X. Certain

My All

Minho stormed his way out of the hotel the building. Tears clouding his sight, pain clouding his heart. It’s been so ing long. All the pain, all the tears. They were once both in love but he wasn’t able to be the best lover. Since then, they were unconsciously hurting each other. The one sided love of Taemin. Well at least in other people’s eyes. He loved Taemin in his own ways. The incident with Jessica, the month long torture they experienced after that. The pain it continued to bring in the next months. Just when they both thought it was over, life proved them wrong. Half a year had past and the pain is still there and so as the love. It was definitely still there. But could love really be enough?

“You loved him. You ed up. You did wrong. You’re hurt. You regret it. You suffered enough. You still love him. But Minho, you need to stop.” He chanted to himself like a crazy man. Indeed he was crazy in love.

Maybe there was nothing to fix in the first place. Maybe there was nothing to revive. Maybe everything would be easier if he would just stop. He wasn’t the type to surrender on things but in this, he admits defeat. He was strong. But the pain right now is stronger. This is the exact situation where there’s nothing that could be done but give up.

 

 

 

Taemin was sitting on the bus stop like a sobbing child. This time, he already doesn’t know what the real reason is behind his tears. The reason why he’s hurting. Is it because he’s hurt? Or because he’s afraid to be hurt? Is it because he’s afraid to love? Or because he still is too much in love? Is it because he feels guilty towards Kai? Or is it because he regrets the things he said to Minho?

He got his mobile phone from his pocket with trembling hands. He needs someone to talk to. He was supposed to give Key a call but his eyes were searching for Kai’s number while his fingers tapped the call button.

“Kai…” And he tried to hide the tears.

“Oh. Taemin… are you… alright?” Kai totally hinted the cries in Taemin’s voice.

“See me. Let’s talk.”

“Taemin… what… what exactly happened?”

“Please…” The more Taemin tried to stop himself from crying, the more his tears won’t stop from falling.

“Tell me where you are.”

“Bus stop. 2 stops away from school.”

“Ok. Stay there. I’m picking you up.”

 

 

Taemin ended up in Kai’s place, a small apartment in the city. Kai was living alone, his parents are based in the country side.

Kai placed a glass of water in the table, in front of a mess Taemin.

“So… what exactly happened?”

“I don’t know where to start, Kai.” Taemin said as he slowly turned his head up to meet Kai’s eyes on him.

“Start with last night. Why did you suddenly disappear?” Kai asked. “And so as Minho.” He added.

 “I’m telling you this because I think you deserve to know what happened. I feel so guilty, and confused. And it feels like I have the need to tell you this. Maybe not because we’re going out stable or seriously dating, but because we’re friends and I love you, Kai. I do.”

“You know I’m always ready to listen, Tae. It hasn’t been that long since we grew close but I thought I’ve always let you know you’re special, to me.”

“I know. That’s the exact reason why I’m here.”

Taemin swallowed a lump of pain in his throat before starting. “Last night, Minho and I disappeared… because obviously... yeah… that.”

“I’m concluding you left together.”

“Yes.”

“Then?”

“I don’t wanna go into details but it feels like as if I’m cheating on you.” Taemin said with a guilt in his eyes. “So…  something happened. Something really wrong happened. I don’t know. It’s like everything happened too fast and… ugh why is this so hard.”

Kai extended his arm to Taemin’s hand on the table. He gently held it. “Tae, no need to make it hard. I understand, trust me I totally do.”

I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve you. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you as my friend.” Taemin said with a weak smile on his face. He’s grateful, more than grateful. To have a friend like Kai, as understanding as him, as comforting as him. It’s something to be grateful for. The thing is, he knows he is special to Kai. He feels the same, Kai is a special friend to him. “I know I’m being too selfish but help me, please?” He added.

“Help you?”

“I know the last time I asked a favor, it’s totally a crazy move. But now I’m being serious.”

“Heol, Taemin! Get straight to the point before I pull you hard in my arms.”

Taemin can’t help but let out a weak laugh. “Will you go out with me? For real?”

As much as being happy is the last thing Kai was supposed to be right now. It’s the perfect word to describe his heart. Kai, was too happy to hear those words. He smiled there, dumfoundedly. Unable to answer nor think straight.

“I mean, obviously there’s a part of my heart which is still Minho’s, let me get that straight. But rather than asking you to fake it with me, I swear. I swear I’ll try and work hard to get rid of those feelings. I just don’t wanna be hurt anymore… I want to love again without any fear. I wanna be happy again, Kai.”

Kai stood up and pulled Taemin, hugging the boy in his arms. “Thank you.”

Taemin looked up at him, eyes asking what’s something to be thankful for. “For giving me a chance.” Kai added.

“I know it’s gonna be a long road ahead, it won’t be easy for me to replace him in your heart. But thanks for at least trying, Tae.”

 

 

And Taemin ran away from the pain again. He did choose the easier way. Getting a hold of his heart and trying not to break it this time. With all the questions in his head and heart, with all the uncertainties, he’s thankful to have Kai by his side, as a friend, maybe as something more. That, he’s certain.


A/N And the promise back to back update is here! Tada~

I'm sooo sorry for making your 2min hearts break for the nth time. There's pain in every love, they say.

My heart is wavering, too. I just don't know what to do. So... how about you? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