01

Torments of a Lover

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION FOR VIOLENCE AND IMPLICATIONS.

~`~

Songeun leaned back onto her comfortable first class plane seat.  She didn’t bother to sleep, she practically never slept anymore.  She was always on alert with no consequences.  She didn’t bring much with her to her destination.  She just brought a couple of items that were hidden extremely well, and spare clothes to change into.  She wore a fancy black dress that ended mid-thigh.  It was made of satin and it had long sleeves.  The sleeves and the back, from her neck to her small back was made entirely of flowered lace.  Her long brown hair was tied up in a messy bun, with her bangs curled to the sides and away from her face.  Her smokey makeup made her look alluring and irresistible.  When she got off the plane, she forced herself to give a polite nod to the people who continously stared at her.  When she got to the front gate, she wasn’t surprised to see a professionally dressed chauffer holding up a huge board with the English word, “Song”.  He stood in front of a very polished black sleek limo.  

“Gotta love that girl.”

She smirked to herself.  Soon she regained her composure and walked back to the limo that was prepared for her.  

~’~

Mir smirked as he let his hands drift down his silk black suit while standing amidst the immensely large crowd.  He sure loved wearing expensive clothes.  While his eyes grazed the crowd, he made sure that he threw a handsome grin at every extremely gorgeous and rich women that made suggestive stares at him.  His eyes never left scanning the crowd even when his phone rang.  He picked it up almost immediately.

“Hello?”

Jay shoved his free hand into his dress pants.  God, he loved how silk felt underneath his palm.  

“Mir, have you arrived at your destination yet?”

“Yeah, cut the professional crap.  I’m here.” Mir smirked

“Client is occupying the house, we don’t exactly know his location.”

Jay rolled his eyes at his best friend’s speech.  

“Whatever, he’ll be a easy one, just like every other one of my clients.”

Without waiting for a reply, he hung up the phone and shoved it into his pants.  He continued to watch the filthy rich people surrounding him, laughing at each other’s jokes that weren’t particularly funny.  However,  he knew the right thing to do was to laugh as if he belonged with the rest of them.  He knew all the tricks to camouflage himself completely.  He was rich too, just not for the sick reasons why the strangers around him were rich.  He was definitely rich for his own sick reasons.  He grinned at the thought as he took a sip out of his glass cup of red wine.  The corner of his eye focused on the staircase when he realized that his client didn’t occupy the room.  But instead of his client walking up the staircase, it was a very beautiful woman.  She was a stranger, and Jay found it unfair that he didn’t know her identity.  She was so y, and everything he wanted in a girl.  If it wasn’t for tonight, he would have approached her, whether he remembered that he had a wife or not.  But, today he had other matters in his hand.  God, he wished he was free.

~’~  

As she walked up the stairs, Song examined the huge party.  Everyone seemed so excited, but for Song, it was an extreme bore, just like every single other event that she had attended in the past.  But, she wasn’t here for the party, there was a task that she needed to complete.  As soon as she realized that she wouldn’t be able to find her client by herself, she tried to grab the attention of the first waiter she saw.  She smiled sweetly at him, she knew he had fallen for her trap because his immediate response was to grin right back.  Soon enough, he made his way towards her and offered the most expensive looking drink on his platter.  She nodded her thanks.  She was a bit relieved that he was kind of attractive.  She took one sip of her drink before she moved closer to the waiter.

“Do you happen to know where the host of the party is?”

The man shook his head, it looked like he was telling the truth.  But she knew that he could find out for her somehow.  She gave him a sultry smile.

“Oh come on.  I really have to talk to him.  I’ll show you how thankful I would be if you find him for me.” She pouted.

Song slightly grimaced in her mind.  She slightly gagged at her own words.  Unsurprisingly, the man’s face broke out into a predatory smile.  She suddenly gained the sheer urge to punch the nasty grin right off his face.  She forcefully swallowed the urge, she needed this guy to do her dirty work.  The man sprinted towards the bar, where a couple of his co-workers had crowded around.  He practically hopped back towards Song.  He looked accomplished, she felt ecstatic.

“He’s over there.”

The waiter revealed her client’s location.  He was at a certain corner, where the lights were slightly dimmed, almost masking himself away from her.  She smirked.  The smirked immediately dispersed from her face when the stranger’s arm wrapped around her almost bare shoulder.  

“So, how about we exchange num---.”

Song twisted in lightening speed and connected her fist hard against his face.  She was satisfied to hear the loud cracking that indicated a broken jaw.  She walked away as fast as she could without gaining any unwanted attention.  She knew the waiter no longer knew where she was because he was still on his back groaning in pain.  She knew, her actions could have caused her danger, but her yearning had already overpowered her before she could reason with herself.   But if anyone did find out, frankly, she didn’t care.  Because if there was one thing she enjoyed, it was trouble.

