The First Snow

The First Snow

 

"Hyemi, its time for me to go... Mianhae."

"Luhan... Kajima..."

"Mianhae, Hyemi... I'd try. But its useless."

"Dont go, Luhan. Dont leave me alone. Who wants to play with me? Who can help me build a snowman that we used to build together if it wasnt you? I begging you, please dont go..."

"Hyemi, stop crying. Promise me that you never cry after I left, because.. I cant gives you my hands to wipe away your tears."

"But, I.. I."

"Its ok, Hyemi. I promise that i will come back to you and we will build a snowman together again. Ok?"

"But, when? When do you come back?"

"One day. I promise."

 

 

Today is the first December which is called 'A Romantic Month' and the most happily month to celebrate it. The day where everyone was happy with first december. Everyone start their day with a full of smiles in their face. Start their life with their lovely family. Except for the girl who named Hyemi. All day, she starts her day alone. No parents, no family. Just her. But that doesnt stop her from continue with her life. As long as she still have someone she love stay by her side. Someone that had left her almost 10 years and now he came back because of his promise. Someone that had stole her heart since in kindergarden. Someone that appeared when she almost gave up to continue her live. Someone that was cheer boy before but suddenly he had no feelings after the tragedy that Hyemi doesnt have an idea what is about. The tragedy which make he lose someone he love the most. But he never tell Hyemi about it. He is a very caring towards her although his personality was cold. That boy named Luhan.

"Oh no. Im gonna be late for school." without wasting time, she took her school bag and put on her shoes after locked her house door. Not really her house, but her late family house that now is belongs to her.

At the same day, Hyemi walk to school alone. She doesnt mind at all walking alone to school. Because she had been used to live like that. She start to stand with her own legs after her parent leave her last year.

 

----------

 

She quickly rushed into the classroom. Thought that she had late for her class but after went into the classroom, she realise that was only her in that classroom. She begin to sit at her place and start to stare outside the window beside her while waiting for the teacher and the other students to come in the classroom.

"I thought i was going to be late again." she realease a big sighed.

"Talking to yourself?"

Hyemi shock. She didnt realise that someone was in the classroom. It was Luhan that sitting behind her. Eating his bread while staring outside the window. 

"When do you come in?" Hyemi ask turning her body towards Luhan.

"Just now." answered Luhan short chewing his sandwich.

"Oh... I was-" suddenly a weird sound appeared. It was sound from Hyemi's stomach grumbling.

"Want some?" Luhan took out his another sandwich in his beg and lend it to Hyemi.

Hyemi blushed. Slowly she took that sandwich from Luhan's hand. "Urm.. Gomawo. I was rushed that time until I forgot to take my breakfast."

Luhan's smile appeared at his lips for a second and gone after he continued eating.

"Omo.. That smile... " said Hyemi in her heart.

"Next time, take breakfast before you go to school." said Luhan cold.

Hyemi replied with a nodded and start to eat the sandwich.

 

------------

 

"Hyemi." called Mrs.Young.

"Yes teacher." replied Hyemi.

"Its look like that only you are left and only you the one can help me. Can you please put these books on my table. I have to attend a meeting now." said Mrs Young while point at those books on the table. Its really a lot of books.

"How can i carry these books alone? It must be really heavy." thought Hyemi.

"Gwenchana. I can do it." Hyemi nodded and gave her teacher a fake smile.

"Gomawo, Hyemi. I have to go now. Annyeong." Mrs.Young waved at Hyemi and rushed quickly towards meeting room.

Hyemi release a heavy sighed. She started to carry all those books by herself towards Teacher Council. "Its re-realy hea-vy." said Hyemi. She force herself to carry those books. On the way at the hall, she suddenly bumped with someone made she fell hard on the floor with all the books that she carried.

"Ouch!!" moaned Hyemi. She rubbed her hip that in pain.

"Gwenchana? Are you hurt?"

