The Start and the End

Even I can Say Aishteru

 

 

 

         Kaito sighed seeing the wonderfully hectic life of Tokyo vanish as he went closer and closer to a more rural area of Japan. He was going to go live with some Korean family for a year in a sort of student transfer program.

         “Thank god I still have you guys…” He said turning around to look at his two best friends. Takeshi Sato and Aki Takahashi. Takeshi was always the most violent of all of them he had the strength of probably two men combined and yet no one would have ever believed that. One simple look, and they would think that he was weak, but on the contrary, he was anything but weak both physically and mentally. The one next to him, Aki, on the other hand was the opposite of Takeshi, he was the pretty one in their group. He was the brain of the whole group. He had a fairly feminine physique; he wore glasses and had long hair up to his neck and bangs that brushed along the top of his glasses. He was prettier than most girls but he always said that he was manly one in the group. Finally, Kaito was the leader of the group. He wasn’t as strong as Takeshi or as smart as Aki but he was over all the best to take charge, in other words he was overall perfect. The one thing that kept them all equal was right under their shirts. It was the large dragon tattoo on their backs.  It went from their left shoulder down to their right hip; it was the sign that they were part of a gang, more over the Yakuza. Have they ever killed anyone? No. Have they ever done drugs? No. But they would do the underground work, where they would get people to go where the rest of the gang wanted them to and then would ambush them. They had not dirtied their hands with blood just yet.

“Yeah… I can’t imagine being without you guys for a whole year…” Takashi said as he sat down next to Aki placing an arm around him. “Aki-chan!” He .

“What have I told you about calling me that…?” He said looking at him with the most distasteful eyes.

“But you’re so pretty! How call I not call you something cute?” He said pinning his bangs up using a cute strawberry pin. If it weren’t for the male uniform that Aki was wearing Takashi was certain that a guy would hit on him. Aki moved his hand to the others ear and pulled on it harshly.

“Take it off now…” He said coldly.

“OW! Okay! Okay….” he said removing the pin. Aki took out his cute pink phone and fixed his hair. “You call yourself manly…?” Takashi retorted seeing this side of Aki. The said cute male turned and gave him a death glare. Kaito chuckled seeing his good friends like this.

“You guys…” He said as he ruffled Aki’s hair. “Leave him alone, Takashi. He’s perfect.” Aki looked at the other and blushed. He stood and hugged Kaito.

“Kaito…” He whined like a little kid. “Takashi is so mean…” he continued giving his best puppy dog look. Kaito laughed and pat his head.

“There, there. I’m sure he won’t do it anymore, right Takashi?” He said turning to look at him.

“Dude that’s so not fair…” He said looking down at Kaito slightly.

“What is it?” He asked confused.
“That Aki is all over you like a girl and when I try to get close to him he is as cold as winter!” He

said sighing softly. Aki heard this and stuck his tongue out at Takeshi.

“That’s because I love Kaito! Now leave me alone you ert…” Kaito laughed and Takashi just gave up. Kaito was sure with these guys on his side he could withstand the new school year in a brand new place.

~~

“Okay where the hell is classroom C14….” Kaito asked looking around.

“I have no idea dude….” Takashi said looking around. This high school was nothing like the one that they left in Tokyo. The one in Tokyo was at least three stories high this one was a flat and it was confusing beyond belief.

“Aki, status report!” Kaito said hoping that their smartest member would know what to do. Aki for the first time said nothing.  “…Aki…?” Kaito asked again.

“What…?” He responded this time.

“Status Report, Aki….” Aki looked up at Kaito with worried filled eyes.

“Kaito… I don’t know…” He said sadly about to cry. Kaito was shocked; it amazed him that even Aki had no idea what to do in this situation.

“It’s okay Aki…” He said softly. Yep, they were lost.

“OUT OF THE WAY!!!” They all heard and before they had time to move they were all on the floor and there were papers scattered everywhere.

“Ow…” They heard a female voice say softly before gasping.

“Look where you are going damn it!” Kaito screamed at the girl.

“Hey! Hey! If you weren’t in the way I would have probably hit the wall or something! It’s your fault for being in the middle of the hall!” She countered. Well in a way she was right, but Kaito wouldn’t lose to a lowly girl.

