{ Kai } Dance With Me

XOXO

Dance.

Each day before classes began, Jongin would use the University’s practice room to dance his heart out. No one usually bothered him or was even around at the sight since sleep took over the exhausted college students so he quite surprised to see a female, her long brown her cascading down her back as her body flowed with the music. The female’s moves were sharp and it fit right with the music. Jongin couldn’t help but stare in awe, leaning all his weight against the door way. Eventually, the music stopped blasting from the studio speakers and the female was panting for breath, grabbing her water bottle and chugging the liquid down into her system.

“Hey.” The other jumped slightly in surprise, turning her head, her eyes wide with confusion and curiosity.

“Hi.” The brunette waved at him, her eyes turning into crescent shapes as she set her bottle down, extending her hand to shake for him. “Sorry, do you need the practice room?” Jongin shook his head.

“I’ve never seen you before...” Jongin trailed off. “Are you new here?” The girl nodded, packing her things into her bag, smiling a last time before waving goodbye.

“I’ll see you around.”

Jongin couldn’t focus on his dance moves. He was too busy thinking about the girl in the studio. It was only after some thinking, Jongin facepalmed himself so hard it could of left a mark. Jongin didn't know the girl's name.

--

The next day, Jongin woke up extra early to walk to the studio, hoping that the other would return to the studio. He would always watch the other as she danced. Even in class, he would day dream until the professor would lecture him about how careless he was.

Jongin still didn’t the girl’s name. 

--

On the third day of meeting the nameless girl at the dance studio, Jongin finally got the girl’s name.

“Sohyun.” She grinned widely, “My name is Kwon Sohyun.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Sohyun.” He waved shyly, extending his hand for her to shake. “I-I’m Jongin, but people call me Kai. I mean, you don’t have to call me Kai because everyone else does, I like the name Jongin too— “Sohyun laughed, using the back of her hand to cover .

“Cute, Jongin.” Jongin widened his eyes, his cheeks growing furiously red, puffing his cheeks to try and make it go again. “I’ll see you later, all right? Bye!”

--

Jongin was up earlier than he was that day. He didn’t know if it was because he finally got Sohyun’s name or was it from the bright light coming from his window. Maybe it was both. Sohyun wasn’t there when he got there which made Jongin pout like a puppy. He set aside his bag, plugging his blue iPod into the connector and clicked play. He danced, not minding his surroundings and let his body flow with the music. Each move was sharp and if anyone was watching, they could see the passion Jongin had in his dancing. As the music stopped, Jongin gasped for breath, leaning his back against the mirror and slumped down to the floor. He heard clapping from against the door way, widening his eyes and to find Sohyun in sweatpants, a hoodie and her hair tied into a high pony tail.

“Looks like you beat me to the studio today.” She let out a soft laugh, setting her bag down next to his and leaned in front of the other. “You dance really well, Jongin-ah.”

“T-Thank you, Sohyun…” He gulped, sure that his cheeks were furiously red in color. Sohyun smiled her usual bright smile, offering a hand to him so he could get back on his two feet.

“Hey, I was thinking…” Sohyun turned to look at the taller male, “Jongin-ah, do you want to dance with me?”

“You mean like… together?” He blinked innocently while she laughed, shaking her head.

“Nooo, I meant half cross the planet.” She ruffled the boy’s wet hair, walking towards the speaker and replaced Jongin’s iPod with her own, stretching her arms and yawning softly before looking at him brightly. “Do you want to?”

“Sure.”

The two danced, Sohyun teaching most of the steps to Jong in because he would always trip out of embarrassment and shyness. After Sohyun left, teaching the taller  the whole dance, Jongin didn’t stop practicing until each move was sharp and would impress Sohyun the day after.

--

Every day for the remaining part of the week, Jong in would make it to the studio first before Sohyun would arrive. Sohyun would always compliment on how Jongin’s moves were sharper, and they were even in sync with each other during practice. They kept practicing until their bodies were drenched in sweat, backs resting on the mirror before she turned to face the other, patting his shoulder as her lips tugged up to form a wide smile. “You did good, Jongin.”