The Mask

Beautiful Vengeance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7umg6ZrIEH8

 

Fall in love and you will see,

deep inside the desire in me.

 

Pieces and bits, that hate would fit,

pails of tears you have to keep.

 

Tears and pain that are in debt,

price of fraud will chase you to death .

 

Drips of blood it would be repaid,

an eternal truce will be in made.

 

o0***0o

 

Kyungsoo

 

My hands are shaking and I don’t even know why. I was just seating here and listening to our teacher’s lecture, being obedient as I could. It’s kinda weird that my body remembers something that my mind couldn’t retrieve.

 

Why do I feel so uneasy?

Why do I feel something is missing?

Why am I feeling this way?

Should I feel this way?

 

Cold sweat trickles down on the side of my right cheek, is it hot in here? No it isn’t. Our room is well ventilated and on top of that, we’re only thirty students occupying this four-cornered room. I took out my handkerchief from my pocket. It almost slipped from my fingers but got it in a reflex right away.

 

Something’s wrong with me. Is it only me who’s acting weird today?

 

I shifted my eyes and scanned the room to find someone who’s wearing the same disturbed and uneasy face, it was Chen.

 

Both of us are afraid of something we don’t know.

Both of us are gulping the dry lumps on our throats.

Both of us are breathing heavy – heavy yet slow.

 

Despite of the heavy feelings I feel now, I tried to concentrate on the notes that Mr. Song is starting to write on the board. I took my notebook from my bag under my desk and started scribbling what was written on the board.

 

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

 

All of our heads turned to the sight of the door. Mr. Song opened it and a girl welcomed the teacher with a warm smile. She is Sung Shiwon, class president of the star section that I should’ve belonged if just didn’t get bored on my classes – I should’ve been with her, I guess.

 

“Mr. Song, Ms. Park wanted to talk to you about Jihye after your class. Her parents are coming to have a conference with you.” She said.

 

Our classmates lose interest when they heard Jihye’s name – beautiful yet a pain in every teacher’s neck, maybe not just to them but to everybody’s.

 

I didn’t tear my gaze on her and waited for Mr. Song to speak.

 

“Tell her that I’ll come. I’m just going to finish this class and leave a note for my next class.” he said, ending the conversation with a small smile for the girl.

 

“Noted Sir.” Shiwon bowed before she leaves.

 

As she turned her heels, I went back to my writing and simply look at her from afar.

 

I don’t know but all the uneasiness that I am feeling a while ago was washed away by her warm bright smile. There is something about her that makes my whole system excited and eager to see her longer.

She has a different effect on me that only my palpitating heart knows how to react because all my external body parts can do is to shake and tremble.

 

All of these feelings started when she transferred here a year ago.

 

She’s never close to someone.

She never speaks to anyone of us.

She rarely smiles to us.

 

She might be different, but I guess, that’s what I like about her.

She’s different.

 

 

 

o0***0o

 

Chen

 

 

“Hey! Yah~ Kyungsoo-ah!”

 

Aish! He’s not even looking at me. I have to talk to him no matter what.

 

I piled all my things cluttered on my desk before going out of the room. After that, I ran pass through the crowd just to catch up with Kyungsoo’s pace.

 

How could he be so fast with his short legs? Just kidding.

 

As I struggle with all my books on my chest, I stumbled on to someone’s back and accidentally hit her.

 

“Oops! I’m very sorry, I’m just in a hurry.” I said as I bend down to gather my things. There’s a pale pair of hands reaching the other things cluttered on the floor.

I looked up and only to see a pair of almond eyes staring softly at me.

It made my butterflies in my stomach stir. She’s so beautiful.

 

“It’s okay. Next time, just be careful.” Her smile remained still on her thin pink lips that made me smile even more – I guess I was a bit ashamed.

 

“I guess, sorry again.” I said as I shyly scratch the back of my head.

 

We both stood up at the same time and accident really happens – we bumped on each other’s forehead.

 

Ignoring the crowd’s weird gaze, we chuckle our heart out as we realize what’s happening.

