Chapter 26

Battle of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“So Min? What are you doing here?” Dong Han was surprised to see her in a place like that. It was Friday night and because he didn’t have to come to work the next day, he and his friends decided to go to a bar.

 

“Ooh!! Hi there, Min Dong Han! Why are you asking me? Can’t you see? I’m having a good time!” she replied with a little hint of tipsiness.

 

“What are you doing to yourself? Why are you drinking so much?” he asked again in a furious tone.

 

He couldn’t afford to see the girl he loves so much wasting herself over a damned breakup. Yes, he fully understands how painful it is to be heartbroken. He has experienced it himself. But that was a long time ago, when he accepted that So Min isn’t destined to be with him. But she changed him. He used to be a bully, but now, he’s the big buddy of the ones being bullied. She helped him cope with it. Love changed him a lot. And now, seeing her like that made him want to crush someone into pieces.

 

“Come on, I’ll take you home.”

 

“Aish! Don’t kill the fun! I just want to forget something,” she said and put her head down the table.

 

“Is it something?Or someone?”

 

She lifted her head again. “Please. Don’t start,” she told him and stood up. But upon standing up, she felt dizzy and gradually fell.

 

 

***************************************************

 

 

Mrs. Jung was annoyed by the constant knocking on the door.

 

“Coming! Oh, geez. Who would come here at this hour of the night?” she mumbled to herself.

“Oh gosh! So Min! What happened?” she asked when her daughter’s screwed up face greeted her.

 

“I saw her drinking in a bar.I don’t know how much she had drunk but by the looks of it, it’s too much to make her in this state.”

 

“Thank goodness, you found her! I didn’t know she sneaked out when we were sleeping. I sang her to sleep before I went to my room,” she explained as she opened the door of So Min’s room.

 

Dong Han put her down on the bed and moved the hair strands away from her face. “I think she’s going through a lot.”

 

“Yes, she does, Dong Han. After being almost killed, he had left her. Who wouldn’t go through a lot with that?”

 

Yes, he had left her. Dong Han almost forgot. He must know the reason why he did that.

 

“I’ll be leaving now, Mrs. Jung. I’ll talk to her when she gains her strength again,” he told the older female and dashed to the door.

 

“Ok. Thank you again. Goodnight!” Mrs. Jung yelled as his figure quickly vanished to the bedroom door.

 

 

***********************************************

 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Let’s meet now. It’s urgent.”

 

Hyun Joong’s mind went crazy upon hearing the voice on the other line. “Why? Did something happen? What is it? What’s the matter?” he asked spontaneously. He knew it has something concerning her. Weeks have passed since he had last seen her and it slowly kills him. Thinking about something urgent made him panic.

 

“Chill, bro. I just want to talk. I’m in our usual sanctuary,” Dong Han said and ended the call.

 

Hyun Joong hurried out of his room and headed to the place. He was dying to know any news from her, but any wrong move from him could create a huge damage and he wouldn’t forgive himself if that happens.

 

“What is it?” he immediately asked as soon as he settled next to Dong Han.

 

Dong Han chortled at him. “What is it? You should be asking yourself, not me.”

 

Hyun Joong slightly tilted his head. “And what does that supposed to mean?”

 

“Meaning? You’re asking for a meaning?” he chuckled again. “Now you’re attitude makes me wanna beat you up to death.”

 

Hyun Joong slammed the table. “Just say it! Goddamn it!”

 

Dong Han gave him a hostile stare. “She was here, you fool! She’s wasting herself because of you! Why? What did she do to make you leave her like that? ANSWER ME!”

 

He became more livid when he didn’t get any response from him. He impulsively grabbed his collar and shook him.

 

“You’re answering me with a stare? Why? Can’t you tell me your reason? Is it not good enough?” he continuously asked while breathing heavily. He was losing his patience, but still trying to keep his cool.

 

Hyun Joong held Dong Han’s hands and pushed them away from his collar. He took his seat again and breathed heavily.

Dong Han also sat down and tried to calm himself. He waited for him to speak.

 

“I have a favor to ask you,” Hyun Joong finally said after minutes of solemnity.

 

Dong Han didn’t reply, but showed a questioning face.

 

Hyun Joong turned his head to look at him. “I… You…” he heaved a sigh. “You must marry her.”

 

It alarmed Dong Han’s senses. “WHAT THE HECK?! Dude, you must have gone crazy. Wake up, dude! WAKE UP!” he shouted as he shook his shoulders with great force.

 

“It is the only way.” Hyun Joong said weakly.

 

The place was dark with only a few lights coming through the tables. But by the sound of his voice, it couldn’t be denied that he was crying.

Dong Han softened a bit. By then he knew that he should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter