Final

Silver Tears

Oh Sehun was never the one to socialize with newcomers. He had his group of friends and that was all he needed, or so he thinks. It's the new semester and Sehun hears news about a transfer student, in which he lacks interest to.

 

The buzz about this student grows louder, every corner he makes, Sehun's ears are filled with chatter about him. Just what made these people admire this new student badly. Focused on his thoughts, Sehun runs into someone, then the talking stops. All eyes direct their attention on Sehun and the young boy he bumped into.

Sehun is about to rudely tell the other off when a pair of soft, brown eyes look into his. It's now that Sehun decides to let him go easily, in fact, he even picks up the others books for him. He hands it to the latter and gives him an expressionless stare before walking off and not replying to the brunette's soft, "Thank you."

 

 

Their encounter is a huge uproar in the school, why? Because Oh Sehun is known to be the ice prince, he has never softened to anyone besides his friends. This event was unexpected, and the transfer student who is popular himself, seems to have gotten on Sehun's good side without trying.

 

This also sparks jealousy, on both sides. Many girls throw themselves at Sehun, many at Baekhyun (Sehun had learned his name by heart), many at both. Now the ones who prefer one over the other, absolutely despise their second choice. The ones who'd be happy with both, seem happier with having them both be together. 

 

 

How did one encounter cause all of this? It didn't. Ever since that day, Sehun has been 'accidentally' bumping past Baekhyun, and Baekhyun has been 'coincidentally' appearing everywhere Sehun was. Slowly, the two began chatting. At first it was simple greetings, but after the span of a month Sehun and Baekhyun have been having lunch with one another and talking about anthing there is to talk about.

 

Sehun's group of friends became Baekhyun's group of friends as well, Baekhyun's group of friends became Sehun's group of friends. However, leaving their friends to meet one another, Baekhyun and Sehun seemed to always find a way to sneak away from the group and have meaningless conversations with one another at their secret hiding place.

 

 

Deep within the mini forest, located a few blocks near Baekhyun's house, there was a beautiful waterfall. It wasn't big, but Sehun admired it, almost as much as he admired Baekhyun. Sehun remembers the first time Baekhyun trusted him enough to take him there: they were working on their science project and had decided to take a short break. Baekhyun had decided to take a walk with them, he learned that Sehun liked to hike. He questioned the younger if he wanted to see something very secretive, and important to him, and led him to the beautiful place now named the SeBaek Hideaway.

 

 

 

Today Baekhyun was at Sehun's house, he had spent the night there after watching movies. Sehun's mother came to wake the pair up, and breakfast was served. Sehun's father greeted them and resumed watching the news when the two came downstairs. 

 

As Baekhyun happily ate the food in front of him, Sehun only ate his after he was done watching Baekhyun. Everything about Baekhyun mesmerized him, Sehun had to eat his food when it had turned cold.

 

Then the two set off to their hideout once more. It was the beginning of winter and probably the last time they'd get to feel the cool water before it froze up. Sehun had come to know that Baekhyun enjoyed staying in water, quite a lot. He turned around as Baekhyun stripped and only turned back when he heard a splash and an, "Okay!" There was Baekhyun, smiling at him and his body from shoulder-down, hidden underneath the water. Sehun wasn't a ert, therefore Baekhyun was fine with having Sehun turn to face him even if the water was crystal clear. 

 

Sehun only focused on Baekhyun's face, because that's what Baekhyun wanted him to focus at and that's what Sehun will do. Sehun asked Baekhyun a question, "Why do enjoy the water so much?" Baekhyun giggled, and it was a beautiful giggle indeed, but he never answered.

 

Right before he stepped out of the water, Sehun closed his eyes and when Baekhyun allowed him to look again, Sehun's face went paler than usual. "Sehun, are you alright?" Baekhyun extended a hand towards the younger and gasped when he saw his own hand beginning to freeze. The ice crawling up his skin, and when Baekhyun looked up to see Sehun again, he noticed his own hair had turned crystal white. Now he knew why Sehun was too scared to even blink.

 

Baekhyun tried to calm him down as quick as possible, "Sehun let me explain." But it was too late, Sehun had dashed away before Baekhyun could utter another word.

 

 

 

Sehun didn't see Baekhyun the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that. He began growing worried. After that experience a few days ago, he began to feel guilty. What if Baekhyun was suffering a sickness and Sehun had just ran away, leaving him there to die? 

 

Right after the dismissal bell rang, Sehun ran as fast as he could, all the way to their hideout. He half expected Baekhyun to be lying dead, and cold on the ground. He didn't expect to see the trees surrounding the waterfall, and only those trees may he add, to be frozen and look as if they were made of ice. The waterfall was a beautiful, icy scenary and Sehun could hear Baekhyun's angelic voice, "Sehun."

