16 Years Later…

THE STEREOTYPICAL DRAMA: AIRPORT EDITION

 

At the Korean Air Flight Airport in Seoul:

 

“Nana, wait up will you?!” Seri quickly pinned on her nametag that identified her as a flight attendant and touched up her lipstick before rushing out of the bathroom after her friend.

“Seriously, why are you in such a hurry?”

 

She caught up to Nana and heard another voice coming from her left. Eunji popped up next to her, leaving the break room with five different snacks stuffed in her purse.

“It’s cause she wants to catch sight of the hunky president. Right, Nana?” Eunji linked arms with Seri and smirked. “She’s hoping he’ll notice her and then maybe become her sugar daddy.”

 

Nana only grinned, not even bothering to deny the accusation, and whipped out her signature perfume.

“It’s,” she sprayed lightly on her wrist and neck, “all about subtlety.”

Like a lioness ready to strike, she strutted towards the main path the president tended to walk through to check on his shops and employees.  She turned back to her friends, walking backwards and telling them coyly, “If you really want to kn-“

 

“Nana!” Seri gasped reaching out to grab her hand, but she was too far away. Nana had tripped over her own feet and was falling backwards at a dangerous rate. Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around her seconds before she hit the ground and gently lifted her back up.

 

“Oh,” Nana breathed, looking up at her savior.

“President Noh, your timing is impeccable.” She smiled prettily, placing a slender hand on his chest.

 

Seri used this time to really look at President Noh. She had heard stories about him. In fact all the flight attendants gossiped about him regularly.

They said he had major “family problems” and he had also dated and dumped almost every girl working at the airport.
Seri leaned back, evaluating his profile. She could understand why all the girls would fall for him. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a well-built body. Yummy.

 

President Noh grinned cheekily, touching Nana lightly on the nose.
“That’s why I’m the President. But are you okay…” he looked at her nametag, “Seri?”

 

“Seri?” Nana frowned, looking down at her shirt where her nametag was pinned.

“Oh, no I’m not-“ Nana was cut off as President Noh’s assistant whispered in his ear.

 

“Tell him I’ll be right there.” He smiled at Nana and bowed. “Nice running into you, Seri. Maybe we’ll meet again and I can buy you a meal. Like a proper gentlemen.” He turned sharply on his heel and walked away.

 

Nana fell into Seri’s arms.

“He’s a dream,” she sighed, looking star struck and lovesick all at the same time.

 

“He’s a professional player is what he is,” Eunji clucked, shaking her head at his retreating figure. “You shouldn’t get mixed up with people like that…”

 

“Oh please. I know how to handle men. Even men with billions of dollars in their bank and model looks to boot,” Nana squealed, jumping up and down, almost bumping into Seri’s chin.

 

“Okay, okay! We get it! But tell me seriously… you fell on purpose, knowing he would catch you at that exact time?” Seri wondered in amazement.

 

“Love is a science, sweetheart.” Nana lowered her eyes to a sultry gaze and flipped her hair. “If you want the man, you gotta do the math. Write that down in a notebook and it’ll carry you far.”

 

The girls laughed when Nana suddenly sobered and looked thoughtful.

 

“Bad news though… he thinks my name is Seri… We must have grabbed each other’s name tags instead of our own when we were in a rush to leave the bathroom.”

 

Seri took off Nana’s nametag and handed it to her. “Well you can fix that the next time you see him.”
 

“Okay, but if he comes looking for me but finds you instead because he thinks my name is Seri, make sure you direct him to me!” Nana huffed, putting her pin on.

 

Suddenly a harsh clicking sound rang through the long corridor. The girls immediately stiffened. Only one woman in the whole world could command such power just from the sound of her heels.

 

Vice President Noh Hyun-mi. President Noh’s stepsister.


Seri gulped. She had been working at Korean Air Flight for only half a year and yet was already very familiar with the infamous VP. Rumors said that she held the real power and conducted the real business transactions, while President Noh was only president because he was the son. A figure piece. A puppet.

 

“Good morning VP Noh.” The three attendants bowed.

 

The VP only nodded with a small half-smile before continuing her purposeful trek down the hall.

 

“Look at her clothes. Flawless. I would kill to have that skirt.” Seri whispered, watching the stylish woman click away.

 

“Or her heels. Man if I could get my hands on a pair of those… I wouldn’t have to work so hard to seduce Woo Jae.” Nana grumbled.

 

“Shh… you shouldn’t call the President by his first name!” Eunji reprimanded.

 

“Why not?” Nana giggled. “We’ll be sharing last names soon enough!”

 

Seri playfully smacked her friend on the shoulder. “Come on, we’re going to be late meeting the new pilot.”