~’~

It took Jay a couple of minutes to finally find his client.  He was irritated that he had to move so much to find one stinking person.  His annoyance was definitely bad news for his client, he had no clue what was coming for him.  

“Why does the er need to own such a huge house?  Does this man really need to gloat about his money like every other selfish fat idiot in this world?”

As the words left his mouth, a big thick man with a heavy mustache stopped in his path.  He held an extra large wine glass with the stem between his index and middle fingers.  The color red was racing up from his neck towards his forehead.  
“Excuse me young man?  What did you say?”

Instinctively, he pulled out his most innocent expression and stared at the stranger dumbfounded.
“I don’t have the slightest clue of what you may be speaking about.”

Jay knew he put up with a good act.  Apparently, so did the man because he began to give a puzzled gaze to Jay.  A few good seconds passed until the man finally shook his head of his past thoughts.

“Sorry, have a good one.”

The man didn’t fail to look confused when he turned to walk away from Jay.  Jay stared at the big man’s back with irritation.

“I’ll enjoy it immensely when I take you as a client in the future.  Fat*ss.”

Jay’s right eyebrow arched up high and a smirk planted onto his face.  Then, he turned back to his target.

“Can’t escape from me now.” He singsonged.

He observed the situation as he slowly got closer to the host of the party.  The client was not alone, he was accompanied by a woman.  To his surprise, it was the same woman that had caught his eye at the staircase.  Anyone could have realized by looking at them that they were enjoying each other’s company.

“Gold digger.” Jay mumbled.

He was disappointed at his previous thoughts of the woman.  The couple were eating snacks and drinking wine at the same time.  He watched as the attractive woman tipped her head back to laugh at something that the client had said.  Mir suspected that the joke had probably not been as funny as the woman made it seem.  He chuckled to himself.

“Too bad that I have to end the fun soon.”

His movements towards the couple hastened.  But, one of the waiters bumped into him.

“I’m sorry sir!  Can I clean that for you?” The waiter seemed anxious.

He ignored the blabbering waiter to look back at his target.  But, something had changed this time around.  The girl was staring at him with her unusually big black eyes, without blinking.   He froze in his footsteps for one small second before he continued his way towards them.  Her eyes began to narrow as the distance between them shortened  at a fast rate.  He was interested to read irritation in her eyes.  But when he was closing in the last feet, a woman bumped into him, knocking the air straight out of his chest.  When he regained his composure, he looked up to see his client gone, the girl as well.  

“What the !”  

Mir cursed his bad luck.

~’~

Songeun let her eyes trail up and down her client.  She let out a disappointed sigh.  This one wasn’t good looking at all.  His unattractive face let her realize that she wasn’t going to enjoy seducing this man.  She had to force herself to put her finger on his chest.  She let it trail down slowly, purposely uneven.  Added to her previous actions, she tripped over her own feet and landed against her client.  She slowly lifted her head so that her eyes made contact with his.

“Oops.” She giggled at her own planned mistake.  

She then hiccuped cutely to continue her fake cute antics.

“It seems like you had bit too much to drink huh?” He chuckled at her actions.  

Song tried her best to ignore the yearning of breaking out in an ecstatic smirk.  She had to do this well, she couldn’t mess up at this time.  Her plan was working too perfectly to fail.  

“I wish we can be somewhere where we could have alone time.”

She made her voice as pitchy as it could be.  She lowered her voice as well, as she gave him the smothering look that never failed on her before.  His grin grew wider, revealing the uneven lining of his teeth and blacken cavities that marred his smile.  The second time that night, she forced bile back into her stomach.  Latching onto his arm, she let him lead her down the halls.  They stopped in front of huge medievally carven double doors.  From the appearance of the insides of the room, it didn’t take her long to realize it was his main office.  She couldn’t believe how nicely everything was working out for her.  Lady Luck was definitely on her side.  She peeked at the framed picture on his desk.  Without a hesitation, she picked up the picture to examine; it was a picture of the client’s family.  They looked happy.

“You have a beautiful family.” She commented.

The man’s only response was to wrap his hands around her biceps.  When his lips touched her neck, she almost let out a shudder of disgust.  Calmly, she placed the picture back on the desk and emitted a flirty laugh.  Within a matter of seconds, she compacted the wine glass that was on her hand onto his mahogany desk.  A glass shard remained in her hand as she twisted harshly while completely slashing the client’s neck.  Though the cut was only skin deep, Song made sure of that, it didn’t stop the fact that blood was oozing out of it at a steady rate.  He fell down onto the floor in agony while staring at her with wide doe eyes.  She smirked at his reaction, she loved the bewildered faces of her clients, it satisfied her to no end.  She slowly bend down so that he was able to hear her clearly.  

“If you tell me where the documents are, I promise I won’t kill you.”

