Strawberry and Ramen

It's All Fun and Games Until Ramen.


"Go Strawberry, go!!"
 
"Baek, her name is Princess Peach..."
 
"Same thing, same thing! Ohhh, look who's almost at the finish line~"
 
"Haha, in your dreams..."

“…”

" it hyung!"
 
"Wait, what- yah! You can't do that!!"
 
"I can, and I just did!"
 
The little spikey cart with Bowser in the driver’s seat and baby-Bowser sitting in the back sped past the finish-line faster than you can say "eggs and bacon".
 
Baekhyun watched his go-cart spin out of control with Princess Peach flailing her arms around in the driver's seat and Princess Daisy holding onto something so she won't go flying off.
 
Chanyeol shot up from the floor and did a victory dance as the television screen declared that he was the winner in gold, blocky letters. Baekhyun threw his controller to the ground with a grimace on his face as he screamed at Chanyeol for 'cheating'.
 
"Yah, I did not cheat Baek-hyung; it would be a disgrace for my family! I'm just better than you~" The giant sang with a cocky grin that made Baekhyun want to smack it off.
 
Then a brilliant plan came to Baekhyun’s pretty little mind.
 
The younger continued to awkwardly move his limbs to the beat of the victory music playing from the television as Baekhyun slowly stretched his leg out. The giant didn't pay attention to the trap that was on the floor until he tripped and face-planted with the grey carpet.
 
1 point for ByunBaek!!

 
Baekhyun roared with laughter as he stood up to stretch out; it turns out that sitting on your for hours and occasionally smacking your dongsaeng upside the head could really take a toll on you.
 
"Ahh, vengeance is such a sweet thing." He stated as he delicately stepped over the younger who was groaning and about his back being broken.
 
"Plus you only won because my stomach was distracting me; I'm starving~" The brunette sang as he left the room and made a bee-line to the kitchen.
 
Feet padding on the cold tiles, Baekhyun walked to various cupboards to grab some bowels and two pairs of chopsticks. Normally he would actually prepare something to eat for himself and the big eared giant, but today was a lazy day.

EXO didn't have a schedule, so everyone else was out and about doing whatever they pleased. Chanyeol decided to spend his day playing a game that Jongin gave him for Christmas. Baekhyun chose to stay behind and shop for clothes online. But around 3pm, the two ended up playing Yeol’s new Christmas game together.
 
The brunette looked around for the bright orange package of noodles, but he couldn't seem to find them. "Yeollie, where's the ramen?!" He hollered as he closed one of the many cabinets he was searching through.
 
"It should be on the top of the thingy next to the ‘fridge!"
 
Baekhyun walked over to the refrigerator and noticed that there was one cabinet that he hadn’t gone through. Gripping the small handle, the brunette pulled the tall door open and searched the shelves from the bottom to the top.
 
Found them~
 
The ramen was exactly where Chanyeol said it was. Except that the giant forgot to mention that it was on the highest shelf in the whole damned kitchen.

Looking to his right, then his left, Baekhyun grinned when he saw one of the dining chairs pushed under the table. 

Baekhyun went over and dragged the chair into the kitchen so that it was pressed against the lower cabinet. The brunette lifted his leg to put a barefoot on the cushioned seat and hoist himself up.
 
"Huh, so this is how Chanyeol see's things..." He muttered to himself as he peered around the kitchen thoughtfully.
 
Turning back to the task at hand, Baekhyun eyed the packaged noodles before extending his arm as high as he possibly could. Sadly, he was still about 3 inches away from his meal. "Dang it!" He sputtered as he rose to his tippy toes. He was a lot closer now; the tips of his pretty fingers grazed the orange packaging.

Close, but no cigar.
 
With new found determination, Baekhyun leaned back and brought his arm to his side. His shoulder felt a little sore, so he rubbed it with gentle fingers. "Aish, this is my workout for the day..." He muttered to himself as he took a deep breath.
 
With the calculating look and the serious expression on his face, anyone walking by would think that Baekhyun was up to par in an event for the Olympics. Baekhyun analyzed the lethality of the things on the countertops if he fell, the distance between him and the noodles, and the amount of force he would need in order to reach the noodles.
 
With his estimations set, Baekhyun took another breath to steady himself before he sprang into action- literally.
 
The brunette squatted as best as he could without losing balance on the chair, put his hands up with his palms out, and a prayer on his lips. And similar to a spring, Baekhyun launched himself at the top shelf with grabby hands as he reached for the chicken-flavored noodles.
 
"Hey hyung, did you find the food? I'm starting to get hungry too..." Chanyeol said as he walked into the kitchen.
 
Baekhyun was scared half to death as he felt the crinkle of the plastic in the palm of his hand.
 
Got it! 1 point for ByunBaek!
 
Now, when Baekhyun managed to grab the ramen, he was supposed to land back on the chair without a hitch. But the small victory and booming voice at the other end of the kitchen was enough of a distraction for Baekhyun fall to his death.
 
But some higher being must have something different in store for him because he didn't smash his head on the edge of the counter, nor did he crack his head open on the floor. Two iron-like pillars held him at the backs of his knees and the nape of his neck; the back of his skull mere centimeters from the corner of the nearest marble countertop.
 
The brunette opened his eyes slowly, half expecting to see Jesus looking down at him, but instead, his big-eared dongsaeng was looking back at him with a horrified expression on his face.
 
"A-Are you alright?" Chanyeol stammered, his arms instinctively holding Baekhyun closer to his chest.
 
The brunette slowly nodded. He held the ramen in a vice grip as he looked from the shelves back to Chanyeol's face. "Good catch, Yeol..."
 
"Anytime..." The younger replied as he carefully set his hyung down on his feet. "Are you hurt anywhere?" After mentally checking for any aches and pains- not counting the hammering of his heart in his chest-, Baekhyun shook his head 'no'.
 
1 point for ParkYeol...
 
"Okay, good..."
 
Then a loud smack resonated off the tiled walls of the kitchen. Baekhyun held his head in his hands as he groaned, glaring at the towering figure next to him. "What the hell was that for?!"
 
"You could've killed yourself! If you couldn't reach it, then why didn't you ask me to grab it for you?" The younger shouted at him.
 
"I didn't need your help, I was doing fine until you came barging in here yellin' at me!"
 
"I didn't yell at you, idiot, I was asking if you needed help! At least I was in my right mind compared to you catapulting yourself at the cabinets for some damn noodles!"
 
Baekhyun pouted as he rubbed his head tenderly.
 
1 point for ParkYeol, damn it....
 
"Y-Yah, don't curse at your hyung; it's rude!"
 
Chanyeol snorted in reply and he rolled his eyes. "Whatever...." Then a weird look flashed across his face as he turned to look back at Baekhyun.
 
The elder was ripping open the two packages with more force than necessary and placing the squared portions into two separate bowels.
 
"But really, hyung... Why didn't you ask me for help?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun sighed as he filled the bowels with hot water and walked over to the microwaves. “I-I didn’t need your help, would you just drop it?” Baekhyun spat out.

The brunette shoved the bowels in the miniature oven and pressed ‘2 minutes’ to get the ramen to cook.

Chanyeol’s watched the brunette drum his fingers on the countertops as his eyes furrowed in confusion. Then he noticed the irritated look in his eyes, the way his shoulders were tensed and the way his lower lips jutted out as he watched the bowels in the microwave rotate.

The younger couldn’t hold back a smirk as he realized why the look was so familiar. “You’re still upset about losing, aren’t you?” He asked. The way Baekhyun’s eye twitched made his face split into a full blown grin. “You are!! Oh my- “Shut your face, Park. I don’t care about the stupid game.”

Chanyeol began laughing hysterically, mocking the pout that his elder was sporting as the microwave beeped, signaling that the food was done.

“I said can it Yeol! It’s not that funny…” Baekhyun groaned as he ripped the little silver packets open and sprinkled them on the stringy noodles.

The giant grumbled under his breath as he rested his chin on the kitchen table, watching Baekhyun mix the chicken flavored seasoning into the noodles.

Baekhyun set Chanyeol’s bowl in front of him and sat down with his own bowl. The two mumbled in thanks and broke their wooden utensils.

The younger watched Baekhyun pull and push at his noodles. The brunette twisted his chopsticks around and brought the knotted noodles to his lips, blowing on them a little before putting them in his mouth. Chanyeol watched Baekhyun chew slowly until the two of them made eye contact.

The two said nothing until he put his chopsticks down, his ramen untouched. “Hyung, I know it shouldn’t bother me, but it really is. Why didn’t you just ask me for help?” Baekhyun groaned as he let his sticks fall in his bowl with a clank. “I had a perfectly fine chair, Yeol, that’s why. Now quit bugging me about it.

Baekhyun snapped as he gripped his chopsticks with more force than necessary and started jabbing at his noodles mercilessly.

Chanyeol sighed as he started poking at his noodles with his fingers, “It’s just…weird that you wouldn’t come to me if you couldn’t reach. I’m here for you hyung, you know that right?”

The elder shrugged as he pushed his noodles around in his bowl. “Yeah, I guess…” He sighed, avoiding eye contact with the other.

“Why won’t you at least look at me hyung? It’s not like I’m confessing you or something.” Chanyeol muttered with a chuckle as he twisted the noodles and stuffed then in his mouth.

Baekhyun froze, nearly losing his grip on his sticks. “Y-Yeah, right…” He let out a nervous noise that was supposed to be laugh. Chanyeol looked at him with a slightly lifted brow and noodles hanging out of his mouth. Slurping them slowly, he kept staring at his hyung with a playful smile on his face. “Why are you so anxious?”

Baekhyun sighed deeply and leaned forward to rest his elbows on the table. “Do you really wanna know why I’m anxious, Yeollie?” Chanyeol nearly choked as he looked up to find Baekhyun giving him a sultry look. “Well, do you?” Baekhyun asked, his voice dropping several octaves lower. Chanyeol nodded his head slowly, not trusting his voice or the hyung sitting across from him.

“Well, Park Yeol. I’m anxious because…. STRAWBERRY AND I ARE GONNA KICK YOUR !!!” And with that, Baekhyun had shot up from his seat and ran out of the kitchen.

It took the younger a couple of seconds for him to understand what just happened before he realized what Baekhyun just pulled. “Hyung, wait! Don’t press play yet!!” He shouted, sucessfully falling out of his chair to crawl out of the kitchen and rush back to the room he shared with the stubborn elder.

“Too late, HA-HA!! GO STRAWBERRY, GO!”

“IT’S PRINCESS PEACH!!!”

1 point for ByunBaek!!





                                                                              Score Board

                                                                                ParkYeol: 3
                                                                               ByunBaek: 3












A/N:
Sorry about the late update; my mom took my laptop when I put the finishing touches on the story -               -
Anyways, I hope you liked it at least a little?
I know it’s not much, but yeah, that’s what drabble is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please comment and tell me what you think! ♡