“Be more careful next time lunatic!” He screamed back. The girl waved her hand in front of his face in a way of saying, “yeah, yeah stop being annoying.” She turned around and saw that the stack of papers that had fallen were cleaned and placed in a neat stalk.

“What the...?” She said amazed.

“You’re welcome!” Takeshi told the girl as she smiled at them guessing it was them that had picked up the papers.

“Wow! Thank you so much! My name is Kim MinYoung!” She smile and bowed softly to the much nicer duo.

“MinYoung?” Aki repeated a little amazed. “Are you Korean…?” He continued.

“Yes I am!” She said happily.

“Interesting…” He started. “Well my name is Aki Takahashi and here is Takashi Sato and over there, the guy that just had an argument with, is called Kaito Nakemura.” He bowed too and smiled at her. MinYoung looked at him with a puzzled face.

“Takahashi-san… why aren’t you wearing the girl school uniform?” She asked politely thinking that he was a girl.

“I’m a guy you-mph!” He screamed and instantly his mouth was covered by Takashi’s hand in a second.

“Sorry. He really hates it when people confuse him for a girl is all.” He said looking at her with a smile as Aki continued screaming muffled profanities. Kaito sighed and caught her attention.
“Do you know were classroom C14 is…?” He finally asked getting down to business. MinYoung blinked and nodded.

“Yeah that my homeroom! I’ll take you! Come on!” She said with a smile as she lifted the big stack of papers. Seeing this Kaito took a little bit more then half and carried it himself.

“Girls shouldn’t be carrying all of that…” He said carrying it with ease. MinYoung blinked while looking up at him.

“Thanks!” She said happily.

“Hey Aki…” Takashi whispered to Aki.

“What?” He said in an annoyed tone still a little mad that MinYoung confused him for a girl.

“Don’t those two look good together?” Takeshi asked nudging Aki’s side. Aki blinked and looked at them.

“No…” He said coldly but in all honesty they did. “Just shut up and hurry if not you’re gonna be left behind.” He said as he walked a little faster.

“So mean Aki…” he said as he followed quickly behind.

~~

“I hate school! Whether if it’s Tokyo or not!” He screamed while sitting at the lunch table. He took a bite out of his sandwich angrily. So far Kaito had gotten in trouble with three teachers and it has only been half the day. He was surprised that he hadn’t been suspended yet.

“The fact that you’re not in the principal’s office yet is amazing!” MinYoung said eating her Kimchi rice.

“That’s what I said!” He looked at her and then looking at her food.

“What the hell are you eating?” He asked her.

“Kimchi… I believe…” Aki cleared up as he broke his chopsticks in half and started to eat his ramen. “It’s a Korean thing…” He added in as he chewed the noodles that he placed in his mouth.

“That’s cool… She brings her own bento and everything.” Takeshi chuckled while eating his Onigiri.

“What I find more interesting is… Why the hell are you following us around?” Kaito asked, flicking her forehead.

“Owie…” She yelped and rubbed the spot. She pouted and stood up and flicked his forehead as payback.  It looked painful and the sound wasn’t that nice sounding either.

“WHAT THE…!” Kaito yelled in pain. He touched his forehead and removed it to find a gigantic red mark on his forehead.

“That’s also a Korean thing…” Aki said while chewing. “Koreans flick each others foreheads almost like a game.”

“Wow! Aki you know a lot!” She said amazed.

“It’s a horrible blessing…” He said taking another bite.

“If it wasn’t for the fact that Aki is a delinquent he would be in college already!” Takashi said and chuckled eating his second onigiri. Kaito groaned as he stayed still trying to recover from the pain.

“…and as to why I am following you… I kinda don’t have friends…” She said honestly. Kaito looked at her forgetting the pain instantly and paying attention to her.

                “You don’t?” He asked with a confused face.

“Yeah, no one wants to talk to the Korean girl….” She said taking a huge bite of her kimchi rice and sighing sadly.

“Aren’t there anymore Koreans here?” He asked. She shook her head and swallowed the bite she had in .

