My first friend

My first friend

This was a very stressful day. In less than a week my life had a 360 degrees turnaround. For the last four years I lived in ia with my mum and my brother. We had difficult times but apparently all of that was about to end. The old man promised me a singer career. Not exactly what I wanted but I took it. 

The only problem I have now is this guy in front of me. He had been talking non-stop since we met. Actually, he’s the only person who talks to me since I arrived to this place.

-So, where are you from? 
-Korea 
-Really? Don’t lie… - he made a strange sound with his voice, like a dolphin -  I heard you talking in English.. I know English, too. Do you want me to talk in English?
-No
-So, what part of America are you from? 
-I’m not from America
-Then, where are you from from Korea?
-Seoul
-Really? I’m from Gyeonggi
-Oh
-So why were you talking in English before? Did you live there?
-Yes
-Where? How long have you been living there?
-ia…four years
-Is it pretty? 
-Yes
-Do you have family there? 
-Yes
-Do you have brothers? I have a twin
-Younger brother
-Really? They should meet… they can be friends
-Sure
-How old are you?
-Seventeen
-Me too!! We’re the same age…we have to spend time together. The other guys are older, Yunho-hyung and Jaejoong-hyung. Have you met them already?
-No

Ok. Now I’m having a headache. I know part of being in a group implicates socializing but right now I don’t feel like talking. My mum called me in the morning saying my brother had been sick all night. 

He probably had a party and drank too much but I wanted to be sure and I couldn't call him because we have a rehearsal in 30 minutes.

-How about Changmin? He’s younger than us. I heard him singing…Wow, he’s talented… and very good looking. Have you met him?
-No
-So I’m the first person who talks to you 
-Yes
-So I’m your first friend after you come back? Yay!

 

I guess he’s right. He’s indeed the first person I know after four years of living in America. I could try to be friendly with this guy. Now that I have a good look on him, he’s really handsome. He looked like a girl at some point but not anymore. His skin is flawless. His eyes are small but very deep. His hair is funny. He has a strange haircut. I bet he doesn’t go to the hairdresser regularly. 

-Hey guys! We need to make a small record of your voices. The board wants to hear you before the meeting on the 23rd. Come here! – A small and ugly guy is calling us.

We walk until where he was. This is my first time on a recording studio. 

-Can I sing any song I want? – the guy named Junsu asked
-Sure…it’s just a demo 
-Yoochun-ah, do you know what you want to sing?
-Not yet. Why don’t you sing first?
-Are you sure?
-Yes
-Ok, thank you

I’m gonna sit on the other side. This place really needs a good air conditioner. I don’t know how many times I went to the bathroom to refresh myself. 
I would have gone more times but Junsu kept asking me more and more personal stuff so I was kind of busy.

I’m acting strange with this guy. Normally, I’d have yelled at him for being so noisy. I don’t like curious people around me. However this guy doesn’t bother me. He is innocent in some way. It's strange to say that a 18 year old guy is innocent but I feel he's like that. 

Between the conversation I understood that he was Christian and that his bigger dream in the world was to be a singer. And not only any singer. He wanted to be the most famous singer in all Asia. 

Quite ambicious I might say but my instinct is teelling he’ll get it.

He is entering the cabin.  I’m waiting for him to start. I don't know what kind of song he would choose but I'm definitively intrigued by his chords. How impressive could be that guy with that squeaky voice?

-Are you evaluating me, Chunnie? – Junsu says. His voice clearly heard through the window that divide us.

“Chunnie?” – Since when did I give him so much confidence

-Yes, you better sing with the best quality

“Ok, now I’m joking with him” 

-I’ll try 

He’s laughing now. What the hell. Is that his laugh?! I can’t help but to smile. His laugh is contagious. This guy is certainly something.

-Ok, I’m starting. Please, be nice with your score
-I’ll try

He’s singing now. It’s an old song.  I had heard my mum singing the song when I was a kid. In those times where my father was leaving us she used to sing this melody: ”Love that is too painful is not love”

After letting you go far away
Like saying goodbye to the autumn bird

After letting you go
When I come back and sit in front of my shot glass

Will my tears be shared?

After letting you go forever
When I see the starlight

The unfinished days, the painful love
That flow down as my tears

Will I be able to erase them?

Memories like the falling rain
Scatter about on this street

When I become a lonely person
And hang my head low, I hear your voice

I hope a love that is too painful
Was not love from the start

When the wind passes my wet shoulders
When my exhaustion reflects in the window
I resent you

I hope a love that is too painful
Was not love from the start

I hope a love that is too painful
Was not love from the start

Let’s never come back to the world
As love

Bury those words that I longed for
In this unfinished love

I hope a love that is too painful
Was not love from the start

I hope a love that is too painful
Was not love from the start

I couldn't help it. I was crying. His voice was just delightful. I'm seeing him again now under a new light. 

He's cute. Really cute. 

I wipe my face and wait for him to come to me.

-Junsu-ah, good job! - I say when he enters the room behind the glass 
-You're calling me by my name
-That's right, babe - I say again

Now it's my turn to sing