Deux (3/1/14 update)

Too Much to Handle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the night was uneventful. The all just went to a local, private club, and just had a few drinks. It wasn't much. They just needed some time to unwind for their first day in America.

 

 

Eventually, they all came back to the hotel, exhausted and sleep deprived.

 

 

They all ended the night early to have a fresh wake the following morning.

 

 

"Kwon Yuri! Have you seen my Tory Burch flats? I can't find them anywhere," a distressed looking Jessica was rummaging through her suitcases. "I swear if I don't find them I will murd-" She paused, and held up one of the flats in her hand. "Found one."

 

 

Yuri laughed at her earlier dismay. "Yah, you really need to start being more organized." She opened up her suitcases, which all of her clothes were folded neatly, and had a section for her shoes as well. "Like me," she said in a sing-song tone.

 

 

"Shut up," Jessica said in English, rolling her eyes. 

 

 

The dark haired girl just chucked. "Okay, Jess, okay."

 

 

The blonde was much more stressed out than Yuri. She was meeting her ex-boyfriend here, after not seeing him for over a year. She didn't know what to do with her feelings. She obviously wasn't over him, he was the only one who didn't leave her, well by choice.

 

 

They broke up because of the incident that occurred earlier the past year. Imagine being judged and hated by most of the country, so he owned up to his mistake and fled the country. They promised one another that they would wait. No matter how long it took.

 

 

He loved her, or, still does. What they had was real. 

 

 

Of course, you can guess that this guy was no other than Park Jaebom. Or to her, he was just Jay.

 

 

"You okay Jess?" 

 

 

She immediately shook her head. "I'm nervous. I don't think I'm ready to see him now."

 

 

As she said that, Tiffany and Yoona entered their hotel room. Tiffany wanted Yoona to share her hotel room with her, so Yoona gladly accepted.

 

 

"Unnie, you're ready for this. We all have faith that today will go great for you," Yoona smiled, putting her slender arm around her shoulder.

 

 

"Yes Jess, you are ready. Please, just stop stressing. It's been a year. You are ready now." Tiffany said, in a way a mother would to her child.

 

 

Jessica nodded, "You're right." She stood up and put on her flats and sunglasses. Her outfit today consisted of a gray tank top with a black daisy floral skirt, along with her flats that she finally found. "I'm leaving now.. Thanks girls. Love you."

 

 

The three girls smirked. "This will go amazing," they said in unison. Knowing that since they have already contacted Jay earlier and they know what will happen. 

 

 

As Jessica was in the elevator, it stopped at the 12th floor for someone. The doors opened and appeared Heechul. 

 

 

"Wow, Sica. Where are you going? You are looking great!" He beamed, slyly checking her out.

 

 

She noticed, of course, and laughed. "Oppa, stop that! I'm just going to meet an old friend at a Starbucks that is around the corner from this hotel."

 

 

Heechul, being the nosey person he was, interrogated her with more questions. "Who is this friend that you will be seeing?" Looking at her skeptically.

 

 

"Uh," she hesitated, not sure if she should tell him. "Well, my friend is boy."

 

 

"It's Jaebom, isn't it?"

 

 

She widened her eyes, "Whoa. How did you think of that so quickly?"

 

 

A smirk appeared on his lips. "Well Sica, I know you well enough. You grew up in San Francisco, not Los Angeles. And according to one of the 2PM members, their former leader happens to be in LA right now. So, there you go."

 

 

"Oh gosh, you really are something.."

 

 

"I just know everything."

 

 

Jessica laughed, "Well okay then, oppa. I guess I will see you later tonight! We're all going out for dinner right?" 

 

 

"Yeah, don't be late!" He patted her on the head, and the elevator reached the lobby. "Bye Jessica!" 

 

 

They both walked out of the elevator.

 

 

Jessica took her time to walk to Starbucks, thinking of what could go wrong. She was just really overthinking, not knowing to expect after a whole year without seeing each other.

 

 

She took the final step into the coffee shop. Looking around, she didn't see him there yet. She looked at her watch, it was 5 minutes until 2:00, the time they decided on. Oh, how what a coincidence. After deciding on what to drink, she ordered an iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel. 

 

 

The barista finished her drink and she thanked him for it. She sat down next to the window, waiting for his presence. A girl recognized her and asked for a picture, she gladly said yes. 