Hyemi looked up. She was froze a while after looked at the person that she had hit. "Luhan?!"

Luhan held out his right hand to Hyemi while his left hand was in his pocket. "Need a help?"

"Go-Gomawo." Luhan held Hyemi's hand tighten scared that she wil fall again.

After Hyemi can stand properly, he bend to collect the books that fell on the floor. "Oh.. Its ok. I can do it." Hyemi bend to help Luhan to collect the books for her.

"Why you have to carry all these books by your own?!!" Luhan shout while stared at Hyemi with his no feelings face.

Hyemi body shaking in fear looking at Luhan shout at her plus stared at her like that. "I- I was... just..."

"Shh..." Luhan put his index finger at Hyemi lips. "Mianhae. I was scaring you, isnt it? Come on. Let me help you carrying these books." 

Hyemi nodded after a few minute and continues to pick up the books.

 

-------------------

 

"Thanks again for helping me." Hyemi bow. 

"No problem. If you need anything, just call me ok. I will always here for you." Luhan gaves Hyemi a beautiful smile. His smile that had gone last 15 years.

 "My heart. Its pounding really fast." Hyemi looked down. Avoiding from looking at Luhan's doe eyes.

 "Do you need a lift?" said Luhan which makes Hyemi came back in the reality. 

"Uh? Oh.. Ok." Hyemi nodded.

 

------------

 

They walked together heading back to Hyemi's home. The weather quite cold because December has come, just waiting for snow to fall. It just a quiet walked. No voice came out from each other mouth. On the same time, Hyemi didnt realise that her eyes glue on Luhan's face. He was wearing an earphone listening music while playing games at his phone. His face was really calm. His eye doe which makes her heart pounding very fast everytimes their eyes met. His red lips that can create a beautiful smile. His chubby white checks which makes Hyemi really want to land her kiss at it. For Hyemi, Luhan is really a perfect man. Everythings on Luhan, she likes it. He was born in a perfect man.   

Luhan looked up towards Hyemi, he realise that Hyemi didnt stop from glance at his face. Their eyes met for a second.

"What are you watching at?"

"Huh? Nothing actually." Hyemi looked down with a blushed. Doesnt know that Luhan realise she was looking at his face.

Luhan continued playing at his games ignoring at Hyemi that was blushing.

"Whats wrong with me? Why my heart pounding very fast?" thought Luhan.

 

---------

 

While doing her homework, suddenly her phone ringing.

Hyemi looked at her screen phone try to remember that unknown number then she answered it. "Yeoboseyo. Who is this?"

"Yeoboseyo, Hyemi. How are you? This is your favourite grandma. Remember?"

"Oh!! grandma!! Im fine. Why are you calling me?"

"I was thinking, if dont you mind, moving here, at China?"

"Nae? Wae?"

"Dont you mind staying here with us? We really really miss you. And you know that you are the only grandchild we had. Before we left, we really want to meet our grandchild."

"Grandma, please dont say that." Hyemi tears flows wet her beautiful cheeks.

"Your grandpa was sick and he really wants to meet you before he left. Please? Can you please move here, if you dont mind?"

"Grandma..." at last, Hyemi cried out loud. "Is grandpa ok?"

"He's ok. And he really miss you."

"I miss him too. I miss both of you. Its ok grandma." Hyemi take a deep breath. She was confusing on choosing neither stay with her grandparents or stay here with her crush. Both she love very much. 

"If you cant, its ok. Dont force yourself"

"Grandma, I will move there. I will take care of you two. And I will try my best to find an early flight, ok."

"Are you sure?!"

"Yes im sure. And this is my choise. But please grandma, dont let grandpa left before I come there ok."

"Ok. We will wait for you. Have a safe flight. Good night Hyemi."

