Slave Day

That Stupid Idiot

 

-Third Person POV, Baek focus-

 

Baekhyun wakes up with a smile on his face, which is actually kinda creepy considering he looks like a gargoyle when he wakes up on school days, but today is special and Baekhyun's heart flutters at the mere thought of it. 

 

It's Baekhyun's day today. 

 

Baekhyun gets ready two times faster than usual and when he goes down for breakfast, he doesn't miss the huge gourmet set up especially for him, with everything venturing from his favourite dishes to desserts and an assortment of fruits. But Baekhyun doesn't slow down to admire and appreciate the five-hour-rushed work and instead heads straight to the shoe rack and picks his favourite sneakers. 

 

Baekhyun's mom throws him a look over the mountain of macaroons she's working on. "Yah, is this how you treat my hard work? I made all these especially for you, Baekhyun-ah. At least taste something!"

 

Baekhyun simply gives his mom a sad smile and says, "Sorry mom, but there's something I'm looking forward to even more than food. I'm leaving! I'll finish everything when I come back, okay?" And without even waiting for an answer, Baekhyun practically skips the rest of the way to his second home; the home of his master. 

 

"I'm here!" Baekhyun announces rather loudly but instead of a happy greeting or even a gleeful smile, he gets a frying pan in his face and what appears to be a little burnt mark on his forehead. 

 

"Ow..." Baekhyun mumbles as he peels the metal off his face and lifts his head up to see his attacker. "What was that for?"

 

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, Baekhyun sweetie," a woman in her late forties says. "I thought you were a robber or something. There were cases like these recently and they all happened in broad daylight so be careful now, okay?"

 

Baekhyun smiles. The woman may be an airhead and kind of aggressive at times — who else could possibly throw a frying pan from the kitchen to the front door and have it hit the target square in the face in less than 2 seconds — but she's kind and really sweet, too, and Baekhyun just loves the fact that his master inherited those traits from her. 

 

"Okay, I will. Thanks ahjumah."

 

The woman chuckles. "Didn't I tell you to call me 'mom'? Oh and we'd better deal that little bruise on your forehead," she says as she gently caresses the small injured area in the middle of Baekhyun's forehead. "Wouldn't want you looking shabby on your birthday."

 

Baekhyun looks momentarily taken aback for a moment before asking the woman, "Wait, you know it's my birthday?"

 

The woman gives him another kind smile and helps him into the living room as she looks for the first aid kit. She finds it with ease and sets off to work with the antiseptic and bandage. 

 

"Of course I would know it's your birthday. How could I not remember my future son-in-law's birthday?"

 

A blush appears on Baekhyun's face and the lady gives a satisfied smirk. 

 

"Ahju- um, I mean, 'mom'," Baekhyun cringes as the word is foreign when referring to this woman. "You...you know?"

 

The woman gives him a knowing smile and laughs. "It's okay, it's not that obvious. I just have an eye for this," she says jokingly and they both laugh. "But don't take too long because that girl is dense and when she falls, she'll probably fall hard, so be there to catch her when she does, arraso?"

 

Baekhyun nods and the woman, satisfied with his answer, bandages his little scratch mark and ushers him upstairs. "Okay, good. I won't tell, but for now, you have to at least do your job, Baek."

 

Baekhyun chuckles and salutes to the woman. "Yes, mom. I will." And with that he marches up the stairs to fulfill his daily duties. 

 

Baekhyun feels rather disappointed in all honesty when what greets his eyes are the same usual view he gets every other morning: a sleeping girl that is vicious even in her slumber. Baekhyun had secretly hoped that despite everything he'd put the girl through, she would at least remember his birthday and make it even the slightest bit easier by waking up by herself for once, but, of course, that's just wishful thinking on his part. 

 

Sighing, Baekhyun begrudgingly approaches the lump of slumber infested girl and pokes her gently, his mood hitting rock bottom. The lump, not being considerate of Baekhyun's feelings even in the slightest, groans and simply turns over, forcing another loud grumble from the birthday boy. Baekhyun is already upset enough as it is, so why does the girl he love have to make his day worse?

 

Losing his patience quicker than usual, Baekhyun pulls the sheets from the girl and removes the pillow, exposing her to the cold air in the room. The girl shivers and curls up into a ball at first but she also peeks out from an eye to glare at her dream intruder. 

 

"Baekhyun," she says curtly, as if she doesn't get this treatment from the boy very other day when he's out of it. 

 

Baekhyun nods slowly, expecting the anger to burst from her any time now. She forgot his birthday anyway, what should he expect from her after this?

 

"Get my breakfast ready in five; I have some stuff to do in school so I'll be leaving first." She then drags herself out of bed without another word and goes to get herself ready for the day. 

