End

Thank You, Love

Jongin spun his comfort chair to the big window, facing the city lights and the bright night sky. He stared at the sky and sighed. He didn’t know why but today he felt really bad.

First, he woke up late cause he forgot to set his alarm. Second, his water heater broke down and he have to bath with cold water in the cold weather. Third, he forgot to take his suit at the laundry.

He drove his car along the busy street, but then his car broke down as well and he have to wait for the taxi and left his own car at the nearest gas station. Well his bad luck didn’t stop there, he didn’t bring his wallet. He has to call his secretary to pay for the taxi.

He walked to his office and greeted by the mount of documents. He sighed and started to read it one by one. His secretary, Mr. Jin, came in with a cup of coffee on the tray.

“Here’s your coffee.” Jongin lifted his head and placed his pen and worksheet. “Thanks hyung, I really need this now.” He took a sip of his coffee and spilled it right away. Mr. Jin surprised and gave him tissues.

“What’s wrong?” he asked his boss. “This is too sweet hyung, who made this?” Jongin placed again his cup and messed his styled hair. “The new officer, he just came here yesterday.”

Jongin threw his back against the leather comfort seat, he massaged his temple with his right arm. “Please bring me a new coffee hyung, I really need it.” Mr. Jin nodded and took again the cup.

Jongin couldn’t believe this. His girlfriend already went for the whole two weeks since new year and didn’t return yet. He really missed her, and only God knew how much he missed her.

The time difference between them was the main reason. At night, he tired and always fell asleep when his girlfriend called him. The next morning, he called her and greeted by her mail box, then he cursed himself. She already slept if he remember that it was already midnight there.

“Jongin, you have a meeting after this.” Mr. Jin came back with a new –and hopefully a proper coffee for him. Jongin drank his coffee and sighed, finally. “Can you go on behalf of me? Or let Junmyeon hyung go, I didn’t feel good today hyung.” Jongin said. Mr. Jin somehow felt uneasy seeing his boss like this, but he has to bear that feeling.

“Alright, I’ll tell Sir Junmyeon about this meeting. And Jongin, you have a lunch appointment with Mr. Chanyeol and Mr. Sehun.” He said while leaving Jongin’s office with a light smile.

Meanwhile, Jongin just groaned and massaged his temple again. It was still morning but he already felt tired. Tired of everything. He took his phone and stared at its screen.

No messages from his Soojung.

No missed calls from his Soojung.

No new email from his Soojung.

Then he threw his phone and buried himself within the worksheet.

♦♦♦♦♦

“Chill man, you look like a zombie right now.” Said Sehun as they sat together at Chanyeol’s café. “I am one now.” Jongin answered. He placed his head on the desk while waiting Chanyeol and their foods.

“No messages from Soojung?” Sehun asked. Jongin nodded.

“No missed calls from Soojung?” he asked again and Jongin nodded again.

“Don’t ruin the atmosphere at my café Jongin, or they will leave.” Chanyeol said and sat beside Sehun. Jongin lifted his head and sighed. “Hyung, I felt a bad luck following me today. I can’t remember how many of them because it’s just too much.” He said bluntly. Chanyeol and Sehun kept silence but burst out of laugh suddenly.

“Look at him, he’s so miserable!” Sehun said between his laugh. Jongin scoffed and took his meal. Chanyeol joined him with food things and before he shoved his potato, he stared at Jongin.

“No mess-“

“No messages, no missed calls, no emails, no news from her.”

Jongin said and shoved his meat. Sehun just kept eating and giggling. “Soojung is a smart girl.” He said. Jongin frowned at his words. “What do you mean?”

“Maybe she found a new hot guy at London and they end up together. He asked Soojung to stay there forever and dump you here.”

Again, Sehun and Chanyeol laughed like there’s no tomorrow. Jongin lost his appetite and threw his back against the couch. “She wouldn’t because she’s mine! Once mine and always be mine.” He claimed. But the laugh got louder and it pissed Jongin off.

“Can you guys stop laughing at me?” he said with one brow lifted up.

♦♦♦♦♦

His day went not really good that day. After having an annoying lunch with his two fellas, he got a news that his company lost the tender. Worst, the company’s finance at its down. He has to work really hard until night.

At 8 P.M., Mr. Jin took all his works and it’s all done. “Jongin, you’re not home?” he asked before step out from his office. “Later hyung, too tired to drive.” Mr. Jin nodded and excused himself.

Jongin stared at the night sky, not too much stars but he liked it. His mind wandered about what Soojung do now. Why she didn’t send him a single text message, or just gave him a missed call. Sehun’s words sneaked into his mind as well, what if it’s true? What if Soojung met a new guy and fell in love? It can’t be happen! Jongin has a plan once his princess is back!

He sighed and stood up. He need his comfort bed and warm blanket. It would be great if Soojung can join him too, he thought.

He was about to started the engine when his phone rang, he widened his eyes when saw the called ID; Princess Jung.

“Good night handsome~ how are you?” she greeted him with her sweet yet lovely voice. Jongin smiled and pinched himself, he was afraid that this was just a dream. “It was bad before you called me.” He told her the truth.