“They are in the neighboring school…” She told them.  “I’m the only one here…”
“That …” Takashi added in. “Kaito come on add her to the gang!” Takashi said smiling.

“Gang?” MinYoung asked.

“Stupid! What are you saying!?” Kaito scolded him.

“I demand to know!” MinYoung said as the secret started to peak her interest. “Y-You Owe me! I showed you around the school!” Aki tisked when he finished his ramen.

“Just tell her Kaito…” He said softly. Kaito sighed,

“Fine! But if I get in trouble we are all going down together.” He said sternly. He looked at her and sighed.  “We are part of a yakuza gang….” He said softly, practically a whisper. As she heard this, MinYoung’s eyes widened in shock and amazement.

“Really…? You’re not lying?” She asked amazed.

“Nope…” He said looking at her as he finished his sandwich.

“How do I know that for real…?” She asked. Kaito sighed.

“Guys pull your collars….” He said pulling the collar of his shirt to show his shoulder and to show just a small portion of his tattoo. As he did this the other two did the same. MinYoung though that this was the coolest thing that has ever happened to her.

“That’s so cool!” She said excited. All of them fixed their collars and laughed.

“It’s alright…” Kaito said with a smile as he took a napkin and wiped off a small grain of rice from her cheek. MinYoung smiled and looked at him.

“Dear lord! No PDA please….” Aki said as he stood and threw out his garbage. Kaito and MInYoung blushed and looked away from each other. Takeshi punched Aki.

“Dude you ruined the moment!” He said and laughed softly.

“That’s the point moron!” He said back with the same old cold attitude. Before they knew it the bell rang and they all groaned in protest wishing that lunch would last a little longer.

“When will hell be over!?” Kaito screamed going to his next class.

~~

“YES!!” Kaito screamed running out of the building. “Thank god for freedom!” He said as he sighed and stretched.

“Where do you guys live?” MinYoung asked looking at all of them.

“Don’t know” They all said at the same time turning to look at her.

“We are on a student transfer program, and we got here in the morning so…” Kaito told her not knowing what else to say.

“What about your belongings?” MinYoung asked surprised.

“They are coming tomorrow; we have to make due today with what we got.” MinYoung nodded understanding.

“Well do you know where you are staying?” They all nodded.

“We all have directions. We just don’t know how to get there.” Aki told her. MinYoung smiled.

“I’ll help you! Just let me see…” She looked at all the addresses and her eyes widened seeing Kaito’s.

“What’s wrong?” Kaito asked.

“This is my address…” She told him.

~~

From that day on the relationship between all of them had gotten stronger. Especially Kaito and MinYoung. Some could have sworn that they were dating at some point. About a month after they had arrived there was some trouble one day after school. All of them were walking home like usual but this time a strange man stood before them. Kaito got in front of MInyoung in a protective way knowing this guy was trouble.

“What do you want?” Kaito said in a stern voice. Aki got in back of Minyoung getting ready for the worst.

“You’re from Tokyo right?” The strange man asked. Kaito nodded hesitantly.

“…and what if I am?”

“You’re part of the Dragon clan right…?” He asked a smirk visible on his face. Kaito looked at his body and noticed his arm and saw a vivid tattoo of a snake.

“Snake clan member…” He said and advised the others. They had to be the worst enemies and now they didn’t have the rest of the gang to back them up, and plus they had a girl with them which was extremely dangerous.

“I’ll take him down…” Takashi told Kaito without any worry.

“Wait!” He moved his hand and stopped him.

“Aki, Status report….” Aki looked over from behind Minyoung and looked at the snake clan member he took a few more seconds and then came up with the final report.

“A Knife…” He said advising that others that the strange man had a weapon on him. Aki was good at looking at a person’s movements and action to figure out what weapon they were hiding. The man in shock to a second before he ran towards them with the same knife that Aki foretold in his hand.

“Get MinYoung out of here, Aki!” He yelled orders. Aki nodded and took her hand and ran. He took her behind a building and told her to stay there. It was risky to leave her by herself but the others needed him too. Aki quickly ran back to help his friends. MinYoung stared at them as she had mixed emotions of fear and amazement. In the end Takashi had a small wound on his arm and Kaito on the side of his face had a small cut and Aki had one on his hand. Kaito ran to MinYoung and smiled looking at her.