 

Baekhyun remains rooted to the ground, momentarily stunned. He hadn't expected that, but rather than relived, he's also kinda disappointed. Maybe it's because he's used to being treated like a slave and it feels weird, as if something's missing, but it can also be because when she reprimands him, he gets at least some attention from the girl. Just now, it was like she didn't even give a about him, and Baekhyun would rather get scolded any other day than have to serve a master like that. 

 

But he doesn't say anything and do as he's told, because she sounded serious and Baekhyun isn't really in the mood after that little treatment. After waiting for 10 minutes and deciding that she shouldn't be so slow if she's racing against time, Baekhyun wanders into her room and sees emptiness and it's only then that he realises whether he likes it or not, he has to walk to school alone, on his birthday, because his beloved master just ditched him. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun expected to have at least his best friends, Chen and Chanyeol, to cheer him up and maybe even wish him or just something but no, they treat him the same as any other day, if not less, because to Baekhyun, it seems like everyone close to him - other than the exception of his family and the girl's mother - totally forgot about his big day and is somehow paying even less attention to him than usual. If this is a way of showing him am unforgettable birthday, Baekhyun doesn't want it because memorable or not, he doesn't like it in the least. His master also seems to have disappeared from his life completely, seeing as she doesn't even flinch or realise what today is after majority of the people passing both her and Baekhyun wished him a happy birthday. Baekhyun just wants the day to end. 

 

And just like that, school ends with nothing happening, and it felt more unbearable than usual to Baekhyun, if that's possible. He throws his bag aside and plops down on his bed, lying face down. In all honesty, he's waiting for something to happen. Any time now, the people he cares about will burst through the door and celebrate his birthday with him. 

 

But no. Dinner comes and goes, with a bit of a celebration feast with his family (but since it's a school night, they don't go all out), homework is done and there's nothing to do but still, there isn't a single ring of the front door and the only thing going on is the endless phone calls from Baekhyun's distant family and hell, even some of those primary school friends whom Baekhyun doesn't remember

 

Sulking in his room, Baekhyun is throwing a hissy fit and is taking it out on his pillow when his windows open without warning and in step in 12 familiar faces that he's glad yet mad to see. 

 

"Happy birthday, Byun Baek!" They all say in chorus and clap vigorously. Baekhyun's smile is tight and he manages a small thanks but no sooner do the words flow out does he lose his temper and burst right there. 

 

"Guys, what the hell?! I've been waiting for at least a small wish since I woke up and you guys come like, what, almost midnight? My birthday would've been over in a few minutes!" Baekhyun whines. 

 

Smiles go around and Chanyeol steps up, grinning and asking Baekhyun casually. "And just exactly how many more minutes till your day is over?"

 

Baekhyun wants to scream but he glances at the clock anyway. "16 minutes," he says finally. It isn't until everyone is giggling like high school girls does Baekhyun finally get why. 

 

"Really, guys?" Baekhyun shakes his head and places his hands on his hips. "This is just so...so...." 

 

"Ingenious?" Sehun asks cheekily. 

 

"Smart and it's totally my idea." Kris pipes in. 

 

"Sweet and thoughtful?" Kyungsoo helps and they argue among each other until Baekhyun speaks his mind, loud and clear enough to shut everyone up. 

 

"Stupid."

 

Silence falls on the room and nobody moves until Luhan laughs and points his index finger at Tao. "I told you he wouldn't get it! You owe me 15 bucks, panda."

 

Baekhyun finally cracks a smile and laughs as Tao looks at Luhan as if he just asked for his life. "But-but...hyung!"

 

Everyone laughs and Tao is the only one grumbling as he hands over the rest of his allowance. There goes his lunch for the rest of the week

 

"Wait, wait, you didn't think we came empty handed, right?" Xiumin asks and Baekhyun, already expecting at least 12 presents, opens his arms widely and of course, a strawberry cake is presented, along with 12 gifts. 

 

"Aww, you guys shouldn't have..." Baekhyun says as he admires each present. 

 

"Really, now?" Kai asks jokingly and before Baekhyun can retort, Kai snatches away a few of Baekhyun's gifts and the others watch and chuckle as they run around the small room like kids, trying to see who will get the present in the end. Naturally, Baekhyun gets it back, but he doesn't have the pleasure of ripping the wrapper off and guessing what the content is. 

 

"A lifetime supply of strawberry milk." Baekhyun bites back a smile and gives Kai a look. "Really? The best you can come up with?"

 

Kai shrugs and waves him off. "You will appreciate my gift when you have the sudden craving. Trust me; you'll love me for life."

 

Laugher goes around once more as the remaining presents are opened and more jokes are made. From little things to even a huge Rikkakuma plushie about the size of Baekhyun, it miraculously takes exactly 16 minutes and when the laughter dies down, it's midnight and Baekhyun's day is officially over. 

 

"Well then," Chen deadpans before reaching for the cake. "Looks like birthday's over, birthday boy. Wake up now." And the cake gets thrown at Baekhyun's face immediately. 

 

No one goes to help him because they're all too busy laughing and hi-fiving each other. Kyungsoo only goes to help him when Lay mentions about how the strawberry and cream might get into Baekhyun's nose if he inhales and only some of the sane people care enough to help Baekhyun clean up. 

 

Surely, after that fiasco, Baekhyun is more than glad to kick them out. 

 

"Alright guys, it's almost one now. We still have school tomorrow so leave. Now." Protests are short because nobody wants to deal with school and since they came in through the window, any later would be dangerous. Goodbyes are said and one after another, the twelve leave, but not without a few exceptions lingering for a few minutes for a last exchange of words. 

 

"Yah, wait." Baekhyun is the first to stop the girl from leaving. The others know well enough by now to leave matters between them alone because the girl is... A special case. 

 

"Did you really forget my birthday or were you in all this? You barely spoke to me all day." Baekhyun doesn't know why he has the urge to know but rather than have his hopes up, he thinks it's better to ask and know the reality behind it. 

 

The girl blinks and scoffs. "Of course I knew! Why did you think I left early? I had to add finishing touches on the cake and I couldn't let you know either. And if I gave anything away, it wouldn't be a surprise!" The girl then smiles cheekily and asks, "so was it worth the wait?"

 

The cuteness is unbearable, Baekhyun thinks, but he doesn't say that and simply envelops her in a hug. "Yeah, it was great. Thanks. All of you, really. I love it."

 

"Hey, hey, I'm your master here. No affection! Hands off now, puppy. Slave day is over." Baekhyun chuckles and shakes his head. He may have expected this but hearing it from her is definitely more adorable than he thought it would be. One more wave goodbye and she's out the window. 

 

"You just missed your chance to kiss her goodnight. No wonder Chanyeol said you were horrible at this," Sehun says and Suho merely nods in agreement. 

 

"What are you two still doing here? Didn't you leave already?!" A blush crosses Baekhyun's face because oh gosh they saw all that I am so dead when word gets out I hate my life. 

 

But the two boys shake their head with a small smile and offer the boy a small pat on the back. 

 

"Tell you what, we have a part two to your gift, and it's a joint one from all eleven of us," Suho informs Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun his head in confusion. "Eleven? Who—"

 

"It's a date. With your 'master'," Sehun replies with the hand sign to complete and Baekhyun can only stare at them like a tomato rooted in place. 

 

"What— why— how— are—"

 

"We got it all covered," Sehun assures. 

 

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll make sure it works so just relax, and take it easy," Suho adds and one final pat of the back before out they both go to their respective homes. 

 

Now Baekhyun really questions if they came only 16 minutes before midnight because now, it feels like he's stuck in a dream. A dream that is likely to happen on the night before his birthday. 

 

But it course Baekhyun's not that lucky in life and everything is real and even though he's happy, he's so worried he would prefer it if they all just went in a road trip. Life would be so much easier that way. 

 

 


 

 

 

Happy 23rd Birthday Byun Baek!

Hope you had a great day today :3

And I'm so sorry I don't have Tao or Xiumin done. I'm working on Xiumin's (very slowly) I don't have an idea for Tao, and I probably won't do Suho so soon either because, well, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. 

Whale, I have exams coming up but after that I'm free as hell so, look forward to it? And this chapter is like 2-3 chapters early because I honestly thought I write chapters faster than this otl but I'm like 77% perfectionist so I wanted my white day, valentines day and april fools day to be perfect. to be me :p

But I'm glad I didn't start on  suju birthday plan because if I did, I would literally have to prepare at least one one-shot for their birthdays each month except december. really. wanna check?

 

Jan 

1st - Sungmin

12th - Kyungsoo (D.O)

13th - Kaisoo Day

14th - Kai

17th - Kangin

Feb

3rd - Kyuhyun

10th - Hangeng/Hankyung

March

26th - Xiumin

April

4th - Eunhyuk

7th - Siwon

12th - Sehun

16th - Hunhan day  //i didnt do this too //

19th - Zhoumi

20th - Luhan (and mine otl)

May

2nd - Tao

6th - Byun Baek

13th - L (Kim Myungsoo) //just because xD//

22nd - Suho

June

21st - Ryeowook

July

1st - Leeteuk

10th - Heechul

August

21st - Kibum

24th - Yesung

September

21st - Chen

23rd - Key //again, just because//

28th - Shindong

October

10th - Lay

11th - Henry

15th - Donghae

November

3rd - Ren //Nu'est//

4th - T.O.P //BigBang//

6th - Kris

27th - Chanyeol

December

FINALLY FREE OMG

 

Anyway you get my point right.

So, no bashing ok. I somehow have a life too