final

In 10 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo sits impatiently in the large conference room of SM Entertainment, his knee hitting the table as he fidgets nervously. It’s nearing lunch time and he’s still there to sit through a meeting concerning the newest idol group that the company is producing. He never really liked the meetings, preferring to be in the recording room or the practice with the rest of EXO or the trainees that he is in charge of.

Six years after the completion of his military duties, he and the rest of EXO remained as a group but each member has their own careers aside from being a part of the famous idol group. They delved into different professions related to show business, some went into acting, producing and even made a company of their own. Kyungsoo decided to become a trainer for SM Entertainment and helped in creating super idols just like them.

“Okay, their tentative debut is three months from now and I expect every one of you to help the kids become the stars that they are. We’ll have another meeting by the end of the week to see the progress and to know what else we should do to make this debut perfect. Meeting adjourned. Enjoy the rest of the day.” The smiley-faced man wearing casual clothes and black and stylishly rimmed glasses says, signaling the end of Kyungsoo’s suffering. He really wants to go home, eat and rest a little. The past week has been hectic and he desperately needs a break.

Kyungsoo quickly collects his things and shoves them in his messenger bag, not minding that some important papers might get crumpled. “You could’ve at least looked interested during the meeting.”A voice that Kyungsoo knows all too well suddenlt breaks the silence. Kyungsoo snickers and looks up with tired eyes. “Junmyeon hyung, do I look like someone interested in anything other than going home right now?”

 

Junmyeon smiles and pats his back. “Fine, I know you worked hard and you deserve the break. Go home. Say hello to Yejin for Jonghyuk for me.” He goes at the door and heads to his office, leaving Kyungsoo smiling to himself at the mention of his wife and son.

 

Unlike what fangirls expected, Kyungsoo is the member of EXO who got married first, tying the knot with his secret girlfriend during the peak of their idol careers. No one suspected that sweet and innocent Kyungsoo was having a serious relationship during that time, to a fangirl too.

 

When he completed his military service, he announced that he was getting married. Many fans were against it, but Kyungsoo was determined to marry the girl that captured his heart. After all, his family, friends and the whole company already knows his relationship with Yejin and they approve of it. Eventually, the fans accepted it and were even happy for him and his wife. Two years after that, his son was born and he decided to take a break from the idol world to focus on his family. EXO halted their group promotions and focused on their individual careers while waiting for Sehun to finish his military duties. After his release, they continued with their promotions and even after all the years that have passed, their popularity never ceased.

Now, his son is turning 3 and his wife is expecting another child to add to their growing family. In less than a month, he’s going to be a father again.

He stops by the training room to check up on his trainees and sees Kai and Sehun with the kids, all sweaty and tired-looking as they practiced the complicated choreography for their debut album.

“Hey.” He greets simply and the two members halted their practice. “Okay kids, rest for a while and we’ll continue this later.” Sehun says while grabbing a water bottle on the floor. The kids gratefully nodded their heads and greeted Kyungsoo before heading out to the vending machine outside for some fizzy drinks, cackling happily when Kai warns them not to drink those fizzy drinks. “They never listen to me.” He says sadly, body sprawled on the floor and ignoring the looks of disgust he gets from the other two.

“That’s because you’re easy, I don’t think they even respect you anymore. And oh, can you get up? The floor is filthy and I don’t want you getting sick and leaving me here to train all those brats.” Sehun says.

Kyungsoo shakes his head because these two never changed at all, still arguing about anything and everything. “Jongin you really have to get off the floor now, I can practically see the germs crawling over your body. It’s disgusting.”  

 

“Shut up, I’m tired. By the way, why are you still here? I thought Junmyeon hyung dismissed you early. Shouldn’t you be with Yejin right now?”

 

“Yeah, I’m heading out now actually. I just stopped by to check on you guys. You never know when the kids will abandon your sorry asses for being incompetent children—” Kyungsoo’s sarcastic comeback got put on hold when his phone started ringing. No on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter