I

Fly High!

I. Meahri and Colin

 

She sat there, fidgeting to chase away the butterflies that fluttered in the pit of her stomach.

Even though she'd been an actress since, well...forever, she never expected to be near this place.

But, here she was, standing in an entertainment industry building that wasn't her own.

And it was huge.

My gosh, she thought as she glanced around open-mouthed. This place is big enough for someone to get lost.

"It is, isn't it?"

She jumped from her plush-cushion seat, wide-eyed. Had she said those words out loud?

"Yes, you did," answered a nostalgically familiar voice, sparkling with hints of laughter. "Come on, Meahri. Stop mumbling to yourself and turn around."

The breath stopped in , and the bright, soft-winged butterflies in her stomach suddenly transformed into wildfire. Before she could stop herself, a giddy grin had made its way up to her face, and she let out a very unladylike squeal.

"Colin!!"

 

"You haven't changed at all, Meahri," Jonghyun sighed. The girl pouted, crossing her arms with mock-annoyance.

"Honestly, Colin, is that all you can say to me?"

Jonghyun laughed again, instinctively reaching to pat her dark curls. "I'm kidding. Welcome to FNC Entertainment."

"Aren't you going to give me a hug?"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, mimicking her mock-annoyance. "You're asking for so much, you know that, Meahri?"

"Shut up, Colin," Jinyi retorted, wrapping her arms around his torso and pulling him into a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I believe that has already been established. Just don't try to squish the life out of me, okay?"

"Yah!!"

She was just about to lift a hand to slap him when another pair of arms wrapped around her shoulders.

 

If it was any other guy, Jonghyun knew that he would've hated him on sight.

But the arms that held a slightly-surprised Jinyi belonged to none other than his bandmate, Minhyuk.

"Omo, Minhyuk-ssi!" the actress exhaled. "You scared me to death!"

The boy responded to her surprise with cute attitude. "Heh, sorry, noona. After I watched Gentleman's Dignity, I really wanted to meet you!"

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, a skeptical expression etched on his face.

"Who told you that you could drop formalities?" he wanted to know. Minhyuk stood there with an adorable yet deeply pondering face, not saying a word for the next five minutes.

His seriousness was what made it comical.

Finally, he shrugged. "Actually, I don't know. " He turned to Jinyi. "Do you mind if I call you noona?"

She blinked. "Eh? No, of course not."

But before Minhyuk could hug her once more, another arm held him back.

"Minhyuk-hyung, you might want to stop hugging her," advised an extremely calm voice. "Otherwise, I don't think Jonghyun-hyung would let you survive through the day."

Jinyi glanced at Jonghyun with a face of curiosity. "Why's that? Collin, are you in a fight with Minhyukie?"

Jonghyun laughed nervously, feeling the blood rushing to his ears. "There's nothing going on, Meahri. Don't worry about it."

Jinyi pouted and sent a pleading look of curiosity towards the bass guitarist, but he responded with only a shake of his head.

"Sorry, Jinyi-ssi. Jonghyun-hyung would kill me as well if I told you."

With an inward sigh of disappointment, the enthusiastic actress dropped down into her plushie chair, letting her mind drift away as the three CNBLUE members continued their conversation.

What was this secret that Jonghyun didn't want to let her in on? It's not as if she'd wanted to nose around in his private life, but the curiosity was growing by the minute.

Colin, just what are you hiding from me?


Ah, finally updated!!! XD

Took me forever, but here it is.

Hope you enjoy it!!

-Black Rabbit