Side Story

Winter Fantasy

Hi guys, I'm back! And as I had promised on twitter, I'm posting a title on Saturday the least.

 

Sorry for the lack of adjustment for your eyes, but I'm writing it with my phone and not with my laptop, so I can't edit the paragraph and such. 

 

But here we go, a sweet nothing :)

Enjoy and be sure to leave a response.

 

***

 

The severe cough brought her back from dream world. She stirred up and waited some moments more only to be greeted by another cough attack. Indeed the light flu was the ugliest at this hour.

 

She turned to her side, hand was reaching out to her phone on the side table. Once she held the phone in her hand, the petite lady pressed the button on its right side to see the time. It was 5 a.m. No wonder the house was still still, and the sun was not trying to pierce through her window yet. She placed it back, but this time she laid it on the bed beside her pillow.

 

She was about to close her eyes when a series of severe cough attacked again. It took no compromise that it made her curled her body into a ball. Sighing after the tiresome fit, her hand reached out for the plushie red bear Sungmin bought for her and hugged it tight.

 

When the tiny lady clad in an oversize tshirt was turning her body to her side, trying to get back to sleep, a strange sound was coming from outside her small balcony. She heard an oomph and the rustle of vines which weaved their ways on the wall outside her house.

 

She sharpened her hearing, trying to listen to a few more hint of that suspicious sound while her heart was thumping madly. Was that a burglar? Where was the securities? What should she do?

 

Someone outside was hopping into her balcony, and she could hear the sound of two feet thudded against the wood board as it landed. Sunny hastily jumped off her bed and dashed to the door. However, before she was able to turn the knob, the glass patio door cracked open. As usual she never locked it for she never thought that somebody would and could climb to her balcony at her parents' home on second floor.

 

The tiny girl's chest heaved heavily up and down. It was beating erratically. She was ready to scream her lungs out before a scene appeared on her mind. A deja vu. No, not a deja vu. This situation really happened before.

 

"... O-oppa?"

 

She called out, hoping the suspicious figure who was just outside her patio door would turn to be the one person in her mind.

 

"Eh? Why aren't you sleeping?" the gentle tenor voice greeted her, along with the door swung opened. The guy of a familiar built walked in.

 

Once she saw him, Sunny bolted right into him.

 

"Yah! Bunny! Yah! Stop! What's wrong with you? Stop it!"

 

"Yah! You dare to give shout 'yah' to me? Don't you know how frightened I am?! I thought you were a burglar!" She continued to hit him with her small fists.

 

"Sorry. Hey, Bunny, I'm sorry. Hey," the bulky guy caught her wrists and pulled his girlfriend into a hug. "Hey, I'm sorry. I don't mean to."

 

"Yah! Do you wish to see me die out of heart attack?!" The short girl still struggled out of his hold.

 

"Ah, bunny..."

 

"Yah! Don't use that aegyo voice to me! Don't you remember your age?"

 

"Then stop struggling," he commanded while tightening his hold around her back. "I miss you. Don't you miss me?"

 

The girl sighed when she heard his pleading words. She raised her arms to finally hug him back.

 

"I miss you too. But you should better use the front door rather than climbing up my window. How did you do it again i wonder?"

 

Sungmin chuckled. "It's too early. I don't want to disturb your family."

 

He let go of his hug and led her to her balcony. "You see those vines. I hold on to it while climbing the brick wall. Does that make me like Romeo who comes to his Juliet?"

 

"Tch... So full of yourself. Dream on, Oppa. You're never as romantic as him anyway."

 

"Hey, don't you remember our trip? It was just three weeks ago," he protested.

 

"Tch. Three weeks and there was no contact from you."

 

"Hey, I called you before I flew to Taiwan!" He rebutted.

 

"Then where were you before? And why didn't you call me anymore after that?" The petite lady pouted.

 

Sungmin turned quiet for some moment.

 

"It's unlike you, " he started. "You never sweat for petty stuff like this."

 

Sunny didn't answer.

 

"Is it because you feel unwell that you get sensitive like now? And while being so clingy at the same time?" Sungmin smiled while one arm held her shoulder tighter than before and the other one caressed her thin arm which was s around his waist all those time, pointing out her tenacious behavior . "I might not get in touch with you, but I just happen to know."

