That Boy

The Toymaker: Pinnochio
Weekend clothes. Check. 
 
New School Uniform. Check. 
 
Money. Check. 
 
Map. Check. 
 
Cell Phone. Check.
 
iPod. Check. 
 
He smiled at all his belongings that he packed in his small backpack. As he was about to leave the door, he stopped for a moment. He looked around the dimly lit room for one last time. He was going to miss this place he called home when he left. He looked at the Toymaker, an elderly kind man, who had no living family members. His eyes softened at the sight of his creator. He stepped back until he was in front of the sleeping man. A tear fell on the note that was addressed to the Toymaker. 
 
The next second, he was gone. 
...... 
 
Jang Julie hummed a silly tune as she walked up the steps to her tiny home. Because she lived in Seoul, the home of buildings, just tall buildings, Julie lived in a tiny apartment in a tall building. 
 
"I'm home!" Julie yelled as she walked into the living room. 
 
"Hey, kiddo!" Julie's dad greeted her. 
 
"Honey, you shouldn't be out so late by yourself. Why didn't you come home with Chunji today?" Julie's mom asked. 
 
"I don't have to drag him ALL the way here just for him to get a glimpse of his face EVERYDAY," Julie said. "Besides, he's on a date with Baekhee today." 
 
Julie's mother gave a disapproving frown. She had seen that Baekhee girl and there was one word that described her perfectly: 
 
 
Given that Baekhee had slept with practically every male in Shila High, always wore her uniform shirt three buttons down, and got her skirt shortened at the tailor's every week, she was the perfect example of a . Chunji, the school's kingka and number one girl player. He had it all. Money, girls, looks; you name it, he's got it.  He was her target this week and it seemed that her plan had worked perfectly because she had him for herself tonight.
 
Chunji's parents are childhood friends of the Jangs, so naturally, they'd pair up their kids together. So Mrs. Jang was not happy when she heard this piece of news. 
 
Julie, on the other hand, could care less about who Chunji dated. As far as she knew, they were only classmates who just happened to first meet each other as fetuses because their parents were best friends. No big deal. They saw each other at school sometimes, and met at parent-arranged meetings. That was it. Aside from his family and his name, Julie could say that she knew nothing about that guy. Nothing. 
 
And she didn't care to learn more.
..... 
 
Chunji walked out of the club doors. He knew what Baekhee wanted: money and his body. But Chunji had met way too many girls like that and knew just what to do to get out of this situation. He used the old "I have to use the restroom. Wait right here." trick. Under the dim lights of the club, he was able to slip out the main doors while Baekhee was distracted by a B-Boy dance group, who were attracting a lot of attention in the club.
 
Chunji walked away from the club as fast as he could until he ran into someone. 
 
"Sorry," the guy said. 
 
The guy was dressed in the weirdest and geekiest clothes ever. Seriously, what teenager wore a plaid shirt over a T-shirt these days? And that hairstyle was way out of date. Who dressed this kid? His grandfather? If it really was his grandfather dressing him, it would explain the reason why this guy wore slacks instead of jeans. However, the clothes + the haircut definitely screamed weirdo. 
 
This guy definitely was not from here. Perhaps he was from the countryside? 
 
Anyway, Chunji stepped out of the guy's way and they walked in their separate directions. 
 
He was not getting a good vibe from this stranger. 
 
Chunji quickly hopped on his motorcycle and sped off. But where to? His parents would take his motorcycle, inheritance, and allowance if they found out that he was out late with a girl. 
 
*Or maybe if it wasn't that girl.* Chunji thought. 
 
A smile spread across his lips as he took the road away from his house. 
 
To another's. 
.....