“You’re okay…” He said happily.

“But you’re not!” She said looking at the small injury on his face.

“Ha-ha we’re good! Right guys!” They all smiled and nodded. She sighed and took some bandages and put it on all their wounds.

“They look painful…” She said truthfully.

“Nah!” Kaito said with a chuckle. “Guys remove your shirts! I think it okay to show her now.” He said smiling. They all removed their blazers and dress shirts and turned around and showed their backs. MinYoung gasped a little. There it was the dragon but that wasn’t the end of it. There were plenty of scars to go with such title.

“Kaito…” She said softly. It was both cool and saddening to her.

“It’s nothing Min!” He said putting his shirt back on.

“You know if you were only going to look at Kaito’s back then I shouldn’t have taken off my shirt…” Aki said feeling slightly annoyed and put his shirt back on not bothering to fix it or put on his blazer. Takashi laughed.

“Let them be.” He said with a smile and pat the others back. Aki tisked and just shook his head.

“I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the creep…” He said turning and seeing that said man wasn’t were they left him, all bruised and wounded. It was impossible for a person to move after such a beating so his other gang members must have been close by. Takashi was talking to Kaito at that moment so he didn’t hear what Aki said. Aki thought that it was better for him to keep it to himself then to worry the others.

~~

Aki couldn’t be anymore right then he was and just like how he said before, his gift was a horrible blessing. On the way home one day he was all focused on his surroundings. He was doing this for a while now and things just didn’t feel right today so he was on edge. Just when he sighed taking a breather it happened. He blinked and his eyes were covered. He quickly fell on his knees and slipped free and kicked the guy straight in the gut using the floor as support. Takeshi was strong enough to break the guys hand not to mention the bindings that kept him from seeing. Aki tried to help Kaito.

“Find Min!” He ordered Aki, as he felt someone trying to help him. Aki looked around and she was gone. He had failed for the first time. He felt all the guilt and hate rush into him and without thinking he punched the guy that still had Kaito in a head lock. He pushed him to the ground and continued to do this several times. Aki had started to cry after a while but the guy under him had lost unconsciousness a long time ago. Kaito saw this and looked around.

“Where’s Min!?” He said looking everywhere grabbing his hair and pulling it but not enough to rip it. Aki continued to cry feeling guilty.

“MIN!!” Kaito screamed as Takeshi tried to calm Aki. This was the worst possible situation that could have ever happed to all of them. 

That day none of them went home. They all went in search for MinYoung. They had managed to get information from a broker where the snake clan could have possibly hidden her. It was an old abandoned warehouse near the river. Hearing this they all ran as fast as they could to the location. Kaito that was usually very calm and always knew how to take care of things entered the warehouse without thinking and without a game plan.

MinYoung was there but she was tied to a pole and was covered. She looked at them and she shook her head to them as a warning since she couldn’t talk. Kaito ran to her but in that moment there were at least four snake clan members that ambushed the three of them. Two were holding Takeshi, while one took hold of Aki and the other had Kaito by both arms. A laugh sounded throughout the abandoned building as the one in charge came out of hiding.

“That’s him boss!” The shady guy that Kaito and his group beat up a few days ago said while pointing fingers.

“You…!” Kaito said with all the hatred in the world. The young looking boss from the Snake clan looked at Kaito and chuckled softly.

“So you’re from Tokyo.” He said walking closer to him.

“Am I famous?” He asked in an annoyed tone that question becoming annoying to him. The snake boss laughed and punched Kaito in the stomach.  He groaned and closed his eyes in pain.

“Maybe…” He said. “You almost killed one of my members….” He continued

“…And what of it! He was the one that attacked first!” He countered. “But of course the snake clan are always of bunch of idiots!” The other boss didn’t take lightly to this as he slapped him across the face managing to break his bottom lip in the process. Kaito hissed in pain.

“Do you think you are in any position to be saying that? Huh?” He said grabbing Kaito’s face and letting it go.

“Whatever…” Kaito said and just shook it off. “Aki… You know what to do…” He said sighing softly. Aki looked around quickly as the guy that was holding him threated him if he didn’t stop.

