HBD

Happy Birthday Kkamjong!

Let's pre-celebrate my birthday together.

 

Today I had received a call from Kai. Whatever he's about to tell me, I couldn't careless. I have decided to take this opportunity to confess my feelings, I just need a confirmation. We're bestfriends, but I know we're more than that, there's something between us that only us can understand. We're not even a couple but I want our relationship to be labeled like that.

I've waited patiently at our favorite hang out. I bought him his favorite cake, I hope he'll like it. He told me that he'll arrived within five minutes, but twenty minutes had passed since he told me. Everytime I check my watch I became more angsty. I don't want to wait anymore, he knows very well that I hate wasting time waiting for someone. I grabbed my purse and went out, leaving behind the cake I bought.

 


 

 I was walking towards the school gate when I felt someone throw his arms around me, I know it's Kai but I didn't mind. I was angry at him for making me wait.

"How's your day?" He asked me. Honestly, it went insane, I got crazy. This guy is so oblivious. Did he even forgot that he ditch me? I want to kick him now on his groin.

"It couldn't be better." I said bluntly. After that he didn't mind to construct another conversation with me. I have no plan to greet him a happy birthday, tch. "I have my class. Bye." And with that I left him.

I had managed to avoid him the whole day, eating alone under the tree and hiding at the library because I know that he knows that library is not my comfort zone.

When the bell ring for the last subject was heard, I immediately dashed out of the room, another way to avoid Kai, I have to go home now.

"Irra!" I heard that familiar voice calling my name, and I fastened my pace. I jolted when he managed to grabbed my shoulder. "Are you avoiding me?"

"Of course not!" I lied.

"Seems like." He said and tapped his chin while he raised his eye brow.

I was about to bid my goodbye when someone interrupt my monologue. It was Jin, oh this girl, really? I hate her, so clingy around Kai. Always interrupting my talk with Kai. Tch.

"Thanks for, you know, last night." She said and batted her eyelashes. Last night? So they went out that's why he forgot about our pre-celebration of his birthday? Great. This is great. Really! I rolled my eyes, turned around before I hear their conversation and before I lose my temper and kicked her face, without saying goodbye.

I had managed to get out of the campus, twenty more steps and I'm out of this school. "Irra. Wait!" Here he goes again. I got angry and so I turned to face him.

"Why don't you go back to Jin and enjoy celebrating your birthday with her?" I emphasized.

"Am I sensing a jealousy here?" He joked. I have no time to play games.

"What if I am?" I asked, he was taken aback by my sudden out burst. Confirmed. He can't like me because he sees me as a friend. And Jin is his type that's why he choose to ditch me for their date. "Whatever. I'm out." I said and walked away.

Before I could even go futher away from him, he dragged me going to the back of the school. When he's sure that we're away from the other students he let go of me and I rubbed my pinkish wrist. "What the hell?" I asked still rubbing my wrist. When I sensed that he has no plan to talk I talked first. "I've waited for you at the shop but you didn't came and I was about to confess to you that I like you but you were actually with Jin all night, like seriously? You should've told me so that I didn't have to wait for you. That was kind of annoying that I actually waited for you but at least now I don't have to wait for you."

"Can you please let me explain?"

"Go. You don't owe me an explanation." I said and took a step back. "Jin is probably waiting for you."

He grabbed both my shoulder and kissed me. I was startled for a minute. "Why did you kissed me?"

"Because you won't stop blabbering." He said and took a deep breathe. "I'm sorry I ditched you last night. Something came up."

"Jin came up."

"Let me finish. And Jin, we just accidentally met when I was going home from the shop. I came at the shop but I was late. I invited you because I have something to tell you."

"That you and Jin got together?"

"NO! I was about to tell you that I love you."

"I don't need your sympathy." I said and looked away avoiding his gaze.

"Look, I was waiting for this day to finally confess to you. I want us to be official. I want us to be labeled as Boyfriend-girlfriend. I don't want to be satisfied with our friendship. And I'm risking our current relationship to ask you if you want to be my Girlfriend." He said and grabbed both my hands, caressing them with his thumbs.

"Kai-" I stumbled to my own words. I don't know how to put my feelings into words, so I just nod shyly and locked eyes with him.

He grabbed my body and locked me into his embrace. I was enjoying when he broke the hug and stare into my eyes. "Thank you Irra." And pecked my lips and hugged me again.

 

"This is the best Birthday gift you gave me."

 


 

FIN