"Ok. Good night, grandma." Hyemi end her conversation with her tears flow thinking that she will leave Luhan. She stared at her phone for a few minutes. "Mianhae Luhan. I think we dont even made for each other." Finally, after an hour searching, at last,she had found an early flight that was 2 days left . That night, she sleeps with her tears. Truly cant believe that the reality is her turn to leave Luhan.

 

 

 

1 day before leaving -MORNING-

 Before she starts her feet heading her school, she wiped her tears again that non-stop from flowing. Without realising that someone was standing besides her staring at her.

"Hyemi? Are you crying?" slowly he wipe Hyemi tears away. Hyemi was shock. Her body froze for a minute.

"What happen?" he ask again with a low voice.

Hyemi didnt reply. She just standing there quietly and facing down at her shoes. "No.. Nothing. Im fine." Hyemi gaves Luhan a fake smile. 

 

----------

 

*The bell rangs*

All the students ran out heading canteen for something to eat especially Hyemi. She release a heavy sighed. She keeps all her books and starts to stare out the window.

"Hyemi!!" someone yelled at her.

"Oh my!!" Hyemi shock. She hold her chest while taking an oxygen for breathing. "Yah- Sehun-sshi!! You're shocking me!!" Hyemi gaves a death glare at Sehun.

"Mianhae..." Sehun giggles while rubbed his back neck. "Why dont you taking you're lunch?"

Hyemi release a long breath. "I wasnt hungry." slowly she puts her head on the table.

Sehun tooks a chair near him and sat on it. "Yah- Hyumi, I want to tell you something but promise me you never tell Luhan that I ask you this question."

Hyemi looked up and gaze at Sehun. "I promise. What is it?"

Sehun took a deep breath. "You were his childhood friends right?" Hyemi nodded slowly.

"Did he really become quiet boy since you were kids?"

"Not reallly. He was a cheer boy since were became friend but after he came here again, he became more quiet. Its kinda weird for me. Why do you ask?"

"Did he told you anythings? Like his girlfriend?" Sehun ask again.

Hyemi shock. She felt like she had lose her oxygen. 

"Girlfriend?! He had girlfriend?" Hyemi ask unpatiently.

"That was actually I want to ask you. Because I found this." Sehun handed a picture. Hyemi took it slowly from Sehun's hand and start to looked at it.

"He dropped it just now when he was heading towards canteen. I really want to return it but after thinking twice, I thought I want to investigate it first who is the girl in the photo before return to him." Sehun continued.

"I.. I dont have any idea about it. Its really suprising me." Hyemi realise that at the back of the photo was written there

 

My only loves that will last longer. But its hurt very much.   

                                          To: Gae Min

 

The writing really makes Hyemi ran out of oxygen. And its Luhan's hand writing. 

"I... I dont believe this. Is it true?" Hyemi gaze at Sehun. Waiting for his answer. In the same time, she held her tears from flows.

"I dont really sure about that. Why dont you ask him by yourself. Besides, you are his childhood friend, it doesnt mind him, right?" Sehun suggest.

"Oh.. Ok. I'll try to ask him." replied Hyemi while gaves Sehun a fake smile.

"Good girl." Sehun patted Hyemi's head. 

 

After school

 

 Hyemi close her eyes tighten and took a deep breath before she starts to speak.

"Erm... Luhan." Hyemi turned her body back towards Luhan.

"Hmm?" looks like he was still sitting while stared at the window.

"If you dont mind, will you go out with me today?" said Hyemi with her shaking voice.

"Nae?!!" suddenly Luhan looked at Hyemi with his shock face.

Hyemi quickly added some words after realise that Luhan was shock. "Erm.. What I mean is, can you accompany me going somewhere else. Im bored sitting at home alone."

"Ok..." Luhan smile and stood up.

"Really?! Gomawo!" said Hyemi excitedly. "Gomawo Luhan.. I knew you would accept it."

"So, where do you want to go first." Luhan ask while kept his books in his beg.

"Urm.. How about we take a walk at Namsan?"

