The moon

You'd better, watch out!

Empty streets and distant voices, approaching steps, leave you no choices.

It was already getting late when L.Joe was walking home. There was no living soul seen anywhere.

He decided to take a shortcut road through the woods.

Distant voices. Trees made a little sounds when wind hit them, quiet mumbling of people was heard. Approaching steps. Suddenly, out of nowhere, L.Joe heard footsteps behind him. No one was supposed to be there. He felt as if someone was looking at him, observed every little movement he made. It felt creepy.

You cannot hide you got to run. Give up the fight it cannot be won. You’re on your own.

His heart started thudding.

You’d better watch out, look out. It’s right in your footsteps.

It was extremely creepy, there was no one, but he heard footsteps coming closer and closer every step he took.

Watch out, right now. It’s breathing on your neck.

He felt sudden warm touch on his neck and panicking he turned around. His heart felt like it would jump out of his chest.

When you look behind no one’s around.

But when he turned around he could see… nothing. There was no one. He looked around but couldn’t see anything, no bushes or trees were moving, not even wind. The air felt suffocating.

It tricks your mind. You’d better watch out, watch out!

He was starting to panic and shaking. Was someone hiding in the woods and observing him? Or was his own imagination playing tricks on him?

Someone touched his shoulder. He could feel a warm – but cold – hand. He let out a scream and turned around.

You don’t know where it’s coming from. You try to see but it’s already gone.

Again, he could see no one.

He tried to even his pulse from the shock before continuing his way home.

He almost ran the whole way home. He was not staying in the dark any longer.

And late at night, outside your house.

L.Joe reached his home. He searched his pockets for his keys in a hurry.

Even after leaving the woods he felt as if someone was following him, observing, it felt more creepy than scary. It was weird.

His hands were trembling too much when he pulled the keys out of his pants’ pockets and he dropped the keys. He cursed his clumsiness and picked the keys up.

You hear a sound but no one is around.

Ears piercing scream was heard. L.Joe looked around, his eyes as wide as possible. He didn’t stay wondering where it came from, but kicked the door when turning the key in the key whole and sneaked inside.

 

His roommate, Changjo, was home already and happily greeted L.Joe.  Instead of greeting, L.Joe was about to scream and his legs gave up and he fell on the ground.

Changjo’s eyes widened and he rushed to him. ‘’W-what? Why? Did I scare you? Are you okay?’’ he asked panicky.

L.Joe stood up with the help of Changjo and answered, ‘’No. I’m fine.’’

‘’But then why did you-‘’

‘’Don’t worry,’’ L.Joe said and took his jacket off, hanging it onto the coat rack.

‘’Okay…’’ Changjo mumbled looking after him. L.Joe was being weird tonight…

You’d better watch out, look out. It’s right in your footsteps. Watch out, right now.

L.Joe could feel hand reaching towards him.

‘’What do you want?’’ L.Joe asked rather pissed off and turned around thinking it was Changjo.

‘’What?’’ Changjo mumbled dumbfounded from the kitchen and looked L.Joe who was climbing up the stairs.

When L.Joe turned around, he could see Changjo in the kitchen - not behind him, nowhere near him. He furrowed his brows.

It’s breathing on your neck.

L.Joe got a new shock and tripped on his own feet and fell down the stairs.

When you look behind no one’s around. It tricks your mind. You’d better watch out, watch out!

Changjo heard a ruckus and saw L.Joe rolling down from middle of the stairs. His eyes widened and he rushed to his friend.

‘’Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurting somewhere? Can you get up?’’ Changjo questioned panicky, again.

‘’Yeah... ahh-!‘’ L.Joe started but stopped when his leg hurt. He got up with the help of Changjo and held his head. Now he had a headache, too.

‘’Can you walk? Should you go to hospital?’’

Wherever you look, it’s out of your sight. It’s like the mirror of your inner fright. Is it real or make believe it follows, follows you?

L.Joe looked around in horror. What the hell was this?!

His eyes looked outside and he saw the moon, the full moon which was extremely bright tonight. Suddenly he saw the moon in two. He furrowed his eyebrows again, closed his eyes, shook his head and looked at it again. Now it looked like it was coming towards him and the next second it was enormous right in front of the window. He screamed, turned around and passed out. Changjo caught him and L.Joe fell against his chest.

Changjo looked puzzled and looked at the moon outside. Wow, it was bright tonight!

He tried to shake L.Joe awake but nothing happened.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljh9nyWND11qirmceo1_500.gif

‘’So were there many similar cases? All happened at the night of the bright full moon?’’

‘’Yes. And what’s interesting is, that all of the victims had same symptoms: they felt as if someone was following them, breathing on their neck but there was no one around them and it all ended to seeing the moon first in two and then as if it attacked you. It could’ve been just ‘’moon madness’’ – some people go crazy on full moon – but since there were hundreds, thousands of people around the world having the exact same symptoms, it’s weird. And all of them happened when they were outside, it might’ve continued inside too. Victims were all men who were alone.’’

‘’Did anyone do anything… bad? Crimes? Had any after effects?’’

‘’People with weaker state of mind went either crazy, got scared or something else and had to get help. I heard there were people who committed suicide too, because it was too much for them. Others were just fine afterwards. Thankfully no one hurt anyone else – only themselves if anything.’’

‘’Any reason why this happened?’’

‘’As I said before, some think it was just ‘’moon madness’’ but I myself don’t believe it since everyone had same symptoms. It can’t be just coincidence for so many to feel and see the same. People are interested into this but no one can make any legitimate reason for this. And the only suspect to this happening is the moon. And we can’t ask anything from it,’’ he ended with a little laugh. The reporter took her leave.

When the reporter was gone, he felt sudden breathing on his neck. He turned around to see did the reporter come back but there was no one. He turned back and heard a woman’s voice near to his ear. It was whispering sound and he could feel it smirking. His body tensed and he looked into emptiness with shocked, wide eyes.

The voice whispered:

‘’ You'd better watch out, look out. It's right in your footsteps.

Watch out right now, it's breathing on your neck.

When you look behind no one's around. It tricks your mind.

You'd better watch out, look out. It's right in your footsteps.

Watch out right now. It's breathing on your neck.

When you look behind no one's around. It tricks your mind.

You'd better watch out, watch out, watch out!’’