She knew she sounded menacing.  She knew he was shuddering in fear.  His fear was her pleasure racing through her body.  As he attempted to speak, he choked on his own blood.  She raised an eyebrow, daring him to speak.  The documents weren’t necessary, they were just a reward.  However, for Song, killing the man was enough reward for her already.  With some trouble he pointed to the bookshelf.  She looked at the front doors to make sure they were completely locked.  After she convinced herself that she was in the safe zone, she took her time to look through the shelf, when she found it, she grinned happily.

“Well I’m so grateful for your cooperation.” She smiled as prettily as she possibly can.  

She smirked when he choked once more in what seemed like anger.  She pulled her hair out of the messy bun.  She grabbed her black dress from the neckline and with one flex, she pulled with all her strength.  The thin material pulled away to reveal a strapless leather tank top and leather shorts.  She pulled off her heels slipped into her boots carefully.  She pushed all the useless items into her handbag which conveniently had turned into a book bag.  She turned her attention back towards her audience.

“So, about my promise.”

She spoke while taking off her jewelery and shoving those in her bag as well  He stayed silent and looked relieved. She watched his expression melt away as she pulled out a knife out of the secret compartment in her left boot.  His expression disappeared.

“I lied.”

She walked slowly towards him and was satisfied to see him squirm for a little bit.  But when she got to him, she stabbed him where she knew he would die almost instantaneously, but with the least amount of blood.  After she was sure of his death, she shoved the documents into her bag and zipped it close.  She put on the bag and grabbed the man from the floor.  Without much trouble, she lifted him up and walked towards the window behind his desk.  His body was pushed out of the window.  

~’~

“Come on Jay, think, think!  Where would they have went?” Jay muttered.

The gears in his mind churned viciously, whilst he scanned the every hallway and every corner.  When his eye’s connected with two large beautifully carven doors, he knew his answer.  With enough time wasted already, he ran towards the room.  When he tried to yank the door open, he was only half surprised to find it locked securely.  He put his ear upon the door and heard a female talking.  In a flash, he pulled out his gadgets and wasted no time in getting the door opened.  Jay surprised to see that his client wasn’t occupying the room.  Instead, he saw the girl from earlier, but what was unusual was that she was in entire different attire, making her almost unrecognizable.  She was crouched on the window sill; it was then, that he had the slightest clue about her identity.  She stared at him expressionless as he stood frozen in his position.  Taking advantage of his shock, she jumped out of the window.  Jay had finally woken up from his trance when her long brown locks drifted in the air after her.  When he got to the window, he was too late because she was no where to be found.  An unexpected piercing scream made him look down at the pavement below him.  He was emotionless when he realize that it was his client that laid there, with his blood pooling around him.  Jay was enraged that wasn’t him that caused the client to be in his lifeless state.  As anger filled him up to his throat his fist came crashing into the close window besides him.  The glass shattered, decorating the air before him.  He finally left the room with cuts and bruises marring his right hand.  He pushed and shoved so that he could get to the parking lot as soon as he could, climbing into his silver convertible in fiery speed.  He didn’t think twice before he raced towards his headquarters, only stopping in front of the black gate that he knew was heavily armed.  A static filled voice spilled out of the speaker.

“Your code?”

“Thunder, if you don’t open this stupid ing gate, I’ll drive right through it.  I don’t care if I blow up this car, with me along with it.” Jay threatened.

“Shut up.”

The gate made a loud creaking sound while it pulled open.  It felt like eternity when Jay could finally fit the width of the car through the opening.  He stormed straight into the room that he knew Thunder was working in.   

“Did you come to boast about how you’ve taken care of this client?”

Thunder didn’t even bother to look up at Jay.  Jay wanted to punch him.

“No, some stupid hot stole my client!”

His words for the first time actually pulled Thunder out of his paperwork.  He looked at Jay expressionless.

“So you didn’t get the client?” Thunder said with a monotone.  

“How was I suppose to get the client when someone already stole him from me?!  And if I find out that you were the one who sent her to around with me, well.. that’s not funny!”

Jay’s face was getting red and he stomped his foot for extra support.

“I didn’t send anyone.”

“I know you sent her!  She has long brown hair and she’s y.  She wears the same clothes as the girls do here.”

His anger was replaced by confusion.  

“We don’t have anyone y enough for your high standards.  Plus, you made note of the hot ones, before you got married.  You said good bye to every single one of them personally before you asked Ryanghee to marry you.”

“Then who is this assassin, and why did she take my client?”

“I honestly don’t think I know her.”

~’~

“How did the mission go?”

“You tell me.”

Song grinned at her best friend C.L.  After her reply, she threw down the thick document onto C.L’s office table.  The two didn’t even bother to flinch at the loud boom from the impact the papers had on the glass table.  Song turned around to take her own personal seat.  But, when she was about to sit down, C.L. stopped her.