 

"Yah! That makes me even annoyed. Whom did you ask for update, huh? My members? Your manager hyung? My manager oppa? If you have time to ask them, why don't you ask me directly?"

 

Sungmin smiled. He lowered his head to give her a kiss on her rosy cheek, "I'm sorry. You guessed it right. I asked my manager hyung and Fany to update me on you before I went. I'm sorry, okay? It's my bad. I'm at fault here. But I don't want to make you feel like a convict by having you reporting your daily activities. Besides, if it's not for Fany, I wouldn't know that you are sick. I know you won't tell me because you don't want to make me worry about you."

 

Upon hearing the explanation, the girlfriend went silent.

 

"See? I know you," Sungmin smiled again, intentionally bumping their hips. It hit her waist though, given that the guy was taller and the girl was much shorter, especially without her heels on.

 

"Now, cheer up will you? I barely have the chance to visit you. This is my only free time I have to fly to Taiwan again later tonight."

 

"Should you?" she asked timidly and that made Sungmin laughed.

 

"I'd rather be here with you if I can," he answered, all the while observing the changed expression on his girlfriend's face.

 

He chuckled when he saw her lips puckered for the umpteenth time that dawn.

 

"Aren't you afraid that your lips stay puckered forever?" he teased. "Or you should use it for a better purpose. This, for instance."

 

He bent down again to steal a quick kiss on her burning lips.

 

Sunny hit him on his side, "Yah! I'm sick. You may catch the virus."

 

"I don't care," he grinned. "By the way, let's get you under the cover. It's rather cold here. Don't you turn on the heater?"

 

"I did. But I like this temperature better."

 

"When will you get better then? Get inside, I'm going to raise the temperature," he ordered while holding up the cover so she could crawl inside. The bulky guy then strode over to where the remote control was hung.

 

"Yah... You set 18 degrees," he fussed as he fiddled with the button on that small device.

 

Sunny hugged her folded legs and put her chin on her knees. She observed the guy she missed so much for the past weeks, watching him being fussy over little things, going around her room, pouring her a glass of water when he saw it empty. A happy line formed on her lips unconsciously.

 

"Is there anything funny?" he asked.

 

"Eh? No," she abruptly answered, making a lump of air caught in . It was already itchy, so she had a coughing fit again.

 

"Aigoo... See? This is why you shouldn't set it to 18," Sungmin said. He came to her side and patted her back, soothing her.

 

"Here, drink it," the guy with velvety voice shoved the glass of water he put on her bedside table before.

 

Sunny took a small gulp before saying, "Why are you being so fussy today? Just like an old lady."

 

"Don't you feel familiar somehow?" he stared at her.

 

She stared back at him. "You mean?"

 

"I'm just copying your behavior when you watch over me every time I'm sick."

 

"Yah! You mean I'm the old lady here?!" she protested while giving him a good smack on his upper arm.

 

Sungmin rubbed the spot where he was hit. "Aish... Now I'm getting wary about my future."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I think my future wife will hit me every day. She even started to 'yah' me every now and then, and she is just a candidate."

 

Sunny was left speechless for a moment. Her cheeks went even rosier than before and she could feel the warmth spread on her face. But that was before she realized something.

 

"Yah! A candidate?!" She turned her head and yelled.

 

Sungmin quickly covered his ear. "Hey, do you want to have your future husband deaf?"

 

"A candidate, you mean?" She corrected. She smirked at the payback.

 

Sungmin blinked before he finally dawned on the comprehension. "Not candidate. It's definite."

 

Sunny snorted, "Tch. How sure you are?"

 

"As sure as you can't escape this." With that, he side-hugged Sunny before tackling her on to the springy bed and showering her with kisses on whatever spot on her face he could kiss.

 

"Opwa, swop ip," her words came out mumbled for Sungmin was nibbling on her lower lips.

 

Sungmin shook his head slightly. "I don't want to. Don't you know how much I miss you?" He said in between the tugs.

 

They struggled some moments more before the petite lady found a chance to broke free of his kiss and pushed him apart with all her might. Both her hands were on his chest.

 

"You may catch the virus too," she said while sternly looking into his eyes. "You have a packed schedule from tomorrow onwards."

 

"I'm trying to find a legitimate excuse to run away from it though." He'd dived back to reclaim her lips.

