Strangers in London

Strangers in London

You were enjoying your little holiday, strolling around quiet areas of London with Siwon, who, for the sake of privacy, was camouflaged with a knitted beanie, shades and a scarf. 
It was your first time in London, or United Kingdom for that matter. You had always wanted to go, but there was always something stopping you… studies, work, no time, no money. It just never happened until now. And talking about money, you felt  little bad for letting Siwon pay for the flights and hotel. He had insisted on paying, since he finally got a chance for a little getaway with you. But on top of the flights and hotel, he had already bought some kind of star shaped couple necklaces, that complemented each other and read ‘’Forever His’’ and ‘’Forever Hers’’. You were already wearing them, of course, they were so beautiful, and must’ve cost a lot too. Mysteriously, Siwon bought them in secret, and wouldn’t even tell you the price. Oh, was it rude to ask for the price? But they looked so expensive….

You were walking hand in hand, enjoying the views while sharing some stories. Siwon just told you about Donghae and Eunhyuk getting lost in the same areas that you were just exploring, while on their trip to shoot the music video for ´Still You´. Knowing those two little dorks, you couldn’t help but let out a wild laugh, almost immediately covering your mouth with your hand, embarrassed of your loud outburst. Siwon looked at you with a wide smile, chuckling.
Suddenly you heard a strange voice.


‘’____?…. ______, is that you?’’
You went silent as your smile faded. You looked around trying to locate the source of the voice, which seemed familiar, but you still couldn’t recognize. Siwon also got alert and pulled you closer to him. Something drew your gaze to the right, and you perceived a familiar figure, standing about three meters away from you.
‘’Mike?’’ You couldn’t believe it
‘’ ____! It really is you!’’ Mikes face turned from skeptical to a happy grin and he suddenly lunged forward to hug you. You were forced to let go of Siwon’s hand, and answer the bearhug.
Siwon was a bit taken aback as he stared at you two, glaring daggers at Mike through his shades.
‘’You finally came! It’s been years, but you finally came!’’ Mike cheered, emphasizing the word finally, as he finally pulled back from the hug, leaving his other arm around you.
‘’Well, yeah –‘’ Before you even got to finish your sentence, Mike cut in. ‘’Took you long enough!’’ He chuckled, feigning offense.
‘’Well, thanks to my lovely boyfriend, Siwon, I am here now.’’ You said proudly, pointing at Siwon and then tugging him a bit closer to you, while escaping Mike's grasp.
Siwon quickly gathered his thoughts and offered his hand. ‘’Hello, I’m Siwon.’’ He said with surprisingly convincing English. 
‘’Nice to meet you, I’m Michael.. or, well, Mike.’’
After they shook hands you waited to see if they had anything else to say before you butted in.
‘’Siwon is Korean’’ You explained to Mike, and then switched to Korean to explain to Siwon, ‘’We met while working abroad.’’ They both nodded.
‘’Wow… So you speak Korean now too? Impressive. Is there a language you don’tspeak?’’ Mike teased.
‘’HA-HA, very funny. You only speak English, while I master my own language plus English and Korean among others, so who’s the one who should be mocking here?’’ You sneered and slapped Mike’s arm. ‘’Ouch…. So smart too.’’ He complained while rubbing the spot on his arm where you just slapped.

You exchanged some ‘’What’s up?’’ and ‘’What are you up to nowadays?’’ questions, before Mike suddenly glanced at his wrist watch and said that he had to go, as he was out only for his lunch break. He said how nice it was to see you, wished you a happy holiday and goodbye before pecking you on the cheek, and disappearing behind some cars and buildings as suddenly as he had appeared in the first place. You and Siwon were left standing there, astonished.
‘’Wow… talk about unexpected reunion.’’ You chuckled to Siwon in Korean. He just nodded and mumbled something under his breath before you two continued strolling, interlacing your hands together again.

Back at the hotel, when you were lying on the bed, all ready to sleep, Siwon suddenly stuttered, ‘’Ja-jagiya… Who was that guy?’’
‘’What? Who?’’
‘’That guy we met, your old friend or something…’’ He mumbled quietly.
You turned around so that you now saw your boyfriend lying on his back, staring at the ceiling with an unrecognizable expression.
‘’He was awfully chummy with you.’’ He said and turned his gaze to you. You sighed quietly and started, ‘’Well, like I said, we met while working abroad. We had fun working together, we danced at the staff party, and enjoyed each other’s company while working and outside work. It was a little fling… like a holiday romance, but we were co-workers instead of holidaymakers. But uhm.. I ended it shortly.’’ You glanced at Siwon, a bit puzzled. ‘’Why? Were you jealous?’’
You noticed him blush slightly, and your impression was proved right when Siwon lowered his head and muttered lowly, ‘’N-no.’’ You stifled a laugh as he vigorously lifted his head and stated, ‘’I was just curious about what kind of dude wants to steal my jagiya.’’ And with a smug grin, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you flush against him.
‘’And if Lord allows me, I will protect my little angel from any – and I do mean any other suitors – except me, of course.’’ 
You smiled happily as he nuzzled your forehead, and then gave you a soft kiss.
‘’I wouldn’t want it any other way.’’ You whispered and pulled him back for another sweet kiss.