“You got blood on the documents again.” C.L. called out.

“You have to be ing kidding me.” Song responded.

Song made her way back towards her best friend.  She examined the entire document to be confused with the result.  There was only one slight drop of blood on the back of the folder that held the papers together.  Blood was no where else to be found.  She pointed angrily at the one red dot.

“It’s just one stupid speck.”

“I was just messing with you.  I didn’t even look at it yet.”  C.L. laughed loudly.  Song in return shot her a glare before she turned around to face the wall that was occupied entirely by a huge glass screen.  She watched almost uninterested as her manager, perse, typed in a few words.  The screen, in effect, planted the big capital letters of success across the face of Song’s most recent client.  It was only after she saw those letters that she felt a huge sense of accomplishment envelope her.

“So was the job easy today?”

“It’s always been easy.”

C.L. gave the assassin a ‘give me a break’ look.  Song smirked in response.  But, her smirk soon disappeared when the image of a certain man’s face popped into her mind.  C.L. seemed to detect her discomfort.

“But, that man that kept showing up whenever I was with the client really bothered me.”

“Oh yeah, the one that I had to help you  bump into him.  I actually didn’t really get a good view of his face.  Try your best to give me a description.”

Song continued to spend the next 5 minutes by giving C.L. a thorough detailed description of the young man.  She tried her best from her memory.  C.L. started smiling half-way while Song was talking.

“He sounds pretty good looking.”

“Well, actually, he kind of was.” Song laughed.

“I’ll do some research.”

“Whatever.” Songeun said while kicking her legs up and planted them comfortably on the coffee table near her seat.

After chatting with C.L. Song knew it was about time for her to leave.  It was 2 a.m.  and she didn’t like keeping Junhyung waiting.  She muttered a quick goodbye.  Without waiting for C.L.’s reply, she ran to the car that C.L. prepared for her.  When she got to the car, the first thing she did was to climb into the back seat.  She pressed a button on the ceiling of the car that automatically made all the windows of the car tint to an extreme black color.  She pulled out all of her weapons and stashed it in a secret compartment of the car; only people who knew of its existence would be able to find it.  She changed into a floral chiffon tank top and denim shorts that she had prepared earlier in lightening speed.  Climbing into the driver’s seat, she tied up her hair in a high pony tail.  The car immediately took off after Song un-tinted the windows.  She was able to get home in an hour and a half.  As Song drove past her house, she was relieved to see no lights shining through any windows of her house.  She parked the car in a dark alley  few blocks away from her house.  

The front door creaked loudly, when Songeun pushed it open.  She shut her eyes tightly in a wince.  She walked straight up the stairs and towards their room.  Without looking at the bed, or the man who occupied it, she changed for the fourth time that day.  

“Hey, you’re back” Junhyung said groggily while looking at her with half opened eyes.

Songeun turned to smile at her husband.

“Yeah.”

She climbed onto the bed, trying hard not to shift it around.  

“Come here.” Junhyung mumbled.  

Songeun moved so that she was pressed right against Junhyung.  She knew that was the only way he slept well.  Junhyung continued to hold her closely.  When Junhyung’s slight snores emitted into the empty air, she couldn’t do much but stare at the darkness.

~’~

Jay’s hands continuously tightened and loosened upon the leather cladded steering wheel.  The image of his client on the grey pavement with his blood pooling around him burned on the back of Jay’s mind.  His anger acted like fire, boiling the blood within his vessels.  He could barely let his entire mind wrap around the idea of him failing.  He couldn’t believe that this mysterious girl kept him from killing the man himself.  Shoving his hand against the car horn, he screamed in anger.  The man was the first client that he missed in his entire career.  He knew this news was going to tarnish his well earned reputation at the firm.  His anger caused him to race down the highway.  Without much thought, he pressed a button that unlocked all the doors of the car.  He screamed loudly once more before pressing the engine of the car even more.  Using a lot of force, he twisted his car straight through the steel railing to his right.  Right before the car flew into the air, he jumped out, landing with an oomph onto the highway floor.  Luckily for him, the highway was empty for the exception of a few cars.  His chest moved up and down at a fast rate as he heaved; the adrenaline pulsed right through him from the recent event.  Even though his eyes were shut tightly, he couldn’t ignore the loud sound the car had made when it made impact with the body of water beneath the highway.   The pressure from the contact caused little droplets of water to fly up into the air and cascade down and onto his face.  He didn’t bother to wipe the water away.  He reached his hand into pocket, while he was still laying on the tire skidded floor, and pulled out his cell phone.

“Thunder?” He breathed into the phone.

“Help me find out about the girl as soon as possible.  It’s driving me crazy.  I’m going insane here.” He gasped.

“Alright.” Thunder responded.

“Oh and Thunder?” Jay said before Thunder could hang up.

“What.”

“I wrecked another car.”