About BB

The V.I.P Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    THE V.I.P BOOK

 

Press play for music..

A B O U T   T H E  G R O U P; Formed in 2006. A Korean pop boy-group called, Big Bang. The group consists of five members; T.O.P/Choi Seunghyun (26), Taeyang/ Dong Youngbae (25), G-Dragon/ Kwon Jiyong(25), Daesung/D-Lite/Kang Daesung (24), Seungri/V.I/Lee Seunghyun(23)

 

Under the management of one of the “Big Three” record companies in South Korea, YG Entertainment. Big Bang, like any other group has a background story of formation. How they came together and how it was decided for them to become a group. Members G-Dragon and Taeyang were the first to join the company at age of 11, and they are—up until this day—wonderful, close friends.

 

    Third member who attempted to join YGE was the infamous, deep-voiced rapper, T.O.P, but he was rejected at once because he was obese at the time, and was deemed “Too chubby” by the label at the time. The underground rapper, (named Tempo, at the time) was determined to achieve his long-awaited dream, and refused to give up. Six months, after his first audition, T.O.P showed up as skinny as a stick after losing around 20kg of his excess weight in just forty days. Lucky for him, in the year 2013, T.O.P earned himself a title he had never dreamt of: The Hottest Icon!! Still, till this day, neither us or him are completely sure whether he earned this title based on his looks, voice, body, or charisma!   « see tabi’s response to the title in the video below »       Next on the list, comes the youngest Seungri. The youngest of the group started his career as a dancer, and managed to become the leader of his dance crew back in his hometown, Gwangju. But once in the audition, Seungri soon learned that the YGE was looking for vocalist, and tried to pull out his secret card; singing. The company though, was not impressed and said that Seungri lacked of vocal skills, which led him to fall under a hard training session and become a YG Traniee. At the time, fifth and final member of Big Bang, Daesung, had found and sought guidance of the former YG sun-bae, Wheesung, who taught him how to strengthen his singing abilites. Now, Seungri was trained in a short period of time, (barely a year, the members say) while the others spent at least six years as trainees and some of them spent even more. Time was running, and YG wanted his boy-group to debut, but.. they were still in short of one member. A competition of position broke at the time, between Seungri and trainee Hyunseung (who is now a shinning, active member in both groups “Beast” and “TroubleMaker”)  but Hyunseung lost the battle and was therefore cut from Big Bang.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter