Chapter 30

My Gangster

Chapter 30

 

This Friday felt like it was taking forever to get over with. Lunch went by like a blur and Jung Ah had decided not to come to school, leaving me alone here once again. I finally understand how she felt whenever I skipped out, but hey, at least I had a good reason to not be here. She, on the other hand, just didn't want to come. I happened to be in the hospital everytime I wasn't here... Anyways... Our teacher had decided that we deserved an hour and a half of break because she was tired and her head was spinning. I wasn't complaining and neither were my classmates; why would we? Instead of staying in the classroom like she demanded us to, I slipped out quietly and made my way around school. I couldn't spend my time stuck there while I could be doing something else, even if that something else was nothing.

I made my way towards the back of the building since I'm sure it was clear due to everyone being in class. I plugged in my headphones and turned up my music, not caring that it was loud and passerbies could probably hear it. I found an empty bench seat and decided to sit down. I crossed my legs and leaned back against the cool brick wall. My head slung a little bit over to the side as I looked through my phone. I found myself looking at the pictures that Se Hun and I had taken together back in Busan. I was smiling as I flipped through each one. They were cute and we kind of looked like a couple in the pictures. It made me wish that we were still there... Together.

Wait. What? Did I just...? Oh no. Why was I thinking and wishing that? I turned my phone off to the black screen and set my phone to my side. I shook my head, trying to get out these weird thoughts. What is wrong with me? I could feel my heartbeat going crazy inside of me. I slightly hit my chest and took deep breaths. No way. There was no way that I was feeling this way, right? Haha. No way. I blew out a few more breaths and then rested my head back against the wall. I picked my phone up again and looked at the picture that was on the screen. It was the picture of where I was staring at him, smiling, while he was smiling at the camera. Goodness... This was making me crazy.

"You know, if someone were to walk by, they'd think that you're crazy."

Even though my music was loud, I clearly heard someone talking to me. I turned my head and saw Choi Jae Hyun walking towards me with his hands in his pockets. How long has he been watching me and why was he even here? When he got closer to me, he sat down beside me, as if he thought it was okay and crossed his legs as well. His presence didn't seem annoying to me and it bothered me that it didn't. He seemed more relaxed than any other days we've encountered each other. Why? I don't know and I hope it wasn't because he was up to anything.

"Were you watching me?" I asked crossing my arms, looking straight ahead.

"No." He tilted his head so he could look at me. "I walked by and saw you going crazy."

I slowly nodded my head awkwardly.

"How's your arm doing?" That was not something I was expecting to hear from him. I thought he was going to start an argument with me. Well, maybe I shouldn't jinx it. We were having a real conversation... For once. "Did it heal?"

"Mmm." I replied quietly as I nodded my head.

"I heard some girl came here and claimed to be dating Oh Se Hun." He scoffed, as if he enjoyed this. "I guess you've already lost, huh?"

I turned over to him and rolled my eyes. "You believe her?"

"Why not? She seemed serious about you getting out of their lives." He chuckled.

"How do you find this funny?" I asked annoyed.

"I find it funny because you said you'd get out of their lives without hesitation." Jae Hyun shook his head with a smile. "You know, Ahn Soo Jin, I never get your intentions."

"What are you talking about?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Did you forget about our bet?" He asked. "Did you forget that you have about only three weeks left before all of this ends?"

"Do you enjoy counting how many days there are left till you shave your head?" I laughed, only to realize that my comeback was probably terrible. Maybe I should learn how to not speak from now on.

"No, I'm couting down the days that our lips meet." Jae Hyun's face suddenly was a few inches away from mine. "I already like this feeling, Ahn Soo Jin. Don't you?"

I looked over at him and noticed how close our faces actually were, but for some reason, I couldn't make myself move away from him. He was staring down at my lips and I couldn't help but feel the urge to punch him across the face this very moment. I know, you're probably thinking why I would think that if I won't even move my face, but seriously... Couldn't he move his face instead? I was here first.

"Did you just want to get it over with and do it now?" He raised his eyebrow as he leaned towards me.

I would have done anything to puke on him. He was lucky that nothing was coming out even when I was trying to find a way to let out my food.

"I've always wanted to do this." I couldn't tell if he was joking or not since Jae Hyun looked really serious at this very moment. "Why don't we try it now and then we can forget about the bet? Don't you think it'll be better and besides, Soo Jin, no one will see if we do it this instant."

"You're sick." I shook my head as I finally turned straight ahead to avoid him.

"I enjoy seeing you like this." I turned to look back at him. I didn't get his comment. "But I guess at the same time... I don't enjoy it either."

"It's my turn to say, 'I don't get your intentions.'" I was beyond confused by his words.

"I hope you didn't forget what this bet was about." Jae Hyun said ignoring my comment as he looked at his feet. "Don't forget that the deal was that you have to make Oh Se Hun fall for you. I better not see that in the end, you're the one who's falling in love with him instead."

I scoffed. "What makes you think I'd fall for Oh Se Hun?"

"You never know, Ahn Soo Jin." Jae Hyun finally stood up from the bench and looked down at me, his hands still his pockets. "People's feelings grow when you're with someone often. Even if you don't want to admit, I'm sure you're already getting there."

"You think I already like him?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Someone is falling in love right now." He kicked the ground and turned around to walk off. "We'll all found out who it is." He yelled the last part when he turned the corner of the hallway.

My hands were fiddling with each other. When Jae Hyun had left me alone here, it had me thinking a lot. What did he mean by his last few words that were said? Why is everyone leaving me with unanswered questions? Do they not know how frustrating it is for a person like me to have these kind of situation happen? He was just like that stupid gangster kid. Damn. Tell me again why there were people like that surrounding me. Goodness. I'm so sick of all these thoughts that I can't even figure out. 

 

 

"What? What did Choi Jae Hyun mean by that?" Jung Ah shouted through the phone, making my ear pop.

I guess her voice came back; she had forgotten what whispering was once again. I had just got done telling her my conversation with Jae Hyun when I was on my way home from school. Because I wanted to talk to her, I decided to just walk instead of taking the bus; it was better anyways. I didn't need people staring at me while I talked about my private life. It was enough that the whole school seemed to know everything about me when I knew nothing about any of my classmates. Maybe this is how celebrities live... Yup. I won't ever go there. I'm going to stay Ahn Soo Jin... Who's good in academics. Yeah. Academics...

"Why didn't you ask him?" Jung Ah was probably rolling her eyes at me and punching me across the face in her head right now. I couldn't really blame her because if we had switched roles, I'd be thinking that way too.

"How could I ask him if he didn't give me the chance?" I asked a little frustratedly. "And besides, I asked a question and he ignored it."

"Waaah, what is up with everyone?" Jung Ah scoffed angrily. "This bet is so stupid. First of all, Oh Se Hun already knows that it's a bet so he won't fall for you so easily and second of all, what makes Jae Hyun wanting to keep this bet if there's only three weeks left and there's no progress?"

No progress? I found myself rolling my eyes at what she had said. I don't know why, but I kind of felt offended that she said that there was no progress going on. Hey, I've risked my life in dangerous situations and I'm sure if it were any other girl at our school, they would have transferred and what not! Okay. So what if it doesn't seem like Se Hun likes me... I've been trying for almost three months now and did everyone forget that he was a freaking mob gangster? God, I was really frustrated now.

"Soo Jin-ah." Jung Ah said my name a few times, but this was the only time I heard it. "Why aren't you answering me?"

"I'm sorry. What'd you say?" I asked a little bit irritated.

"I asked if you liked Se Hun." Jung Ah repeated.

I froze at her question. I didn't know what to say and there were so many things running through my mind right when she asked me. I don't even know my own feelings. How could I confirm something I didn't understand?

"Soo Jin, answer me." Jung Ah said softly.

What do I say? I honestly didn't know my own feelings at this point.

"Well?"

"No." I said after a few seconds.

"Good. You shouldn't like him even though he's saved you about eleven times already." I can't believe she was still keeping count. "At least when this all ends, there aren't any loose feelings."

"Loose feelings?" I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yeah... Like... You won't regret it. It's not like you're going to be with him any longer." Jung Ah said it so casually that I felt bitter inside about the whole situation. "After these last three weeks fly by, you'll be back to your normal life. You won't have to bother with Se Hun anymore and if he did fall for you, you won't be bothered by that jerk, Choi Jae Hyun anymore."

Back to my normal life, huh? Thinking about it made me kind of sad. Just because all of this happened doesn't mean I didn't enjoy any of it. Wait. No. Scratch that. I take that back. I'm glad that this will all be over in a few weeks. That means I can focus on my final exams that are coming up in a month and I won't have to worry about stupid people in my life anymore. It'll be even better when Jae Hyun gets off my back and leaves me alone and I see his head shaved... Yes. Jung Ah's right. I couldn't wait until my life was back to normal... No more stupid gangster kid... No more...

 

 


 

**A/N: Hai subbies! It's been a week since I've updated and that's so long -_-" Lol. Here's an update for you guys even though it's kind of short and boring. Keke~! By the way, I'm going on another week hiatus because of school :/ (2PM) I'll be back~! *cries. But thank you for subbing and upvoting <3 It really does make me happy and for those who comment, thank you! I love reading people's comments; they make me want to write more! Sankq! Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!