Final.

Math brings Love? 1+4+3 = I Like You

                    “Yah! Jaeji! Wait!” a voice called across the crowded hallway. Jaeji stopped walking, and looked around to see who was calling for her. “Jinki oppa…?” she asked, when he caught up to her. “Don’t call me that!” he huffed, still trying to catch his breath from running across the whole hallway. “All right… Onew oppa,” she started again, “Is there something you need?” Onew paused for a second. ‘Wait... why am I here again…’ he thought. “Oh!” he exclaimed, interrupting his thoughts. “You left your journal in the classroom.” Jaeji’s eyes widened, “You didn’t read it right?!” “Chill, no I didn’t,” he smiled playfully, “Or did I?” Jaeji snatched the book from him. “Oppa, not funny!” “Just kidding, I didn’t read it.” “Anyways, you came all the way here… just to give me the notebook?” Jaeji asked suspiciously. ‘Why would he through so much trouble just for one notebook,’ she thought. “Well, I actually wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out after school,” Onew asked cheerfully. “Oppa… exams start after the weekend! You might be a genius, but I need to study! I’m going to fail math!” Onew blinked at Jaeji a few times. “What?” she asked annoyed. “I have a great idea!” he grinned. “No, you don’t.” “Yes, I do~ I can help you study! I’m good at math!” “You’re good at everything,” Jaeji groaned. ‘He was going to get completely distracted, and she wouldn’t get anything done.’ Onew cheered in victory; Jaeji could already see the fail grade on her exam report.

                    Jaeji sat at her desk, staring at her math textbook like it was written in an alien language. ‘What. Is. This.’ Onew was casually lying on her bed, with his eyes closed, quietly singing. Not hearing her talk for a bit, he stopped singing and asked, “Need help yet? If you tell me what you need help with, I teach you the chapter.” Jaeji looked at Onew, ‘I would ask questions IF I KNEW WHERE TO START.’ “Im going to fail,” Jaeji said again, for the upteempth time. “Jj, stop being so negative! If you didn’t know where to start asking questions from, you could have just said so,” Onew said, getting up and pulling an extra chair up next to you. Jaeji sighed, “I just want to give up!” Onew lightly hit her head. “Get those stupid thoughts out of your head, or you’ll never learn this!”

                     Onew was surprisingly very serious while helping Jaeji study. She couldn’t help but watch his face, while he read the section, thinking of a way to explain it easily. His eyebrows would furrow when he had to reread a line when he didn’t understand it the first time. His eyes were completely focused in the textbook. ‘He’s actually really good looking,’ Jaeji thought.  After studying math with Onew for a few hours, Jaeji finally thought she might possibly, if all goes properly, and with a little luck, do well on the exam. “Jinki oppa, thank you SO much!” she exclaimed, “I’ll buy you chicken for dinner, sound good?” “I’ll let you off for calling me Jinki, since you’re buying me chicken,” he laughed.

                    Jaeji and Onew were sitting in a small restaurant. “Why are you always helping me?” Jaeji asked Onew. “Mmm…because I like you,” Onew said, eating a piece of chicken. Jaeji sighed, “Thanks, you’re a good friend,” she said sincerely. “No. I mean, I like you,” Onew repeated. “W-what?” Jaeji asked, startled. “I just wanted to spend my day with you, because I like you. I helped you study, so I could be with you all day, because I like you. Are you just really slow, or a bit stupid?” “Jinki oppa… I like you too.”