19: dissection from hell

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

nineteen: dissection from hell

[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

["His death was quick and mostly painless."] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Juyeon felt her stomach start convulsing, and she desperately attempted to stop it. The bags all shifted a little, as though something inside was struggling feebly.

"What are you doing just standing there, Juyeonie?" Kai asked cheerily, placing an arm around her shoulder. When she didn't immediately tell him to back off, Kai frowned in confusion and waved his hand in front of her face. "Helloooo?"

"The bags are moving," Juyeon said in a small voice.

"Uh, yeah. It's our specimens."

"I thought … I hoped you were all just joking when you said they were alive."

Kai bent down until he was almost face level with her. "Uh, you okay, sweetheart? You're turning a little green."

"Then back away before I vomit all over you," Juyeon snapped desperately (because she really felt like she would). Kai moved away so fast he might have teleported.

"Well, what are you going to do?" Kai asked with a shrug, trying to collect his dignity. "Terror won't let you drop out, she's too much of a psychopath." He paused to make sure she wasn't listening, then kept on talking. "Aren't you one of those studious bookworms who thinks anything below a ninety-five percent is a failure in life?"

"Stop generalizing me, jackass!" Juyeon growled, then added, "And below ninety-five is a failure. What good university would give out scholarships to someone with a below ninety-five average?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Whoops, you got me. So what are you going to do, sweetcheeks?"

Juyeon looked back at the shivering bags. "First of all, I hate you. Second of all, I … I'll do what I can. Maybe I can put it out of its misery before the dissection." She couldn't afford to get the teachers to hate her any more than they already did. Terror was practically itching to find an excuse to use her as the class' next dissection, and she wasn't sure if Donovan's orders for her safety translated as nicely to staff members.

The students paired up into groups of three or four. Once again, Kai, Chanyeol and D.O moved into a group with her. Juyeon wondered if they honestly preferred her as a group member or if they were just too lazy to move anywhere else. Without a proper science room with sinks and counters, they were forced to drag in squeaky fold-up tables on wheels as makeshift operating spaces.

"Alright!" Chanyeol announced, slamming the bag down onto the table and causing both Juyeon and D.O to wince horribly. "We have a queasy girl and an animal softie on our squad, so let's make this quick."

"Who're you calling queasy?" Juyeon said, affronted. "I've dissected fetal pigs and frogs before." Then again, those were long dead.

Chanyeol grinned at her. "Yeah, well, right now your face is probably the same colour as this frog. Sooo …"

"Doctor Yeol, sir," Kai said with a fake professional tone. "I suggest we get this done as fast as possible before the darling hurls her stomach lining out. What are your ideas?"

Chanyeol pulled on latex gloves with a loud snap, a terrifyingly crazy smile on his face. "My answer to that, Doctor Kai, is the only logical one our team has. We take it out of its misery by cutting it open and ripping out all the organs in one go."

"Oh my god," Juyeon groaned, clapping her hand over . Her vision began to spin like a pinwheel and she felt the world bend this way and that.

"I was just joking, calm down," Chanyeol said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter