his balance.

The was a faint humming, low pitched as someone bustled about. He looked up and saw a black mass. It was hunched over, like someone has snapped its spine back beyond repair. It’s bones were coated in an almost yellow rot as they showed through the loose scraps of skin hanging onto the body.

It turned around and smiled wide at him, teeth a sickenly orange and black, stained from years of death. He coughed, the putrefying smell of flesh invading his senses. It stumbled towards him, growling.

He clutched the knife tighter.

The next moment was a blur. In one second he was stabbing the beast, inky black liquid staining him as it screamed in pain; but in the other he was curled up on the floor cradling his mother’s head in his hands as he cried. The room smelled metallic, the floor was painted red, and there was one less soul in it than before.

“Sugar?”

He threw the body to the floor in disgust, covering his ears with his blood soaked hands.

“Sugar, c’mon.”

The black was creeping into his vision, clouding everything and then—


“Ruki!”

“Uh?” I shot up in the bed, sweaty hair and clothes sticking to my body. Uruha was peering at me curiously, arms folded.

“You sure you were supposed to be off those meds sugar?” he asked. The room was silent as I sat there panting for the next few moments. He sighed and tossed a towel at me. “Whatever sugar, keep your secrets.” He walked to the door of our open cell and motioned out down the hall. “C’mon it’s time to shower.”

- -

Notes: This is my first time trying to write a chaptered story completely in English so let me know if you see any errors! Anyways, please tell me if I should continue. Bye!