Curiousity

Come Out And Play

------

The day eventually ended. It was a miracle to Hanmi that she didn't die in her last period all thanks to that mysterious character Jackson. She was shocked that the boy took up for her, and it shocked her even more when he backfired on that prude of a girl, Clara. For the whole period, she tried to glance over at him and try to see what his deal was, but he continued to be quiet and emotionless the whole class period.

When the bell finally rang for the school day to end, Jackson was surprisingly the first one out of the classroom.

He left the classroom with his jacket over his shoulder, and Hanmi could've sworn that she saw him smirk towards her direction before he was out of sight and running down the hallway. She nibbled down on her bottom lip and gathered all of her supplies and put it in her backpack. 

"I wonder why he's such in a hurry?" She whispered to herself.

Hanmi was the last one in the classroom to leave, but the girl was used to it. She had no where to go, and home was the last place she wanted to be right now because of her parents.

Sighing, Hanmi put her backpack over both of her shoulders and started to slowly walk out of the room with her head held down.

-----

Hanmi couldn't believe it. For once in her life, she wanted to visit one of her favorite coffee shops right next to her school, but when she was about to walk into the door, it had a signed that said closed.

Now, she could have sworn that a couple of days ago it had many people here, but how in the world could the shop close down in only a few days?

She let out an agravated groan, and stomped her feet on the sidewalk with an angry gesture. Today was definitely not her day, and just when she thought she could cheer herself up with something to drink, the damned place had to shut down.

Hanmi ran a couple of her slim fingers through her long black hair and she looked up at the blue sky.

"God, can't you just give me a break? What have I done to deserve such a ty life?" She yelled up at the sky, not caring if walking passengers stared at her with weird glances.

She kicked a pebble, and mumbled incoherent words under her breath.

Suddenly, Hanmi's ears picked up a strange sound of music coming from behind her. She opened her eyes, and held onto the straps of her backpack tightly and slowly turned her back around to the front door of the shop.

"What the hell?" She cursed.

She blinked her eyes a couple times, and slowly took a step forward and tried to look inside the shop. It had slightly tinted windows, so you could barely catch a glimpse of what was happening inside, but Hanmi could've sworn that there wasn't any cars parked around here, so there couldn't be anyone inside.

She tilted to her head to the side.

"Where's that music coming from?" She mumbled.

Hanmi took another step forward, and placed her hand on the handle of the door, and bit down on her lower lip. She wondered if she would get caught if she tried to walk into the shop. It didn't seem possible, since nobody was around, but then again she didn't want to risk getting into trouble and god knows what her parents would do to her if they found out she was trespassing.

She let out another sigh, and decided to go with her gut.

She looked around her surroundings first and made sure that no adults were watching her, and she took the dare of pushing onto the door. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked.

Hanmi's heart started to pound inside her chest, and she could feel a spring of adrenaline rush into her veins. She wasn't used to doing these kinds of things, so the thought of breaking the law made her heart leap inside her chest.

"H-Hello? Is anyone there?" She stuttered as she pushed on the door even more, a cold rush of air hitting her face.

She took a deep breath, and walked inside the shop before closing the door behind her.

She glanced around and noticed that everything was still in place. The tables were still there, and the chairs were still there, so the owner must not have decided to clear out the place yet.

She noticed that the sound of music became louder. It had a deep bass, and it seemed to have vibrated off the walls of the shop; the sound making Hanmi even more curious to know where it was coming from.

"Excuse me? Is anyone there?" She raised her voice, but there was still no answer.

She took a couple of more steps, and decided to walk to the back of the shop since the sound of music became louder and louder the more steps she took. The sound wasn't impossibly loud, but it trembled off the walls, so it must not be coming from inside the building.

Hanmi went to the back of the shop, and noticed a small library of books lined up against the wall. She raised an eyebrow, and made a sign of remorse.

"The hell? Why does a coffee shop have books? So strange." She muttered to herself, and put one hand on her hip.

She raised one of her fingers and felt the edges of the books. She could practically feel the music vibrate against her pale skin, so it must be around here somewhere.

"This is ridiculous. Why am I even here anyway?" She said loudly, and punched one of the books with force.

She winced from the pain, and pulled her hand back to rub the red part of her knuckles, not even noticing that when she punched the book, the shelf seemed to have moved on it's own like it was a secret door, revealing another part of the shop she didn't even know existed.

Hanmi's eyes widened triple in size and gaped open like a fish.

"W-What is this?" The music was blasting now, and Hanmi gulped down a huge lump in as she decided to walk down the stairs.

She placed one of her trembling hands on the rails of the stairs, and noticed the line of girls on the side of the walls glaring at her like she didn't belong here.

She flinched back slightly when one of the girls glared at her so intensely, that Hanmi could practically feel her back burn from her stare.

"Why the is she here?" One of the girls said behind her, her voice high-pitched and annoying to Hanmi's ears, but she decided not to make eye contact to any of these strangers here. She had a feeling that they were far more dangerous than they looked.

She continued to walk down the flight of stairs until she reached the bottom step, the bottom of the floor lit up with different shades of neon colors. It seemed to have lights glowing from under the floor to give it a club kind of feel, and Hanmi had to take the moment to realize that she was indeed at a club.

She wanted to turn back and run away, but for some reason her body didn't want to move.

The club was filled with tons and tons of different aged boys. It frightened her, really, but the few of the girls that were here looked older than eighteen, and had a type of strong force that freaked Hanmi out. She knew that she definitely did not belong here.

Before she could turn around and run away; Hanmi noticed a pair of dark eyes staring at her from the other side of the dance floor. She didn't even have to squint to notice that it was a male with bright red hair.

The male smirked in her direction and sat up from the couch and began to walk towards her. Hanmi felt her heart start to pound harshly against her ribcage and she tried to backup, but she accidently ran into one of the girls, a pair of arms pushing her harshly onto the ground of the dance floor.

"Watch it, ." 

She glared up at the one that pushed her down, and she got up by herself, not wanting to give into these rather scary chicks with pounds of makeup on their face.

She sighed, and stood up and came face to face with the red haired male that was across the club. He was beautiful, she had to give him credit. But, the way he smirked at her made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, and she felt her petite body start to tremble in fear.

"Hello there. I see that you're new here." His voice was deep.

She pressed her lips together and averted her gaze somewhere else.

The red haired male chuckled deeply, and placed one of his toned arms on the crook of Hanmi's neck and leaned forward.

"Why, look at this. I've got a fragile girl in my club. You know, sweetheart, you don't have to be afraid of me. Besides, everyone's welcomed." He smiled down at her, and ran his finger over her collarbone lightly, making Hanmi flinch from his touch.

"Mark, leave the girl alone. This is why all the new girls are scared of you."

Hanmi blinked her eyes multiple times, and looked behind the red haired male and saw who's voice it belonged to. 

It was Jackson.