 

Sehun turned around, everywhere, but Baekhyun was nowhere to be found. He glanced helplessly at the waterfall and right in the center of the lake that the waterfall ran into, began to crack. There was a circle opening, and Sehun fell backwards when Baekhyun flew out of it. His body completely made of ice, and as glassy as the trees nearby. His hair still fluffy, although crystal clear, and a beautiful pair of icy wings stuck to his back. 

 

"Baekhyun," Sehun always called Baekhyun was an angel with wings, but he never knew he'd actually be able to see him in his true angelic form. And this Sehun says aloud, "I always knew you were an angel." He doesn't fail to see the smile that Baekhyun gives him, and it warms him up even if Baekhyun was made out of ice at the moment.

 

"I'm actually the nature spirit in charge of water and ice," Baekhyun's giggle is let out again. Sehun can't help but gaze at him in awe. "Sehun, there's always a time in every decade that I become like this. It comes unexpectedly," Baekhyun says and it explains why both of them were in shock the other day.

 

"Every decade? How old are you exactly?" Sehun asks with a hint of laughter. Baekhyun rolls his blue eyes at Sehun and answers, "Older than you by hundreds." Baekhyun can't help but laugh at Sehun's impressed expression.

 

"So what happens now then?" Sehun asks and picks himself off the ground, Baekhyun sighs when this question slips out of Sehun's mouth. "I have to stay trapped underneath the water there until the temperature turns warmer," Baekhyun says and Sehun furrows his eyebrows. "This means I can't talk to you until then, but you're welcome to talk to me although I won't exactly be able to hear you when I fully freeze up. I won't come out until after everything melts," Baekhyun smiles sadly and Sehun chokes out an, "Oh." Sehun has friends to talk to the time being, of course, but nobody could replace Baekhyun. 

 

"I'll visit you everyday Baekhyun, even when you freeze up."

 

 

 

And so he does, until one day a terrible blizzard hits the area near the end of January  It prevents Sehun from walking outside his house. School is closed, and he's trapped inside his home. Although many are able to walk to the grocery store and what-not, Sehun's parents strictly forbid him from leaving the house due to the danger. Sehun doesn't even get to tell this to Baekhyun. It takes weeks for the blizzard to finally clear up and by the time it does, it's already March. Sehun's excited to vist Baekhyun in the forest.

 

 

 

When Sehun gets there, he notices everythings still frozen in ice, it is just the beginning of spring so Sehun does his usual routine of visiting Baekhyun. But he doesn't realize that Baekhyun was wide awake, and heart-broken too. He had woken 2 weeks afer the blizzard and noticed that Sehun hadn't even spared one walk there until now. Baekhyun hopes Sehun would stay, but Sehun leaves as quick as he comes. The next day, Sehun doesn't come back. The day after that, Sehun doesn't come once again. Baekhyun, getting frustrated, decides to sleep until everything finishes melting up.

 

 

 

Sehun had been busy with his tutoring, and feeling extremely guilty for not visiting Baekhyun. It's now April and he has a big exam coming up, he hasn't been able to visit Baekhyun for a month, if the last time he visted was even considered a visit. Sehun promises to himself that he would go and visit Baekhyun after the exams were done.

 

This promise, he doesn't keep. Right after the exams are done, he's assigned to tutor a foriegn exchange student. Knowing Chinese due to his parents, who were fluent in many languages, Sehun has to tutor a boy at least 2 years older than him in Korean. 

 

When he's finally done with that tiring job, he realizes it's Saturday and he's completely free. He tells his parents he and Baekhyun are going to hang out in their hideout but his mother stops him. She explains to Sehun that they won't be able to go to the hideout, and that they should go somewhere else. Sehun wonders why and it takes him 15 minutes to listen to his mother. By then he's running out the door, screaming on the inside.

 

His mother explained that their was hazardous oil that had spilled over and into the river connecting to the waterfall. Sehun doesn't care who he bumps into, he runs right into the forest and begins panting loudly when he reaches their hideout. Sehun opens his eyes, the trees were still crystal clear at the top, meaning the ice was close to completely melting away, meaning the lake had only thin pieces of ice drifting here and there but the rest was clear blue water.

 

Sehun remembered Baekhyun's words, he wouldn't come out until the ice was completely dried up, therefore Baekhyun was still mildly frozen in the center of the lake. Sehun smiles, and he falls to the ground, fainting.

 

His smile never reaches his eyes, because what he sees is the lake, drenched in oil.

 

---------------------

What did I just write again? >.> SeBaek feels were not calm so I wanted to write this.