Chapter One

I'm giving up on you

He is EXO's duizhang, charismatic and very social and easy to get along but behind his fame and million of fangirls shouting for his name is a young man who have been through alot of events that had shape him to be a better person.

But what happen, when he met her again? the woman that had help him to survive those tragic years of his life?

Maggie Hai Lin Wei, she is different. A face that every paparazzi would love to follow a gem in the heart of Beijing.

There is no such thing as a perfect daughter, but there is a girl name Maggie Wei. She's the good one.

A middleschool friendship, that had develop into something else as they grew older together and was seperated by a tragedy.

“Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.” -Haruki Murakami.

Maggie hurriedly stand up as soon as she heard the sound of her alarm clock, is it really morning already? it felt like only few minutes that she was sitting on her study table studying and reading some research papers. 

It took sometime for her to pull herself together, looking down on her phone there were messages wishing her a "Happy 27th Birthday!"(add 4 years from Kris age) "ah I'm running late"she murmured as she hurriedly get out of the bed to dress up she's already running late for her 8am ship.

Hello, I'm Maggie Hai Lin Wei I'm currently an intern at Peking University Hospital after few years of working hard at last I will be a obstetrician, why did I choose this path? maybe because I believe there's a room for second chance.

Family Background? they say it's impressive but trust me there is no such thing as a perfect family.

Alex Wei, he's known to be the CEO of BMW China and also the CO-Owner of GrandHotel Beijing which he inherited from my grandfather and now sharing the ownership with my Uncle Xavier, Xavier Wei. My mother she's called Anna Choi a Korean-Chinese former Fashion model and known to be the queen of runaway back in her time. As of now she had already retired and work as the Head Art Director of Highcut.

I have a younger sister, our is really big it's took my parents 13 years to have him Monique Jia Wei she's 15 years old and she's currently studying in Korea I love her dearly

The three of them are really proud on all my achievements thanks to them I am where I am now, everybody has a secret that they can't tell and I myself isn't an exemption.

Maggie rush through inside Peking University Hospital, "I'm sorry"she said with her matching 90 degrees bow "do you think that the hospital is a place where you can get in and out when you want to?"Mrs. Jiang the Head doctor of Obstetrician and Gynecology deparment said "sorry"Maggie bow "get to work"the old lady said which Maggie did as she did her morning early rounds at the hospital.

Walking around "Mrs. Qi, how do you feel today?"she greeted as she enter the room "Dr. Wei, I feel really good how's my baby?"she ask "the pediatrician said she's responding really well with all the medicines she'll be fine"Maggie said softly as she gently pat the woman's shoulder after few minutes she walk out of the room to check on more patients.

hours of working it was already her break, as she goes inside the department office "HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAYYYYY!"the doctors cheered inside the room "you had work hard Hai Lin"Mrs. Jiang said "Xie Xie"Maggie replied back "I had to play the mean role this morning, since I had plan to give you an early off for this afternoon"the old woman said.

"you don't have to do that"Maggie said "it's okay, it's a good time to spend it with your family"the older woman insist nobody know what's her family background in the work field, I guess asking Mei for a dinner would work out she thought to herself "if you said so"Maggie laugh the rest of the doctors had agreed as well.

after eating her lunch, she decided to leave work, parking her car at a place called  'Yu Lin Orphanage' going down she look around for a specific young mister. "Xiao Lu"she called he turn around with a smile on his face "Ms Maggie"he said running through her giving Maggie a tight hug and sloppy kiss.

"Happy Birthday"the young boy greeted "thank you"Maggie said this is Xiao Lu, and he is  Maggie's beautiful mistake. He doesn't know,  and one day Maggie had promise that this young mister will know.

Maggie was on the process of getting rid of him at 23 when the man that she love the most turn his back on her she called her mom and she gave her the idea of abortion.

She didn't want to tarnished the family name that they have in Korea and that's the reason why she's in China right now. Little did they know that Maggie kept the baby, she kept things on her own she was hiding through public's eye the whole time with fear. The two were sitting next to each other when the head nun arrived.

"Sister!" Xiao Lu cheered the old woman stare at Maggie for a minute then turn back on Xiao Lu with a smile on her face "Xiao Lu, can you play with the rest of the children for now?"she ask "yes sister, you'll be here for the rest of the day right?"Xiao Lu ask Maggie "of course, I will"Maggie said.

"Hai Lin, it's been a while"Sister greeted "I'm sorry if I haven't really visited Xiao Lu"she said "I know you have been really busy lately"the old woman replied back "thank you so much for all your help"she added. "today is Xiao Lu's birthday as well and I brought something for everyone"Maggie said as she show what she had brought them.

"it's been 5 years"Maggie said looking at Xiao Lu who's playing with the rest of the children "2 more years sister"Maggie promise "I remember"the older woman said "he's a handsome boy, I know he might hate me at some point but that boy standing there is my everything I don't think regret will be the word for it but if I will be born again I will be happy to have him as my son"Maggies said as she's about to tear up.

The older woman wipe the tears from her face, "shhh, your a good mother"the older woman said "what's going on?"Xiao Lu interrupted from behind "Xiao Lu, I told you to play right?"sister said "I saw Ms. Maggie bringing something and I'm guessing it's for us sister"the little boy said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"of course, it's for you"Maggie said as she tried to bring out the food that she bought for him and his friends.

Once a month, Maggie tried her best to visit the orphanage and had ask that if anything happen to Xiao Lu they need to contact her. It was around 10pm when Maggie decided to say her goodbye. "already?"xiao lu pouted "I have to, I still have work tomorrow"Maggie said as she tightly hug the younger boy.

"I'll see you again next month?"Maggie ask "yes, of course"Xiao Lu said "I'm going"Maggie said messing on Xiao Lu's hair.

Kris just got done with his schedule 12:30am, he heavilly sigh at 27 with a stable career and some EXO members had already started dating behind there fans back Kris is the exemption after his relationship before his debut he didn't care meeting any other girls. A lot of things had change in EXO in a good way despite different controversies.

Hi I'm Kevin Li, Li Jia Heng, Wu Yi Fan or should I say better known as Kris Wu worldwide I was born in China my parents are both food pioneers My dad goes by the name Eric Li or Li Yi Ju by the Chinese Business world and my mom is Christine Wu a traditional Chinese Chef. 

My parents officially went seperate path when I was 8 years old, I have a younger step brother from my dad's side now and that's about it. I have to admit that my parents seperation gave me a different view on love. I started to doubt it, does happy ending really exist in real life? after my long time relationship ended maybe I'm right happy ending only exist in fairy tale books.

Maybe some people are just lucky enough, and I Kris Wu don't have that kind of luck.