"Sounds great. Lets go then." Luhan patted Hyemi head and starts heading towards the classroom door.

 

Namsan Park ( I dont really sure if it exist )

Its really romantic walking together with a person you love at the peaceful place, holding hands together, chatting with each other, sharing a hot drink together in a cold weather. Laughing together with no reason. But its really different which in Hyemi's situations.

"Luhan, do you want some hot drink?"

"No"

 

"Luhan, this place is beautiful, isn it?"

"Hmm."

 

"Luhan, are you tired?"

"Nope."

 

This is how Hyemi spend her last time with Luhan. With her cold friend. Whenever Hyemi ask, Luhan will give her no feelings face and answered her questions like "Oh, Ok, Hmm, Nope." or with nodded. Thats not what Hyemi wants. What she wants is to spend her time with Luhan like they did before. But,,, time has pass really fast. They're just only wasting time by walking around. Sometimes, they stoped at the stall to buy some food to eat and thats really made Hyemi upset.

"Luhan, can we sit for a while. Im getting tired." Hyemi voiced to end up the awkwardness.

Luhan answered it with a nodded. They stop at the nearby bench and silent. Hyemi noticed that has two kids who is playing around infront of them. Its was a girl and a boy.

 

"Come on catch me if you can." -boy

"I'll catch you, you jerk." -girl

"No you cant, because im a runner." -boy

"You idiot, wait till i get you, you will be dead." -girl

 

Those two kids were running around trying to catching each other. Those two kids reminding Hyemi when she was a kid. Building a snowman with the person who sit beside her.

 

"Luhan, dont just sit there, come and help me build this snowman."

"Why would I?"

"Because you're the one who really wants to see a snowman."

"I dont want to see that snowman. What I mean is I want to a snowgirl." Luhan took some snow on his hand and put it on Hyemi's head.

"This is really a snowgirl what i mean is. Haha... You looks like a witch." Luhan started laughed hard at Hyemi. 

"Yah-!! Wait till I get my hands of you!!"

 

 

"Hyemi."

Luhan voiced makes Hyemi a bit shock and came into the reality. Hyemi faced at Luhan but he just looking at his phone.

"Yeah."

"Are you day dreaming again?" Luhan asked without facing at Hyemi.

"Im not day dreaming... I was just..." Hyemi release a small sighed.

"Luhan.." Hyemi stood up and facing Luhan. She clencthed her fist tight.

Luhan was a bit shock with Hyemi reaction. He looked up and gaze at Hyemi with his no feeling face.

"Hmm?"

Hyemi took a deep breath. "I just want to ask you. Do you had a girlfriend before?"

Luhan raised his eyebrow.

"Is this really belongs to you?" Hyemi slowly took out the photo from her bag and showes it to Luhan. 

"Where do you get this?" Luhan quickly took the photo from Hyemi's hand. Hyemi noticed that Luhan raised his tone a bit.

"I was... I found it on the floor." Hyemi lied. She faced on the floor. That face really made her body shivering.

"Well, this girl in the photo, yeah.. She is my girlfriend. Why? You had a problem with it?"

Hyemi can heard her hearts breaking into pieces. She didnt noticed that her tears has fell one by one.

"Yes! I have a problem with it! My problem is I had fall in love with you, Luhan!! Im in love with you since were friends." Hyemi looked up gaves Luhan a glare.

"Dont you understand? After you left me, I had nobody else to play with, to laugh with. I was so lonely that time. I had wait you for 10 years, Luhan. Everyday, my tears doesnt want to stop from falling. Even, I can heard my own heart screaming your name. The first time I saw you came back, I cant describe how happy I am." Hyemi gaze Luhan. Trying to looked at his feature, his doe eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks one by one for the last time.

"No. Your were not suppose to confess your love at me."

 

Luhan's Flashback

"Luhan oppa, saranghaeyo." that was the first time he heard Gae Min, a first korean girl be friend with him since he came to China, confess her love at him and for the last time he heard her voice. Never guess after a few minutes after that confess love , some tragedy had happen.

"Gae Min!! Watch out!!"

"BUMPP" a crash heard loudly. In a blink of eyes, he saw Gae Min was lying on the ground covered with red blood everywhere.

"Gae Min!! Wake up, Gae Min!! Dont leave me! Gae Min...!!

 

------

 

"What had you done with my daughter?!!"

"Mianhae, ajjusshi. I was to slow. I never thought this would happen. Im sorry."

"Do you think with your sorry can turn my daughter back to life?!!"

"Mianhae."

"You know what, you should'nt had receive love from everyone. Coz you will make their life more miserable. Mark my words."

 

After the tragedy, he changed. Changed to be more quiet person. Everyday, he spent his time locking in his room. Regret with himself. Never stop blaming himself for Gae Min death. 10 years had passes. He decided to move back to Korea. And leave all his memory spending time together with Gae Min. What the worst part is, that fears memory still haunted his life until now on. 

End of flashback

 

"Luhan. Cant we just be together? I want to spend my time just like we did before. Spend my whole life with you. I really missed the time when we built our first snowman." Hyemi smile. Her tears fell remembering her past.

Luhan release a big sighed. "Mianhae Hyemi, I cant." Luhan looked down felt sorry for Hyemi.

Again. Hyemi heard her heart break into pieces. Never thought the one who broke her heart manytmes is the person she loves the most.

"I cant accept your love." he continued.

"Why? Why you cant." Hyemi started to cry.

"Because I dont love you." Luhan looked up a gaves his no feelings face.

"No. No your lying." Hyemi steps back a few inches.

"Its a reality, Hyemi. You must accept the reality."

"No. This is'nt true. Why you care about me if you dont love me?" 

"Hyemi, dont you understand. I dont even love you at all. Im care about you because you're my friend."

"But.. But.. I thought you love me?" Hyemi covered did'nt believe what Luhan had just said.

Luhan smirk. "Just accept the reality, Hyemi. Go and find a new man that loves you more than me."

"No, Luhan. Im not doing that. I will wait for you just like before i wait you for 10 years." 

"Hyemi!!"  Luhan grabed Hyemi's wrist hard. "If you really love me, forget about me!! Go away from my life because Im just making your life miserable!! I had hurt you a lot!!" Luhan shout and threw Hyemi's hand makes the girl moaned a bit.

"Luhan..." Hyemi wipes her tears that did'nt stop from flows.

Luhan cant stand much longer seeing Hyemi's tears. He felt that he really want to wipe that tears with his hand and gives her a hug but his ego had take over his body. "Just go away, Hyemi. I dont want to see you again. Goodbye." Luhan gaves Hyemi a last words and run away leave Hyemi crying alone.

"Luhan..." Hyemi felt her legs became weaken. She sat on the ground and cried out. "Luhan.. Please. Dont.. Dont leave me again... You know I cant go on my life without you by my side. Luhan.."

"No Luhan, dont even turn back. You will hurt her more. Im sorry Hyemi." Luhan kept running and never turned back to Hyemi.

Never thought, the first snow starts falling from the sky. One of the best moment gaves Hyemi became the worst moment. She thought the first snow this year will makes her happy but she's wrong.    

At night 

"Yeoboseyo."

"Yeoboseyo, Sehun-sshi. This is Hyemi."

"Oh Hyemi, what can I help you."

"Im sorry for calling you at this night. Can you give me a favour?"

"No problem. What is it?"

"Can you come over to my house? I want you to lend it to Luhan tomorrow."

"What? You'll not come to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I guess. I must leave."

"Leave? What do you mean? Where"

"Somewhere else that needs me a lot then here. Got to go now. I will send you my address later."

"But-"

"Bye."

