Secrets

Dating Jung Yonghwa's Daughter

Yonghwa drew out a long sigh of relief as the car's engine died down. Work had been tough today, being the monthly evaluatuon of trainees, but the sight of his front yard was already working its magic. He felt a bit better already. He rubbed his neck and shoulder muscles before slowly getting out of the car.

Man, I'm getting old.  He jumped in shock as he stepped on a squeaking ball on the driveway. He chuckled as he picked it up. Yongyongie, that kid, he thought as he threw it into a box in the garage.

"Samchon, look out!"

Yonghwa's head snapped up as he saw a basketball head towards him. He quickly brought up an arm defensively. He grunted when the ball hit his shoulder, leaving a dusty mark on his tweed jacket.

"Samchon, are you alright? Samchon? Jaehyun got too excited and threw the ball too far."

Yonghwa peered out from behind his arm to see seventeen-year-old Jonghoon looking at him anxiously. His younger brother was peeking from behind him.

He straightened up from his position and flicked off the dirt from his jacket. "I'm fine boys, no harm done."

"I'm sorry Samchon, it was an accident," eleven-year-old Jaehyun whispered from behind his hyung. Yonghwa reached out and ruffled the kid's hair.

"Hey, it's okay kiddo, forget about it." He straightened up and spoke to Jonghoon. "Wanna shoot some hoops with this old samchon?" he said. "Loser treats with ddukbokki," he added with a grin.

Jonghoon gave him a huge dimpled smile. "You're on."

"Go on ahead out to the court. I'll just change. And bring your father, he owes me a ball game."

Jonghoon laughed and gave him a jaunty salute as he pulled his brother off.

Yonghwa grinned. That kid is so nice. Jonghyun must be proud of his boy, he chuckled to himself. He then gave a sigh as he remembered the four pink bedrooms upstairs. Darned lucky Jonghyun...

*-*-*-*-*

"Girls, come on down, dinner's ready!"

Running feet sounded down the staircase and in the hallway heading towards the dining room. The twins came in first before Mee Yon and their youngest.

"Mommy, girls AND boy," three-year-old Yongyong whined as he followed his noonas into the room. Seohyun smiled at her youngest child. He sometimes acted too much like a grownup.

"Well, are YOU a boy, Yongyong?!" Hyunnie noona teased as she came in from the kitchen with a big bowl of soup. A round of giggles went around the room as the noonas teased their baby brother.

Little Yongyong cross his chubby arms and stomped his foot. "I'm a boy!" he shouted crossly. Seohyun grinned before picking up her little boy. "Of course you are sweetie, of course you are," she said, kissing him on the cheek as she sat him in his chair.

"Boys are gross," Mee Yon noona teased as she reached out for a spoon.

"No we're not!" Lil Yongyong fired back.

"Oh yes they are! They smell funny," Hwayoung noona added with a grin. They all got a kick out of teasing the lil kid.

"Well... Daddy's a boy, and he smells nice!" Yongyong proudly exclaimed.

"Girls, stop teasing your brother..." Seohyun warned, hiding a smile.

"Well, I think Hyunnie unnie doesn't think boys are gross," He Ran injected into the conversation. Everyone looked at the eldest and teased, "Ooohhhhhh~~~"

"Shut up you guys, dad-"

"Is here!!! Wow something smells nice!" Yonghwa called out as he entered the dining room, still in his sports outfit.

"Ewww Dad, it's definitely not you, though," twelve-year-old HeRan wailed as she got a whiff of her sweaty dad.

"Whut?! I smell nice, don't I Yongyong?!" Yonghwa defended as he raised a hand to his boy, who grinned and gave him a high-five.

"How was your game dear? Did you win?" Seohyun asked, scooping some food onto a plate for her husband.

"Unfortunately... I lost," Yonghwa explained with a grimace, slipping his tired and aching body into his chair at the head of the table. "That darned Jonghyun didn't show up so I played one-on-one with his boy. That's why I gotta feed him! Hoonie, come in boy! We'll need another plate, Hyunnie."

"I'll get it unnie, stay in your seat please," Hwayoung said loudly, jumping out of her seat and forcing her unnie to stay seated. She grinned and gave a wink to the bewildered Hyunnie.

"Hey guys! Hi Auntie Seohyun, sorry for barging in like this. Samchon insisted," Jonghoon said as he stood by the doorway to the dining room.

Seohyun stood up and pulled the seat on Yonghwa's left side, right across from Hyunnie. "Oh no sweetheart, it's alright. You beat your samchon in the game, we just have to feed you, right girls?!" she said, looking straight at her eldest. Her daughter was pleading with her eyes, but she gave her a wink and smiled.

"Hi girls, Yongyong," Jonghoon greeted on his way to the seat, ruffling the lil kid's hair. Yongyong glared at him and fixed his hair back neatly.

"Hi Hyunnie," Jonghoon said softly,his smile wider as he sat down. Hyunnie gave him a little wave and stared back at her plate, blush creeping onto her cheeks. Seohyun averted her eyes as she smiled and proceeded to stack food on a plate for their guest.

"Whew I'm famished! Everything looks yummy!" Yonghwa said, rubbing his hands together before diving into the food. "Mmmmm... Mommy's such great cook, don't you think so girls? Oh Hoonie, eat up, eat up!" he encouraged the boy.

Hyunnie was pushing her food around her plate, suddenly too nervous to eat.

"Yah yah Hyunnie, why aren't you eating? Are you on a diet?!" Yonghwa exclaimed when he saw what his daughter was doing.

"Yeah, well that's coz she's--"

HeRan stood up suddenly and covered her chatty twin's mouth with her hand. "Uhh Mom, Dad, we're done eating, can we go now? We've got loads of homework."

"Yah, HeRan, why are you doing that to your twin?" Yonghwa asked in surprise, his attention taken away from his eldest.

"Mmmnggggmmmnnngggg," Hwayoung was trying to say.

"Go ahead girls! Ace that homework, will you?" Seohyun said with a big smile and winking at HeRan, who nodded and dragged her twin away.

"What's up with those girls? If I knew better, I'd say they've got secrets," Yonghwa said, confused.

A fork fell down on the floor.

"Ummm... I'm sorry, I'll get it-"

"No Hyunnie, I'll get it-"

Seohyun could barely keep her smile now as she watched her daughter and Yoona's son scramble to the floor on their hands and knees to get the fork. She looked over at her oblivious husband who was enjoying every bite of his dinner.

She decided not to tell him anything. Let him figure it out all on his own. It was more fun that way.

"Alright sweetie, just one more bite and we're done," Seohyun said as she brought up another spoonful of food to Little Yongyong's mouth, but still watching the spectacle on the floor.

Oh yes... she couldn't wait for her husband to find out.