 

 

“You’re clumsy. Chen right?” she spoke.

“You know my name?” I asked her, rubbing the small lump forming on my forehead.

 

Wow, she got a hard skull eh.

 

“Of course, it’s been a year of my stay here so why wouldn’t I?”

“Oh, y-yeah. So I guess, I gotta go by now.” I told her.

 

I froze on my place as I realized that I haven’t thanked her for helping me. I turned around and said, “By the way, thank you Shiwon.”

 

 

A thin curve forms on her lips, “You’re always welcome.”

 

 

Once I was out of that place, my heart racing got back to normal.

Why Shiwon? Why do I have to feel this way towards you?”

 

Shoot! I forgot that I have to talk to Kyungsoo.

 

I ran towards the library where he usually hang out and hoping we could share the same sentiment.

I can still remember how we wore the same face a while ago.

Is it because of her?

 

 

o0***0o

 

“I’m home.” She said.

 

She closed the door behind and everything is in total darkness. No light entering on the spacious living room that only a couch on the side and a black grand piano rests beside the tall window.

Light coming from the unwelcome moon on her house was not enough to illuminate the haunting feeling that surrounds the whole place.

Cold heavy wind coming from nowhere touched her numbing skin.

She breathed in and out and stared on the empty space as if something was in front of her.

 

She adjusted the strap of her shoulder bag and walk towards the staircase. Before she has her first step, her eyes darted on the side of the stair on the last step upstairs.

It is always like this. Whenever she goes home, she welcomes her on that same spot – knees hugging, with her hair almost covering her whole face.

 

She can see her. Only her.

 

She grumpily walked up and ignored her.

 

“Not now.”

 

Eerie squeaks on the old wooden flooring echoed as she went to her room at the end of hallway. Cold wind followed her.

She closed the door and laid her back on her bed. Creases on the bed sheet and unfolded comforter welcomed her back.

She stared blankly on the ceiling. Scribbles on it made her sigh. It was drawn in hard thin and thick lines. She scanned her room after all she could see was the darkness lingering on her room. Not just because of the lack of light but the dark and heavy lingering feeling it gives.

 

When will she grow tired with this kind of life?

 

Maybe…no.

 

This is her life and will be her life until she gets what she wants, what she craves and what she is dying to have.

She had sworn to her that everything will be paid in time and in an equal amount – amount of pain.

 

A creepy murmur in the air changed her expression.

 

“Will you please shut up? Shut up!”

 

She stomped her feet towards her study table filled with crumpled papers, pictures torn into two and some are in uncountable number of pieces – torn by her hands till the tip of her slender fingers ache.

 

“Stop bothering me! I need time. I need time. Can’t you understand?” she yelled as if it was her first time doing that.

 

She never raised her voice to her.

 

Her hands are trembling terribly and even her numbing lips trembles in anger, in rage. Her inner core wanted to burst any moment but she has to hold back. It is not time yet. She has to wait. They have to wait till the perfect moment, the perfect chance fall on their knees.

The window inside her room opened as if it was forcefully pushed from the outside, letting the cold wind enter the cold room. The air was sharp as if it was a blade that’s scraping her skin. This is her wrath, that only death could suffice her pain.

 

With shaking hands, she closed the window and locked it. She turned around when she heard a loud bang behind her.

Her things cluttered on the floor. Frustrated she is, she fall unto her knees and began picking up all the pieces. Suddenly, she felt hot tears streaming down her cheeks. It was tears of desperation, anger, and frustration.

 

“I’m going to make them pay. Just, g-give me enough…time. Please.” Her voice cracked with her tears continuously flowing.

 

She placed all the pieces of pictures on the metal trash bin and lighted a match stick. She threw it on the bin and watch as the flame eats every pieces of the picture; burning it from the edges to the tip of the picture. Somehow, her eyes glitters as she watch the fire burns the pieces of papers slowly, imagining how slow and painful their end would be.

 

“Just like those pictures, they will be eaten up to their very core until their soul will have nothing to room.”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

How's my update? I'm not really good at start. But, can you already guess what's going to happen next?