 

TODAYS THE FLIGHT TO CHINA -in the flight-

Hyemi looked at the window beside her. Ready to leave Korea and heading to China.

"Goodbye, Luhan. I hope you will be happy although Im not there by your side." Hyemi wipes her tears. The tears that had fall just because of one person names Luhan. 

 

After school

Luhan noticed that Hyemi did'nt come to school today. He started to feel guilty for making Hyemi cried yesterday. He didnt mean to ask Hyemi to go away from his life.

"Luhan." He turned around at the voice hoping that the person who called him is Hyemi.

"Oh. Sehun-sshi." Luhan release a small sighed. "What is it?"

Sehun took out something from his pocket and lend it to Luhan. "Is from Hyemi. She ask me to gave it to you." Sehun voiced after saw his friend looking at him with his questioning face.

Luhan took the folded paper slowly from Sehun. He opened it with suspicious. Then, something fell down on the floor. He bend and took it on the floor. "Gae Min?" Its was Gae Min photo. The one Hyemi showed it to him yesterday. He continued opened the paper and read it.

 

Firstly, I want to thank to you for your caring these time.

Thank you for making me happy before and light my days.

Im really glad I had a friend that always making me happy, makes me laugh,

cheer me up. 

When you reading this letter, maybe I had left.

Im no by your side anymore.

All things that you had done to me, I dont have an idea how to repay it back.

And I decided this is the only way I can do. 

Althought it hard for me.

And the way that you really want it.

That is for me to leave.

I thought this year we can build a snowman together like we did before.

But, I guess Im wrong.

By the way, I want to return back your belonging.

I should'nt took it from you. Im sorry.  

 And Im really sorry if I left you without a goodbye.

Its really hard for me to say such thing to the person I love.

Dont worrying about me, I can take care by myself and I'll be somewhere else that is safe.

Somewhere that no one can find me.

Somewhere that far from my house.

And I will bring all my precious memories with me.

I hope you will be happy after I left.

Take care of your health and dont get a cold.

I will miss you, Xi Luhan.

Bye.

                                 - Hyemi

 

"What? What had I done? She really left? But I did'nt mean it." said Luhan with his tears.

"Luhan, she needs some times for herself. Let her be." Sehun patted Luhan's back to calm him.

 

 

After 5 years later

"We are one! EXO imnida. Kamsahamida. See you guys later." Suho greeted and bowed followed by11 other members..

"Lu-ge, do you want to take some hot drink after this. The weather really cold outside." Xiumin asked after they had finished their had left the stage.

"No thanks. I just want to take some fresh air outside." said Luhan and leave Xiumin with other members.

"Whats with him?" Xiumin ask weirdly.

"Past problem." Sehun came from behind and patted Xiumin shoulder.

"Oh.. I see..."

.Luhan shoved his hands his in pocket and walked around outside. Suddenly, he stopped and looked up at the sky. Hoping the snow will falls today. Today is Decembert. It has been 5 years already he waited her to come back until he became a singer. He also had tried to search everywhere in Korea but failed. Hyemi really had left him from his life. Now he realise that he really loved her. He really needs her in his life. But, its too late already. If only he can turn back time where the last time he met her. The only things that he can do is accepting the faith that Hyemi has gone forever from his life. 

"Hyemi, I reallly miss you. Where have you been?"

"But, I thought you dont love me?"

That voice, its her voice. Luhan quickly turned back towards that voice. and found it its her. Its really her.

"Hyemi?" Luhan said with a shock.

"I miss you too, Luhan." Hyemi replied with his teary eyes.

"Hyemi!!" Luhan quickly pull Hyemi in his embrace.

And that time, the first snow falls from the sky. The first snow is the happiest moment in December gives Luhan. Did'nt expect that the first snow is the most memorable day gives the both of them.

"Hyemi, dont ever leave me again."

 "I promise."

THE END~

 

Sorry about the story. Its kinda boring. 

But I hope you guys enjoy it. :)