「2」

When The Sun Rises 「PREVIEW」

“You’ve been sleeping for a very long time, Lina. Get dressed and go outside!” her mother fussed before slamming the door shut. Lina slowly sat up, too upset to argue back, too tired to put any effort into a shower. Her mother made it seem as if she had slept well into the evening.

 

It was only 10:30am.

 

And it was Saturday…

 

She scoffed and propped herself up against the headrest, her body turned towards the window, her mind somewhere off into the universe. There were two birds in the oak tree outside the window, twittering with unbelievable energy. Back and forth, as if they were having a conversation.

 

Or arguing.

 

Mama bird caught Daddy bird in another nest while out to gather food for their children. It turns out that he’s been flying around and his latest affair was with his best fri-

 

Lina’s mental story was interrupted when the quiet afternoon still was shattered with the metallic crash or a pull down trunk. She adjusted herself so she could get a better look at the source.

 

A moving truck? She didn’t know of any vacant houses, and she definitely didn’t know that the one across from her was empty. She stared intently as a tall, slender young man exited the front. He was followed by a smaller, older-looking woman that she could only assume to be his mother. Or girlfriend? He looks a little too old to be living with his parents still, she thought, laughing.

 

Oh, wait. So do I.

 

Shaking the thought out of her head, she watched as the male pulled a giant, rusty dolly from the back. He began to load boxes while the woman took the suitcases.

 

“Lina! I thought I told you to go and...why are you halfway out of your window? Who are you looking at?”

 

She mumbled, “New neighbors.” The boy put the final box onto the the dolly before turning his gaze towards Lina’s house. She didn’t know how, but he seemed to meet her eyes, even through the closed blinds. She jumped back, hitting her head against the wall.

 

Her mom snorted, “Why don’t you go out and say ‘hi’ like a normal human instead of sitting here like a ert?” and why don’t you leave me to my life? she sneered in her mind after her mother closed the door.

 

No use in just lying there and doing nothing all day. She decided to get up and take a quick shower before throwing on whatever was nearby and heading downstairs. She grabbed a pack of Oreos out of the pantry before bounding out of the door. Maybe she’ll play the whole “Howdy! Welcome to the neighborhood.” bit and he won’t find it weird that she’s holding these instead of pie.

 

He was just closing the trunk when she entered onto his lawn.

 

“Need something?” he questioned, not even turning around. She stepped back, confused and unable to get any words out.

 

Walking towards his house, he added, “I’m allergic to chocolate.”

 

She focused her eyes on the cookies in her hand, even more bewildered than before. How did he know? What just happened?


Who is this man?


Ooh, mysterious character, anyone? ♥Taeyeon♥