“A Knife and a Bat…” He said softly.

“Wooden or steel, Aki?”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” The snake leader asked in the middle getting annoyed that both of them were ignoring him at the moment.

“Wooden…” He said and that was enough for Kaito to use the guy that was holding him to lift himself up slightly and kick their leader in the face. Takeshi laughed and threw the guys off of him easily before going and beating them up some more. Aki looked at the guy that was holding him and pouted softly.

“You wouldn’t hurt me would you…?” He said giving him the most innocent puppy eyes the world had ever seen.

“N-No!” The snake clan member shook his head as a blush rose to his face. Aki placed one hand on the others neck and smiled.

“You’re sweet.” He said in the most innocent and lovely tone before he found a vital point and pressed it hard making the other fall to the ground paralyzed.

“Ill have to look up more of those vitals points... they prove useful….” He said and ran to MinYoung and as he did he saw the knife that the leader had and he quickly took it and started to cut her bindings.

“I’ll get you out…” He said as he removed the cloth over and was close to getting her loose. That was before the leader of the opposing clan punched him across the face.

“No!” MinYoung screamed seeing Aki fall to the floor in pain. Takeshi finishing up both of his opponents looked around, he heard MinYoung scream and saw Aki on the floor and the leader on top of him ready to hit him more. That awoke the violent monster that was dormant in his body until that moment. He ran and tackled the leader.

“Don’t you dare hit Aki on his beautiful face!” He said and punched him straight in the face

leaving him unconscious. He continued to hit him giving him hard hits that would leave many in a coma. “You don’t deserve to live you lame excuse of a person!” He screamed and lifted his hand to punch him. But before he was able to give the final blow someone took hold of his hand. “What…?” He questioned.

“Stop…” Aki said getting in between his hand and the unconscious snake leader. “That’s enough Takeshi….” He said softly as he leaned up to hug him. Takeshi sighed and panted feeling calm once more.

  MinYoung one the other hand saw something that made her worry even more. Kaito was fighting and his opponent managed to retrieve a wooden bat and hit him with it. Kaito fell to the floor as some blood ran down his forehead. Seeing this MinYoung broke out of her weak bindings and ran to the guy with the bat. She jumped on top of him and with the same bat she hit the guy on his head as hard as she could.

“Woah…” Aki and Takeshi said seeing her capable of doing such a thing. MinYoung gasped and let the bat go and ran to Kaito.

“Kaito…!” She said getting close to him and lifting his head up. Kaito groaned but looked up at her and smiled.

“I-I’m fine….” He said and smiled looking up at her.

“No… You’re not…” She said pouting as she started to cry. “I’m sorry…” She added letting some tears fall. Kaito chuckled softly and wiped away the tears with his hand.

“Come on… I would do anything to protect you. This is nothing.” He admitted. “Now stop crying you’re prettier like this! I can’t fall in love every twenty seconds now can I?” He asked with a dorky smile. MinYoung giggled and sniffled softly.  She leaned in and gave Kaito a kiss.

“Ow…” Kaito said pulling back from the kiss. “Broken lip babe…” He said with a chuckle.

“Thank god for that lip! If not you guys would be making out! Yuck!” Aki screamed out, ruining the moment between the two.

“Aki!” Takeshi said nudging him a little.

“What? It’s true isn’t it?” They all laughed.

“Alright guys let’s go home!” He said standing up and walking home with the help of MinYoung.

In the end, all of them made it out with just minor wounds that took maybe a week or less to heal although Kaito’s wound needed another week and a day of rest to heal completely. It was quieter and there were no more signs of gangsters that year. Even after the exchange program was done Kaito and his gang continued to come over to see MinYoung on the weekends and the summer to hang out. Who would have thought that a Yakuza gang member would end up falling in love with a sweet and innocent Korean girl from the neighboring city? They say that their love and friendship grew so big that in the end Kaito and his friends ended up quitting the Yakuza even if it meant getting beaten up for two hours straight. Kaito eventually married MinYoung three years after high school and were happy ever since.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thanks for reading~
I hope you enjoyed!

Ill be back updating my od stories again so look forward to that ^^

-LSV