Muse

Late Night Musings

His body was on auto pilot. Walk back to the building. Wait for the lift. Wait in the lift. Walk to the door. Enter the dorm. His mind was just a blur, nothing was being processed.

Grunts were thrown to acknowledge his return but they just bounced off him. He chose to settle on the couch and looked blankly at the floor instead, the others too tired to even notice his lack of response. Thoughts ran through his head as the shower went off in the back. He always hated the fact that he could only shower the last being the maknae and all, but he appreciated it slightly then, having time to recollect what just happened.

-maybe we need a break.

He blinked once.

The spark wasn't there any more if you knew what I meant-

A sigh bubbled up his throat. There was a tap on his shoulder. He directed his attention to the owner of the hand, only to see his silent hyung staring at him. Worry and concern flickered in the other's eyes clearing and he returned with a shake of his head and a weak smile, not wanting to bother his hyung with his petite problems.

Leo continued to stare at him for a while more as if prompting him to share but Hyuk remained firm, choosing to turn away and focused on the view of the window instead. He drifted off in his thoughts again, toying with the thought of 'love'.

Was this how a heartbreak felt like? Why wasn't he crying? Was he truly in love in the first place?

His lips remained sealed for the next hour or so, not a single word was uttered, there was no need for them in the first place. Once again, he was pulled back to the present, by Hongbin this time, who had finally finished cleaning up. 

I'm done using the restroom, you should wash up soon and get some rest Hyuk.

Not a sound was heard from Hyuk as he just nodded silently, head now propped on his fist. Hongbin shrugged and went off, thinking that the maknae just needed his own space for now.

Only after everything settled down to a silence in the dorm was when Hyuk decided to start moving. Plans of showering were thrown away as he made his way to the kitchen. He wasn't hungry, not at all, but he wanted to find food just so he could fill up the strange hollowness in the pits of his stomach. 

Hyuk moved about carefully, knowing well that his tired hyungs were trying to get the most sleep from what little hours that was spared to them. Only the slight rustling show signs of someone in the kitchen as he finally settled for the loaf of bread on the counter top. He slowly made his way back to the couch, curling up into a little ball this time. 

When has it ever been so cold? Wasn't he supposed to be used to the cold nipping at him? But this time, instead of his skin, the cold crept into his heart, leaving him uncomfortable and forcing him to tuck his knees under his chin in an attempt to stay warm.

The rustling of the plastic echoed through the quiet dorm, followed by the soft chewing on bread. His gaze was unfocused and his legs were getting numb, but honestly, he didn't want to think about that. Thinking was tiring, it was too tiring. Perhaps that's why he kept it to himself, his hyungs already had enough thinking on their plate to start with.

The clock ticked on and the moonlight shone in, outlining the silhouette of the youngest, who would've been enveloped in darkness otherwise, letting his mind run wild in the depths of the night.