He could hear her chuckle at the other line, and that made him chuckle too. “How bad?” she asked. “Really bad, until I can’t remember them anymore.” Soojung kept silence for a while, but Jongin could tell that she was smiling.

“Want me to make up your mood?”

Jongin didn’t need more time to say “Yes.”

♦♦♦♦♦

He stepped out from his car and headed to the elevator. He greeted by one of the officer of that apartment complex and he gave Jongin a note.

Hey, Kim Jongin

Jongin frowned and mumbled a thank you to her. Then he walked to his room, he turned right but a note caught his eyes.

I bet you forget something, oldie Jongin

He took that note and the frown on his face got deeper. He opened the door and his apartment room really dark. He was about to turn on the light when a note that lying on a desk lamp took his attention.

Don’t cry

He the lamp and all he knew, a lot of confetti was attacking him, a noise that came from trumpet made his ear hurt. Once he opened his eyes, a large banner hanging at the center of the room. It written; “HAPPY 21th BIRTHDAY KIM JONGIN

Then, he saw all his closest friends and his secretary were there. He didn’t know what to say.

“Happy birthday kkamjong!” Jongdae, or known as Chen, congratulate him. And one by one his closest congratulate him too. He shook their hands in confuse. What is this?

“Wait wait, I thank you all but, my birthday?” he asked and titled his head. They have no idea how confuse Jongin was. They burst into laugh, a loud one.

“Of course it is your birthday!” Baekhyun said and he threw his fist to Jongin’s shoulder. “But my birthday is on-“

“I knew you will forget your own birthday, oldie Jongin.”

Jongin froze when hearing this soft yet lovely voice. The voice that he missed so much. The voice that he longed to hear. The voice that he will listen when they skype tonight –just like she said to make him happy before.

He turned around and found his goddess, right in front of him. She wore a simple blue-mini-sleeveless-dress, a light make up and she let her hair fall down. She brought a cake with her.

“Make your wish before you cry.” She said again and chuckled. Jongin blew out the candle and a claps could be heard after that. Sehun took the cake from her and placed it on the table. They attacked the cake and another things that Soojung prepared for this while Jongin hugged Soojung really tight. Soojung hugged him back and whispered a happy birthday on his ear.

That night, Jongin felt that he forgot what happened to him since morning. He have a great and annoying friends, a good secretary and a lovely girlfriend. And then he realized that today was 14th January. His own birthday for God’s sake.

“So, did I make your mood lifted up?” Soojung asked once the party ended. They at his room and felt each other warmth. Jongin took her hand, intertwined her fingers with his. “Your presence itself could make me smile.” He said and kissed her hand. Soojung smiled at his words.

“Do you like my surprise?” she asked again, Jongin nodded. “You know, when that girl gave me the note, I thought that she likes me.” He laughed and Soojung too. “I thought to give it to the boy officer but I don’t feel right. Beside, I know that you wouldn’t leave me, so I gave it to her.”

Jongin tightened his other arm that wrapped Soojung’s slim waist and kissed her top head. “I won’t leave you, I promise.” She smiled and leaned on his broad chest. “I love you.”

Jongin smiled and let their intertwined fingers off. Soojung lifted her chin to look at him and found him with smile on his face. “I love you too.” He leaned closer and his lips met hers. They shared a sweet kiss that full with love and warmth.

Jongin pulled back and took a glance at the clock, 11.55 P.M., he still have time. He got up from bed and walked to the drawer, he took a small box from it. Soojung frowned at him when he came back to her side.

“I want to show you this.” He said. She titled her head to the side and saw him opened the box. Then, she covered in disbelief. She can’t believe what she saw.

“Jung Soojung, at this moment of 14th January, I want to tell you that I really love you since our first encounter at school. That time, I tried so hard to get your number from Victoria noona. And you have no idea how happy I was when I get it.” He chuckled as he remembered that old time.

“I tried to win your heart and beat Minho hyung, he was the hard rival to get your attention but then, when you chose me over him, I felt that heaven is on my side. And now, I want to make you mine for now and forever through this.”

He took the silver ring from its pocket and slid it to Soojung’s finger. Her eyes filled with a happy tears, but she held it, she didn’t want to ruin this moment.

“Will you, Jung Soojung, willing to be the only girl in my life, Kim Jongin? You will be the only girl if we have a son, but you will be my first girl if we have a daughter.”

Soojung couldn’t held her tears anymore. A single drop tears fell on his hand, he smiled and wiped the tears.

“I will Jongin, I will.”

Jongin pulled her closer and hugged her. Soojung wrapped her hand around his neck and Jongin’s hand around her waist. He took a glance on the clock again, 12.00 A.M.

“You’re mine for now and forever will always be mine, Jung.”

 

 


My first oneshot about this adorable couple~
And about his bad luck, it just happened until the morning, his company at down and didn't win the tender just Soojung's idea kkk. She told Mr. Jin and the rest of EXO about her plan and boom!

Happy birthday dearest Kim Jongin♥♥