Final

Ignite

It is no secret that the maknae of Bangtan Seon Yeondan has a thing for older girls. They exude a more mature air, and in his eyes, rock the y image better than younger girls by tenfold.

Yet, there is this obviously young girl who manages to catch his eye. She is the polar opposite of his “type,” and there’s nothing quite defining about her that sets her from the rest. The girl is petite; even wrapped up in a scarf from afar, Jungkook can tell he would tower over her. She stands alone, constantly shifting around in the cold air, and pushing her black-rimmed glasses up her small nose as she waits for the bus to arrive. When she breathes, her breath freezes in midair. Jungkook watches her shiver. 

Finally, after he gathers up his courage, the boy walks over to her, nudging the brim of his hat up in hopes that she will recognize him. And sure enough, after ten seconds of discreet glances and double takes, Jungkook sees the flash of familiarity light up her eyes. He even hears a gasp of amazement. 

“Aren’t... Aren’t you Jungkook?” She had her hands over now and the boy could even detect giddy excitement in her voice. He flashes the grin. The very one girls swoon over. Jungkook feigns surprise. 

“You know who I am?” To which the girl has no reply, seemingly speechless. 

“Of course!” She blurts after a moment of light silence. “I’m a huge fan of BTS.” 

Jungkook nods. “Awesome.” He opens his mouth to say more but the words die in his throat when a bus pulls up on the paved road beside them. 

The girl looks crestfallen. Jungkook bites lip, also, a bit disappointed. He turns to her quickly and begins to unravel the thick, red scarf from his neck. It's his favorie scarf. He shyly hands it to her and she takes it with a stunned face before making her way into the bus, waving all the way. 

A realization seemed to dawn upon Jungkook then. “Wait, what’s your name?” He cries just as the door whooshes to a close. The beautiful girl yells something back and the bus pulls away like time, uncaring and unyielding.

But it didn’t matter. Jungkook had caught what she said. Lily, He thinks. That was her name.

And just like that, his “type” changes. The Jungkook who liked noonas ignites and burns into ashes that scatters with the wind. That Jungkook was no more.

I hope I’ll get the chance to meet her again one day.

Little did he know, that that was just the first in long string of fated meetings. After all, they were destined to be together.


A/N: 

Bwahahahaha I'm sorry Lily. You were probably expecting more. akldfjalkjfldka I still hope you like it.

Happy birthday!