 

"Kiddie," Sunny grumbled, but she this time she gave in and let him do as he pleased. She understood his frustration as it mirrored hers.

 

Without releasing her lips, Sungmin grabbed a pillow and placed it under Sunny's head. He took another one and stuffed it under her head again so her body was under a comfortable raise, all the while supporting her upper body and without braking the kiss. That got Sunny to chuckle.

 

"Why are you laughing?" He asked in between the kiss.

 

"Do you miss me that much that you don't intend to let go of my lips?" The question came out choppy since she breathed out the phrases whenever possible.

 

Sungmin replied back with a nod. He kissed her more eagerly then before, leaving the lips when it got too tender and red and slightly swollen. He moved down to shower kisses on her jaw and neck. Sunny started to get really comfortable when her boyfriend abruptly stop.

 

"Ah, why do you stop?!" She whined at the absence of the assault. 

 

"Yah, where is your necklace?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"The necklace I gave you. Why don't you wear it?

 

"Um... I..." Sunny disentangled herself from Sungmin. She shifted her sitting posture under her bulky boyfriend.

 

"Don't tell me you were upset that I contacted you less and you took it off? Again? For the umpteenth time?"

 

Sunny said no words. She was just starring at her fingers which were fiddling with the black cotton tshirt he was wearing.

 

"Yah! Will you stop doing that? What if you lose it again like the ring I gave you?"

 

"Oppa, why do you have to bring it up? I said sorry already. I even repented the way you asked me to..."

 

"Tsk," Sungmin clicked his tongue before moving over her and got out of the bed.

 

"Oppa, where are you going?"

 

"Bathroom," he answered nonchalantly.

 

Sunny wrinkled her nose, her lips pouting. She folded her arms in front of her chest.

 

"Ish. Party pooper. He's such a turn off and I don't even lose the necklace," she grumbled.

 

Sungmin caught her low muttering and smirked to himself while entering the personal bathroom inside her bedroom.

 

Within minutes, he came out and went to her vanity table where she kept a large jug of mineral water for refill. He took one empty glass, filled it in and drank it empty in one big gulp. After that the bulky guy turned around and headed for the petite lady on her bed.

 

"Oppa, are you still angry? I don't lose it, really. I keep it in a safe place. I'm planning to wear it again though since I no longer resent you," she pleaded. "I can show you if you don't trust me."

 

Sungmin stared at her. He shrugged his shoulders before plopping down on her bed. Leaning his back onto the head of the bed, the now rather beefy guy watching his tiny girlfriend scrambled out the bed and headed to the white vanity table on one side of the room. She pulled open the drawer and took out a small wooden box in pale pink color.

 

"I keep it here, Oppa." She pronounced as she was turning to face him. The shoulder-lenght hair lady opened the box to show him. "See?"

 

Sungmin stared into the box as his girlfriend came closer. He shifted his gaze to Sunny, his expression questioning.

 

"What do you want me to see?" He asked.

 

"The necklace. It's he- Eh?!!" Sunny's eyes were about to glide out of its sockets when she found the box empty.

 

"I see. You lost it, didn't you?"

 

"I do not," she defended. "I'm sure I put it here."

 

She dashed back to the drawer and rummaged it to find the necklace with heart shaped pendant that she cherished so much. All the while she kept muttering to herself, 'Where is it? Where is it?'. And when she still could't find the precious item, she moved to where her handbag was, trying to search for it there.

 

"Sunny-ah," Sungmin called but Sunny didn't heed it.

 

"Sunny-ah." Still no response.

 

"Soonkyu-ya, just come here first!" He commanded.

 

She stopped the search, her heels and walked gloomily towards the bed. Her head hung low.

 

"Sit," Sungmin ordered and Sunny complied. She sat across him on the bed. "This is exactly why I don't want you to put off that necklace so easily just because you are mad at me. The same thing happened with the ring I gave you. We don't have many couple items since we promised to keep things really low about us. These two items are precious to us, yet you lost one. And now you lose the other one?"

 

"I-I'm sorry, Oppa." That was the only reply came out of her plump lips.

 

"Besides, don't you know how I feel every time I know that you take it of because you are mad at me? I feel like I am the one discarded."

 

"Oppa, I don't mean that way."

