Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

BGM : Overwhelmed - B1A4

 

 

 

Can I fall in love with him just because of his warm smiles?

 

 

Can I fall in love with him just because he cares about me?

 

 

 

Can I fall in love with my own best friend just because of how he treats me so specially?

 

 

 

 

 

Can I…fall in love with Dujun?

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘…’

 

Yoseob slowly opens the classroom door and closes it after he steps inside the room. He frowns a bit when the knob that is always locked and he always has to get the keys from the janitor to open it is not locked today. But he just thinks that the teacher might forgot to lock it yesterday, or maybe someone has beaten his first student to arrive place this morning.

 

“Hi”

 

A familiar voice comes from a corner of the classroom. Yoseob didn’t look up. He didn’t answer. But it’s all because he knows who it is.

 

“H…hello…Dujun”

 

He just nods and walks to his desk at the other side of the room. It’s not like he doesn’t like Dujun or anything. He’s just…not so socialized.

 

“You really come to school before everyone.”

“Well…I guess not today.”

 

Yoseob answers lightly. He doesn’t want to look up and meet Dujun’s eyes that are looking towards him. He’s not used to being recognized by someone, especially someone all famous and friendly like Yoon Dujun, no way.

 

“Don’t you wanna know how could I find out?”

“…”

“I asked one of my friends why you don’t have so many friend.”

“…”

“He told me that you don’t talk to someone first. You always eat lunch alone, and work alone. And you come to school so early in the morning, but go home right after school end.”

“…”

“So I want to come and see it myself.”

“Why would you care?”

“Huh?”

 

Dujun raises his eyebrows as he hears the first full sentence coming out from Yoseob’s mouth. The little boy who doesn’t look like a middle school student at all is looking up at him with a defensive eye. His body’s trembling with fear that Dujun would hurt him. And somehow, while other people don’t understand him, Dujun seems to know the reason why he’s doing this.

 

“It’s because I heard about what happened to you when you were…younger”

“N…no…please.”

 

Yoseob looks away, with two arms holding onto himself. The pictures of himself being hit by other boys come up in his head again after a long while.

 

Yes, the reason why he doesn't talk to anyone is because he used to trust someone and got betrayed. He once was a noemal boy. He had so many friends. But one day, the closest friend he thought he could ever had took him behind the school, where there were eight to nine boys waiting to steal his money and beat him up.

 

It was like that almost eveyday, until it became his habit. And he was just too scared to tell his parents.

 

It was like that until that day...

 

When someone came and rescued him.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to mention it.”

 

He comes back to his senses again after Dujun says something. 

 

“I just…”

“!!”

 

Yoseob jumps with all his body as soon as Dujun touches his arm. He closes his eyes so tight that they hurt, and digs his finger nails in his skin deeper and deeper. Dujun pulls his hands back, and places them on Yoseob’s hands slowly, grabbing them and stopping Yoseob from hurting himself any further.

 

“I just want to be your friend.”

“…what?”

“I want to get to know you and get closer with you.”

“Why me? We never even talk…”

“Because you look like someone I want to protect.”

 

Dujun smiles as he puts his hand on Yoseob’s head. This time, Yoseob doesn’t resist.

 

“Could you open up your mind, and let me be your friend?”

“I…I…”

“Don’t be worried. I will never hurt my friend.”

 

Yoseob hesitates for few more minutes, before nodding not so surely. Dujun pats the smaller’s boy hair gently, and pulls his body in for a hug.

 

“A..ah”

 

Yoseob whimpers when Dujun suddenly loosens the hug and pulls his body closer again.

 

This time it wasn’t just a hug.

 

A kiss...

 

“M…mm!! Hm…”

 

The smaller boy’s body starts to tremble so hardly again. Two big eyes were opened widely with shock as Dujun’s lips caress his lips gently but also sweetly.

 

It was great. It was heart fluttering. It was so sweet and warm with love that Yoseob hasn’t felt for years.

 

But why…? How could it be love since they just met. How could it be love if they are friends?

 

“Don’t be scared. I said I won’t hurt you, and I mean it.”

 

Dujun speaks between their kiss and then presses his lips onto Yoseob’s soft flesh again. The lips are wet with tears, but it’s just too sweet and addictive that Dujun can’t stop himself. Dujun  reaches his tpngue for the smaller boy’s. Yoseob resists and tries to moves away at first, but Dujun’s strong arms that hold the hug so tightly and the passionate kiss is too hard to resist for long.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you scared.”

 

Dujun whispers with a smile after he lets Yoseob go from his embrace at last. Yoseob looks down at the floor, wishing that someone would come into the classroom very soon because his heart can’t stand this anymore.

 

“I know it’s ridiculous…but…”

“…”

“You’re just so adorable that I want to kiss you.”

“…”

“You don’t mind, right?”

 

Yoseob shakes his head a few times. He didn’t even really understand Dujun asked him. He just wants Dujun to stop before he would die from a heart attack.

 

“Then…”

 

Dujun grabs his hand while pulling him in for another hug. This time the hug was light and loose, but somehow it’s still heart-warming.

 

“Nice to meet you, Yoseob-ah”

 

 

 

 

And that’s how they became friend. Until now, three years later, even though Yoseob didn’t think his friendship with Dujun would last, it somehow survives.

 

Dujun unbelievably changed all of his life. He became a lot happier. He has more friends now than ever before. He can smile to strangers, and that terrible memories don’t haunt him anymore.

 

Everything is all great. He is more than happy.

 

But lately…a weird feeling always comes on his mind…

 

 

 

“…”

 

Yoseob hums along to the songs in his earphones as he looks for a bus that would come soon. He sighs and looks down on his mobile phone’s screen.

 

Incoming text from Dujun (11)

 

He bites his lower lip, hesitating between reading them or just leaving them hanging.

 

He was supposed to go hang out with Dujun after school tonight, since it’s a students' movie tickets price night, but he just doesn’t feel like going.

 

Lately, when he talks to Dujun even just sees Dujun walking by, his heartbeat just gets faster and faster until it’s out of his control. He can’t say a word when Dujun is by his side, since his heartbeats suffocate him too much that his voice wouldn’t come out.

 

What happened to him..?

 

“Huh…fine”

 

A plump finger finally unlocks the screen and presses on the ‘message’ button. Yoseob looks up for the bus and makes sure that it’s not coming, then looks down and reads the texts.

 

‘I’m sorry I keep you waiting. The class just finished. Jeez..Mr. Jang’

 

‘I’m at your classroom now.’

 

‘Where are you?’

 

‘Yang Yoseob~ Don’t you hide from me!! I give up!! Come out now.’

 

‘Yah…Where are you?’

 

‘Yoseob-ah’

 

‘Are you ok? Did something happen?’

 

‘This is not funny, Yoseob-ah. Where the did you go?’

 

‘Can you please answer me?’

 

‘Just say something.’

 

‘Please. I’m worried to death right now…’

 

Yoseob lets out a shaky breath. How could he leave Dujun if he is always so caring? He thinks of something to answer, and then starts to type and sends the text to Dujun.

 

‘I’m fine. I’m just tired and I want to go home and rest. Sorry I didn’t tell you.’

 

And just like always, he never has to wait so long for Dujun to text back.

 

Incoming  text from Dujun

 

‘It’s fine Yoseob-ah. Don’t worry. Go home and sleep, ok? Tell me when you get home and call me immediately if something happened.’

 

Again, his heart pounds his chest like it’s going to explode. Why does Dujun have such a power to control his body more than he has?

 

Yoseob just replies ‘Ok’ with a smiley face. He puts his phone away and turns the song louder as if it would help him feel better. But it never does.

 

 

 

 

‘Ring~’

 

‘Ring~ Ring~’

 

His cellphone’s ringtone comes from somewhere on his messy desk. Yoseob, who has been lying on the bed, unable to sleep for an hour since he can’t erase Dujun’s face out of his mind, and his heart just won’t slow down to let him rest, slowly gets up and walks to the desk to pick up the call.

 

“Hello..”

(Yoseob-ah are you home?)

“U…um”

(God…that’s good)

“Why?”

(You didn’t text me when you got home…so I’m worried.)

 

Ba-thump…Ba-thump

 

“I’m fine…I just went right to sleep when I arrived. Maybe I forgot…sorry.”

(No No No worries. I just want to make sure that you’re ok.)

“Um…thank you…And how can you call me? Aren’t you guys at the cinema?”

(Oh…nah~ I’m home now.)

“What? Why?”

 

Yoseob slowly walks to his bathroom to wash his face up a bit. Cold water always help cool down emotions doesn’t it?

 

(Well…I don’t see a point of going out for a movie when you’re not coming with me anyway)

“But what about the other guys?”

( What other guys?)

 

Yoseob stops what he

Please log in to read the full chapter