Make Things Right

I'll Protect You

Jiyong's POV

As soon as I got back from Las Vegas, I went straight ahead to her dorm. It had only been two days but it felt like weeks. I wanted to tell her how much I missed her and to explain to her the real deal behind this other scandal.

I rang the doorbell but it was Bom noona who answered the door.

"Hi Bom noona, where's Dara?"

"Why the hell would I tell you?!" Bom noona raised her voice. She must be angry because of the rumors, if there can be someone who would be protective of Dara, aside from me and Chundong, it's none other than Bom. 

"Noona, I know the scandal looks bad but I really need to clear things up with Dara."

"Well you better do, she did not say anything about it nor did she look sad, but knowing her, I'm sure there are a lot of things that are running in that girl's mind right now. Time and time again, she would think that she needs to prove herself, make herself and others believe that she deserves someone like you. But you know what I think, you're the one who needs to prove your love for her, Jiyong. Don't you think so?"

"Where is she?"

"She been out at around 5 am this morning, she said it's for an audition."

"Audition?"

"It's for a drama."

"Arrasso, I'll be taking my leave. Thanks for telling me."

A drama? Dara is one of the most patient and most selfless people that I know. We know that she does feel bad because some 2ne1 fans tell her that she does not have talent and she does not belong to the group. But despite everything, instead of hating the haters, or being discouraged, she strives even harder.  She has been promoting 2ne1 like crazy, sealing product endorsements, and like what she has been doing now, auditioning for dramas.

This is one of the qualities that I admire the most about her yet it is also the one that makes all of us very worried. Dara can tend to overwork herself. We, YG family, all believe that she has nothing to prove, right from the beginning she already fits in 2ne1, without her, there would be no queens in the Kpop industry. And she does not need to prove anything to be with me. I am the one who chose her in the first place. Without her, there would not be any Gdragon either, no songs would be written, no hits to be made, because I wouldn't have my inspiration. Bom noona is right, I'm the one who needs to prove something. I'm at fault why Dara feels insecure. If I hadn't been constantly liking models online and be linked to them, and if that "incident" hadn't happened, she wouldn't have any doubts about herself, nor would she have any doubts about us. 

~Flashback~

A few years back, Dara had a drama with Jung Il Woo and they had a kiss scene. I got really jealous and angry, more so that I even learned about the kiss scene from someone else. She explained to me that it was originally not part of the script and that it was the director's spur of the moment idea. I told her that she should have resisted or at least she should have the decency to tell me about it. She said she was sorry and that she thought it doesn't matter because it was work related and that next time she would tell me. But I didn't believe her, I was blinded by my anger, tired, and sleepless to be understanding during that time. Hurt and disappointed from our fight, being the young and stupid person that I am,that night I went to the club with the Bigbang boys to let out some steam. Drinks were passed each minute, people were getting wild in the dance floor, but I just sat there near the bar, where the drinks were of easier access, so that I can drown myself from liquor and forget one huge fight that I have with Dara. I know that I was being unreasonable and I have overreacted, but I just feel so bad. We can't even tell the people that we are together and now I had to know that she kissed someone else. It feels like I have been slowly losing my hold on her. 

I got more drunk and Kiko who happened to be there, confessed her feelings for me and kissed me. I pushed her immediately, as I realized it was not Dara I was kissing. Unfortunately for me though, Dara, who went to the club to fetch me, her not wanting us to end the night with a fight between us, saw the kiss. When I saw her, I felt like a cold bucket of water has been poured to my head and I immediately got back to my senses. I followed her as she stormed out of the vicinity.

"Dara, baby, it's not what you think, Kiko was the one who kissed me. I swear." I told her as I saw the tears that were falling from her eyes. 

"You don't have to explain anything to me Jiyong, I just hope you wouldn't do the same things you got mad at me for." 

"I wouldn't do that to you ever, it hasn't even cross my mind. Trust me baby."

"Dara!" Dara-noona!" I heard the boys call out.

"Dara, I can testify that Jiyong really didn't kiss Kiko. We were there, he immediately pushed her even." Top hyung said.

"Yea, it's not what it looks like." Youngbae, who I know Dara sees as the gentleman of the group, vouched for me.

"We didn't even know Kiko's in the club. She just appeared out of nowhere." Daesung said.

"She was---" It was Seungri, I know he has the intention of defending me also but the other boys covered his mouth even before he could say anything that can make the situation worse than it is. 

But what surprised me more, was another voice.

"Dara-ssi, mianhe. I didn't know Jiyong already has a girlfriend and I don't know if you'll believe me but as a girl I would not testify on Jiyong's behalf if he did kiss me and cheated on you but I was really the one in the wrong here. I am a little bit tipsy which made me reckless of my actions. I am really really sorry Dara-ssi, Jiyong." Kiko said as she took her leave.

I immediately went to Dara and hugged her not wanting her to slip away again. 

"I'm sorry Dara, sorry for being a jerk and not understanding. You were right, I shouldn't have been too nice to Kiko and make her misunderstand my intentions. But you got to believe me that I would never cheat on you."

"I'm sorry too Jiyong, I should have told you about the kiss scene."

~End of Flashback~

It was a good thing that Dara and I were able to resolve our issues that night. Still I believe that the kiss with Kiko left an emotional scar to Dara and I's relationship. I know that even if she does not say anything, she is hurting. Hurt because of what my fans and her fans have to say, hurt because of my own stupid actions, and hurt because of what I have failed to do, and that is to make her feel that I wouldn't want anything else in this world as long as I have her with me. I have to see her and I have to make things right. 

 

A/N: Annyeong readers! I know, I know, I haven't updated for a long time. I have been catching up on the stories that I was reading so it got me busy. I have also been crazy exercising because we will hit the beach this March and I want to have a beach body. And what took me by surprise was learning just this Friday that my crush would be joining our company outing. I really don't know what to feel. Sigh, he does not even notice me anymore, unlike before. Sorry for my rant.

Anyway, I hope you like this update, I just thought of this chapter while waiting for my turn at the dentist which took me an hour, so I decided to write a draft on my cellphone, and voila the finished product. Anyone wondering how Jiyong will make things right? Post your comments below :)