Chapter 28

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

I was here, alone, inside my home not-sweet-anymore home, sitting on the couch, watching random program on television. I’m not on my mood to watch but I feel like I have to do this to kill the time. Hyemi just headed back home a few minutes ago after chatted like no tomorrow with me and made some plans for me how to react if I met Daehyun on Monday. I’m not making any plan to let him go easily and Hyemi asked me to do so. After my long three years, after the latest moments we’ve been through, the sweet moments, at least for me. The moment Daehyun asked me not to give up. The moment I exclaimed he loves me and he didn’t make any excuse. The moment he hugged me on the sidewalk all of sudden and promised me that he’ll try his best. The moments that I called it with dream comes true. I can’t let him go. I really can’t.

If someone told you that love is not always have to be possesses each other, then I’m going to tell you, it’s just bull. If someone told you that they are happy just by seeing someone they love happy with other and not with them, then I’m going to tell you again, they are not happy at all, they are never ever feeling the happiness on it. Actually, they are just making an excuse to heal the pain inside them. I’m not going to do that, I still have to fight for Daehyun no matter what because I want Daehyun who will be together with me in the rest of my life and be the reason of my happiness. If you asked me, when will I give up? I have no answer.

“YAH! KIM EUNMI! WHY ARE YOU NOT PICKING UP MY PHONE CALL?”

I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard Jongin made curses of all sorts.

“Could you not screamed and surprised me?” I hissed as I rubbed my chest.

“You surprised me first! I waited for you in front of your building almost two hours! I tried to find Hyemi, but I saw her nowhere! Fortunately, I met Daehyun and he told me he didn’t see you since the morning and there were Daehyun’s friend, told me you skipped the classes but didn’t know the reason! I called your number a thousand times and you didn’t even pick it up once! I went to Hyemi’s house and she was not there! I almost crashed into someone with my car on my way to home because I was panic! And now I found you here, sat innocently while watching! Are you making fun at me?”

I gawked and didn’t make any move. Jongin gasped for some air after blabbered right in front of my face, he looked so tired. I forgot to tell him that I skipped my classes. I really forgot. We have made a deal, if we have something to do and want to go back home by ourselves, we have to tell each other first. Now I broke the deal. He must be really mad at me now.

“Jongin, I’m sorry, I forgot to tell you,” I hang down my head, didn’t dare to exchange any gaze with him.

“You think I don’t care with you anymore right?” his voice heard so distress and it makes me feel guiltier than before. My ing mouth was numb and didn’t make any move to answer his questions. “Fine! I won’t care with you anymore! Just take care of yourself and don’t ask me to! You are same like Mom and Dad!”

“Jongin, I’m really sorry,” I mumbled by myself as I settled down on the couch and buried my face on my palm, didn’t know what to do. He just ran upstairs and slammed his door harshly.

It was Monday. I was taking a deep breath before entered the gate. I have prepared if something unexpected happened when I met Daehyun and Jiyeon together.

I was inside the lockers room when I heard a girl voice behind my locker. Since it was still early in the morning, I could hear it clearly. Behind my locker is where Daehyun’s locker place to be. I knew that voice. It was not just a girl voice, a guy voice heard after a split second. The voice that I’d dreamt to hear in the rest of my life. That’s Daehyun’s voice. The girl must be Jiyeon. I heard they were making conversation about Daehyun’s friends and laughed together. Accordingly with their laughs, my sight got blurred and blurred even more. This is unbearable feeling ever. The hurt feeling is really unexpected and I haven’t prepared for this yet.  Three years I was crushing on him, made a thousand moves towards him, told him a million cheesy words and yet is it ending like this? I can’t even explain how it feels like. It’s more than hurt. What should I do now?

They were walking passed me as I opened my locker in lightning speed and hidden my face behind it door. They were still laughing when I bite my lips and cried in silent, waited for them to leave the locker room as soon as possible.

Time melted. Lunch break was coming. I took my step head to canteen lazily by myself because Himchan asked me not to disturb his lunch break time with Hyemi today and I granted his wish halfheartedly.

I was in the middle of queue, waited for my lunch when I noticed Jiyeon stole my usual spot, a seat right next to Daehyun. Their back faced me. That feeling was coming again, that hurt feeling. After I took my lunch, I brought my body went out from canteen, maybe it’s better to take a lunch at backyard, alone. I just left the queue with lunch tray on my hand, when someone called out my name.

“Eunmi!”

! I knew it was Youngjae without even searching where the voice came from. When I was about ignored him, he called my name out again. Yoo Youngjae! I’m going to kill you!

I turned around my body when they were taking full attention at me, include Daehyun and Jiyeon. What should I do now?

----------------

Updated^^ and there is new upvoter *dancing* yeayyyy kkkk thanks to my lovely reader daexoxo >3< Hows this chapter is going? Feedback is really welcome. By the way, happy weekend guyssss~ Chuuuuuuuuu~~~~