 

 

It felt good to be famous in her home country. She missed America so much. She missed her parents, as they moved back to the States after her sister debuted with f(x). 

 

 

As she was lost in thought, she didn't notice who sat down across from her. 

 

 

"Hi Jessica.” A voice said in English.

 

 

Thanks to her realization, she snapped out of it and widened her eyes. 

 

 

"Hi Jay.”

 

 

There he was, the so called love of her life was in front of her. He looked the same, well with the same hairstyle and everything. But something was different about him, he looked brighter, happier. Definitely did not have the stressed out, sleep deprived, usual K-pop star had. 

 

 

He looked genuinely happy. 

 

 

“Wow, it’s been a while,” he started to say.

 

 

“One year exactly, next Tuesday..” Jessica interrupted. Such a Gatsby thing for her to say. But it was true, and it was easy to remember.

 

 

Jay chucked and folded his arms. He leaned back into his chair and took a good look at her. “You look different, Jessica.”

 

 

“Me? No,” she smiled, “you do. You look much happier.”

 

 

Another smile overcame his lips. “Well, at this exact moment, I’m the happiest I’ve been in a while.” He couldn’t believe it, he wouldn’t have guessed that he’d be able to see her just a year after his departure. 

 

 

A coy smile came upon Jessica. “And why is that?”

 

 

“Because I’m L.A.” He said, “Oh, and of course, since you’re here with me.”

 

 

Jessica blushed, and shyly looked down. This was a good idea. She thought to herself. Even heaven knew why.

 

 

 

 

Back at the hotel, three girls laid down on their backs with their heads hanging upside down on the edge of the bed.

 

 

“What can we do today?” Yoona sighed, then puffing her cheeks out. 

 

 

“Disneyland!” Tiffany shouted, instantly getting up, her excitement got to her.

 

 

The other two laughed at her eagerness. “Unnie, we have a dinner tonight.. How about Disneyland tomorrow?” Yoona smiled, as Tiffany gloomily sat back down on the bed.

 

 

“Fine.. Okay, how about we do some shopping on Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills?” she suggested. The girls did love shopping. 

 

 

“YES!” The two look-alikes said in unison. 

 

 

After the three got ready, a knock was heard at the door. 

 

 

“Not it!” Yuri and Tiffany yelled instantly, not wanting to get up from putting their makeup on.

 

 

Yoona, being done with her makeup, but wasn’t done changing yet, put on a robe and answered the door. 

 

 

To her surprise, it was Donghae. Dressed with black skinny jeans, a band t-shirt that fit his perfectly sculpted body. She widened her eyes at the sight of him, and blushed for secretly checking him out. “Whoa, hey there oppa! Wasn’t expecting you. Sorry, I’m not done with getting dressed. Did you need something?”

 

 

“Yes,” he smirked at her, “you.”

 

 

She raised her eyebrows, and laughed. “For what?” 

 

 

“Spend the day with me, please..” he pleaded, trying to act cute, and succeeded. 

 

 

Yoona thought about it for a few seconds. “Really?”

 

 

He nodded, “Yes! Come on, I’ll treat you out to some lunch.”

 

 

With food in the offer, she grinned. “Okay, uh.. Wait here. Give me like a minute or two!” And with that, she closed the door and ran back inside.

 

 

“Girls, I think I have to do a raincheck with our shopping day..” she slowly said.

 

 

Yuri and Tiffany looked her skeptically, wondering what was going on. “Why? And who was at the door?” Yuri asked, still squinting her eyes.

 

 

Oddly enough, Yoona nervously laughed and scratched the back of her neck. “It was Donghae oppa.. He wants me to spend the day with him.” 

 

 

The two older ones smirked. “I betted on them two,” Tiffany grinned.

 

 

“What?” Yoona asked with confusion in her voice as she was getting dress. She wore a black skater skirt with a white sleeveless chiffon top with some black mary jane flats.

 

 

Tiffany laughed, “Nothing. Go have fun, Yoongie! See you tonight!” She literally pushed her out the door. 

 

 

As she successfully got her out of the room, her and Yuri screamed out of joy. 

 

 

“YES!” They clapped their hands and were happy with the outcome.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter