The Rescue

The S Squad

Okay this is what you guys have been waiting for. I was writing the chapter but it turned out a little too long so I divided it into two chapters instead. It was kind of difficult for me because I had to switch between "scenes". I'm sorry if it didn't meet your expectations. Enjoy!


“Hey BoA.” She was greeted by the leader the moment she entered the hideout.

“Jay.” She nodded back.

“You’re early. I’ll be entrusting the hideout to you then. You guys take her orders.” Jay gave a small smile before leaving for his business deal with two other men.

Despite being the only female in the hierarchy of The Black Dragons, BoA was well respected for her skills and abilities in all aspects. Within months of entering the organisation, she managed to climb up the ladder fast and became the one and only female right wing. Some men thought that BoA only managed to promote that fast because Jay had his eyes on her, but they would always think again when they were thrown on the grown during sparring sessions with the lady.

After Jay left for good, BoA dismissed the rest of the boys off and went straight to the room.

“Hey.”

Hearing the familiar voice, Jessica opened her eyes before closing it again.

“How are you feeling?”

She gave a nod in return.

“That’s good. We’ll bring you out tonight.” BoA whispered.

That caught her attention. We?

As if reading her thoughts, BoA explained, “I’ve found them. Your team mates.”

She could not be any happier. After three dragging months, finally there is some good news. They are here for her. But one thing has always been on her mind ever since the explosion, and she desperately need an answer to her question. Using all her energy she could, she managed to utter out a word.

“Yul.”

“Huh?”

“Yul” She repeated.

“Kwon Yul?” Jessica nodded.

“He’s here as well together with the rest of the team. There’s a total of eight of them. Everyone’s here.”

He’s alive.

For all the tears that Jessica had shed all these while, these were the most heartfelt ones. She could finally meet her loved ones again.

“I’ll have to brief you what’s gonna happen tonight so you’ll know what to do.” Jessica nodded again, signaling BoA to continue.

“You should’ve known by now that Jay’s out of town, which explains why I’m here in his place instead. He’ll be out for two days, which also means we’ll have two days to get you out and reveal them. The mission will start tonight at 0000hr straight. Taeng will be here to get you out and bring you back to the base. The rest would serve as backups for the first part of the mission, and be on the front line for the second part, which is to capture Jay and the gang.” BoA paused for a moment before continuing.

“You’ll take orders from Taeng okay? You’re the victim here so I do not expect you to take part in the mission. If anything happens, I want you to run. There’s a huge metal sliding door opposite of this room. It’s the biggest door in the hideout. That’s the lift.  Press the red button and you’ll be transported out of the hideout. Abandon Taeng if he ask you to, or if you need to. The others will be here to help him out. This is an order, Agent Jessica.”

Jessica took a deep breathe, before replying, albeit softly, “Yes, Agent BoA.”

“Alright, once the clock strike 12, get ready. Till then.” BoA said before exiting the room.

---

“Fany.”

“Yeah?” The team was getting ready for tonight’s mission, doing the last checks on their weapons and equipment making sure that everything is in good condition.

“Are you sure about this?” Taeng was still worried about his girlfriend being up on the field.

Yes, he understood that Tiffany has been training with them all these while, in training school and even after graduation or whenever they have training sessions and when she is free. But he still could not help and get worried. Out of all the members in the team, Tiffany and Seohyun both have the least on field experience. They work more behind-the-scenes. Worst still, this mission involves The Black Dragon, their greatest enemy.

Besides, after witnessing how his buddy went through his down times from the incident involving Jessica, he himself was afraid of losing Tiffany more as well. Half of his life in SSF was spend with Tiffany. She was always there when he bruised himself, or when he was punished for being too playful at times. She would brighten up his days with just her bright and unwavering smiles. She was his vitamins and medicines from all the sores he got from combat fights with the boys. Tiffany was always there. And he just could not afford to lose her any time. Probably this was why the director would not encourage them to fall in love in each other if possible. But love is always unexpected and unpredictable.

“Taeng. I’ll be fine. Trust me. I’m not the strategist for nothing because I have the smartest brain out of all of us.” Tiffany attempted to break a joke but Taeng was still not convinced.

“Come one Taeng. Honey look at me.” She pushed his chin up to make him face her.

“I’ll keep a look out and stick to the team at all times. I’ve go with Yul or Yoong if that makes you less worried. I’ll come back safe with the rest and we’ll meet again. I promise.” Tiffany assured him.

“I’ll ask Yul to keep a look out for you then. Be with him at all times. Run if you need to. They’ll be able to manage. Come back safe Tiffany, then you’ll be able to answer my question.”

“Question? What question?” Tiffany raised her brows.

“You’ll know when you come back. So you have to.” Taeng gave her a kiss on her forehead before proceeding back to get his stuff ready.

---

Everyone was gathered inside the van, waiting BoA’s signal. It would only be a few minutes left before the clock strikes 12. Doing their last minute check again, they got ready when they heard the ‘beep’ from the digital clock in the system. BoA’s voice was heard shortly.

“Guys, do you hear me?” BoA asked softly.