 

"Then don't do it anymore. I need you to stick around. And not only physically but mentally."

 

"I am doing it. We've been doing it since 5 years ago."

 

"I know. But I need you to do it constantly, not as something that you can turn on and off when some thing's bad happening. Don't walk away."

 

"Nobody is walking away, Oppa. Not me and not you. Me taking off the necklace has nothing to do with my commitment about our relationship. I love you and it won't change no matter how much you annoyed me."

 

Sungmin smiled. "Good to know. Let me be honest with you, I feel insecure a little."

 

"And why is that?"

 

"I'm afraid that you are fed up with all this. You know, it feels like we are going nowhere with this relationship. I feel like I haven't been able to make you happy, being busy and all. I do realize that I neglect you many times."

 

Sunny took his wide hand in hers. "Don't be silly, Oppa. I fully understand. Good things that we are working in the same field. Besides, I am contented enough with this. I don't need grand things. It's the little things that take up the most rooms in one's heart, remember?"

 

"You're right," Sungmin smiled as he was reaching out to hold Sunny by her nape and pulled her closer for a hug. "Thank you for being with me. You are the best thing ever happened in my life."

 

Sunny smiled into his wide and cushy chest. It was small skinship like such which enabled her to stay with him all these times. 

 

Sungmin pulled apart before he dove down to claim her lips tenderly. It was the familiar hugs, the comfortable touches, the soothing kisses they shared that made her fall for him again and again.

 

She unconsciously raised her hand to touch her necklace. One thing that made her felt belonged. However, its absence made her came to her senses. She abruptly extricated herself from him.

 

"But what am I to do with the necklace? I'm sure that I put it in that box."

 

"Don't mind," he said simply as he cupped her cheeks and drew near once again.

 

Yet the small but strong girl pushed him again, "Yah! You fussed about it a lot. Besides, I don't want to lose it either."

 

"We have a more important agenda here," Sungmin hummed right on her ear as he pushed his girlfriend down on the bed.

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Shush," he silenced him with another kiss, while his fingers were tracing her jaw line and down her collarbone. 

 

It was when Sunny felt something cold around her neck. She reached out without breaking their kiss. It was the familiar heart shaped metal, one she was searching frantically just then.

 

"Oppa, wait," she mumbled through the kiss. "My necklace?"

 

Sungmin pulled apart and supported his weight with his arms so he didn't crush the tiny lady. A playful smirk formed on his lips.

 

"Ah, seriously, Oppa. You're so annoying. I thought I really lost it. Why is it with you?" she inquired.

 

"I took it after I came out of the bathroom," he confessed.

 

"How do you know I keep the necklace there?"

 

"How long have we been together that I don't know little things about you?" He asked rhetorically.

 

Sunny stared at him, her expression was unreadable.

 

"Ah, I'm too annoyed, I don't want to wear it," the aegyo expertise was trying to take it off.

 

"Yah, don't! You promised to never take it off again," Sungmin was trying to stop her.

 

"I never did."

 

"You did."

 

I never did."

 

"You did. Now stop trying," Sungmin commanded as he held two of her wrist down and threw himself on her, making the latter to oomph loudly for the sudden weight on her body. He buried her under his big embrace then. "We still have two more hours until eight. Let's sleep."

 

"Sleep? I think you have a more important agenda besides sleeping?" She muffled sarcastically into his broad chest.

 

"And that is sleeping," he stated with a mock innocence. "Don't tell me that you have naughty ideas that cute brain of yours?"

 

"Yah! I didn't!" She defended herself.

 

"I know you did. You want it? Remember I told you to never be ashamed to ask for it?" He teased.

 

"I said I didn't! Ish, you're being annoying again," Sunny grumbled. Her already hot face felt even hotter.

 

Sungmin chuckled. He lowered his head to kiss her crown. "Easy there, sweetheart. We can do it another time. I don't want to take advantage from a patient. Now sleep."

 

Sunny smiled upon hearing it. "I love you, Oppa," she professed.

 

"I love you too, to the moon and back," he replied as he was pulling the cover up and tightened his embrace under the blanket.

 

Sunny chuckled. She pushed him lightly, "Yah, cheesy!"

 

"That's my hidden charm, and only you know it."

 

"I am flattered," Sunny said as she closed her eyes and smiled contentedly.

 

***