“Yes we do.” Seohyun replied, monitoring the laptop screens on the other side of the van.

“Alright, I’m supposed to leave the hideout now. There’ll be about three to four men left back in the hideout. After I’m out, I’ll join Seohyun back in the van. As for Taeng, please get ready now.”

“Roger that.” Taeng said before getting ready to jumped off the van, not before being stopped by Yul.

“Taeng, I’m trusting you.”

“I’m trusting you with Tiffany too.” Throwing a last glance at the said girl, he went off.

0001HR. MISSION START.

Taeng waited behind the bushes, as instructed by Seohyun, for the floor to open up. Shortly after, the familiar black vehicle came up and went off, he managed to catch a glimpse of BoA. Waiting for a few minutes after, he pressed the red button before rolling over to the elevator, making sure that he was not caught on camera.

The lift rumbled to a stop before it opened.

“Hey BoA-“ Taeng immediately knocked the three men out with his rifle and tied them up, before waiting for orders again.

“Oppa, are you in?” Seohyun’s voice buzzed through the earpiece.

“Yes I am. Where should I go now?”

“The metal door opposite. The one that’s close. It’s locked by a pin code. I’m trying to hack in now, please give me a moment.”

“Alright Seohyun.” Taeng then slowly proceeded to the door and waited patiently while looking around the hideout, being vigilant at all times.

---

“Why is BoA not here yet?” Sooyoung asked no one specifically.

“Seohyun did  you manage to hack in?” Tiffany asked, ignoring Sooyoung.

“A little more Unnie…” Seohyun worked her fingers on the keypad before the screen beep and pop out a window ‘Break-in Successful’.

“Oppa, the door is unlocked.”

“Roger that.” Taeng replied.

---

Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself down before gripping the handles and turning it. He slowly pushed the door and made his way in, finding his target hanging lifelessly from the ceiling. Taeng wanted to hug his team mate, ensuring that everything is fine now and tell her that everyone missed her, a lot. But he had to put his emotions aside and get her out first. This was why Tiffany chose him to do the rescue task in the first place, knowing that he would be able to act professionally.   

“Jessica. Jessica.” He nudged the on-field specialist a few times before she finally responded.

“Taeng…You’re here.” Jessica replied softly.

“I’m getting you out Jessica, can you walk?” She nodded.

Without any more words, he untied the ropes that was tied to the pole and lowered Jessica down slowly, and then cut off the ropes that tied her hands up. After Jessica was free, he supported Jessica on her waist and with her arms over her shoulders, before trudging out of the room. He could not wait to get out of this inhumane place soon.

---

Everyone unconsciously held their breath when Taeng was getting ready to open the door. They did not manage to catch a glimpse of how the room or how Jessica looked like the last time when Seohyun controlled the marble around the hideout. When the room was revealed, they could not believe that ragged doll-looking human hanging down from the celing was Jessica. Their Jessica. The Ice Princess. What in the world. Soft gasps were heard and some were trying to control their tears, or anger. But they knew better than to be professional and act rationally at times like this.

After witnessing Taeng guiding Jessica out of the room, it was their signal to get ready. One by one, they went to their positions in pairs – Yul and Tiffany, as appointed by Taeng, Sooyoung and Sunny, Yoong and Hyoyeon. They were supposed to wipe the hideout and captured the then three men that got knocked out by Taeng, and then wait for the leader’s return. Hiding in their hideout would definitely keep them off guard.

---

It took them nearly five minutes to just reach the other side of the hideout to the lift, because Jessica had difficulty with her wounds. They were so close. All that was left was to open the lift door, ride it up, and the rescue mission is done.

But Taeng heard something. It was as soft as a pin-drop but he was sure he heard it. Looking around the hideout, he saw the three guys knocked out still lying cold on the ground, and everything else was in place. Except that the first drawer of the wooden table was now open instead of being closed.

Somebody else is here.

Hearing the ding from the elevator, he reckoned he should send Jessica up first and let the rest of the team who are coming down next settle the uninvited guest. Picking up his footsteps, he entered the lift and pressed the red button faster, hoping that it would somehow influence the speed of the lift as well. But before the door of the lift could close fully, a hand stopped it.

---

Seohyun was working with on the laptops, making sure that everything was in place, and that everyone else was in position. With Tiffany being on-field and BoA not here yet, she was in-charge of the mission. When she was on the field previously to drop the marbles in, she was feeling unexplainable nervousness and that was probably what her team mates were feeling right now. Even though she was not there with them physically, she was responsible for ensuring that nothing goes wrong for them during the mission. Keeping her eyes wide open on the screen, she checked every surrounding and kept her team mates updated.

However, what she failed to do was to keep an eye on her own surroundings. Having her back faced the door, she heard a click and thought that BoA has arrived.

“Hey BoA what took you so lo-“ And she was greeted by a punch instead.

Before she could get herself up, the intruder pulled her up by her hair, and threw her against the wall of the van again.

“What a fine lady we have here.” The intruder said.

Seohyun widened her eyes, before finally facing the said person.

Sh*t.