Prologue: Two Nestlings

Time Machine 05:16:00

The scorching orbs glared back at him, shooting its rays in all directions, coloring the first day of autumn yellow instead of orange. It was just early in the morning when Luhan found himself standing behind his main house’s window with a cup of coffee in his hand. For a moment, he sipped at his coffee, enjoying the warm yet bitter smell it created. And for another seconds or minutes, he looked at the surrounding outside, feeling the fresh air that collided with his skin.

 

      The morning was quiet. There were the ringing of bicycles, chirping of birds and wooshing of wind, sounds that created a peaceful melody. From where he stood, Luhan watched the school children on the street, the buses and then…an orange dancing tree nearby. It was beautiful and calm. Luhan watched it shoved off some leafs as the wind blew harder, until a contrasting tiny thing caught his attention. It was two little nestlings.

 

      Luhan squinted at the two nestlings that were chirping a melodious note. With the wind slightly blowing, they began spreading their wings playfully, then jumping around with each other. Even though Luhan isn’t really interested in birdie, but these nestling seemed different to him. They were cheerful…cheerful of not knowing that they are helpless.

 

      Luhan sipped again on his coffee, eyes still locked at the two fledging when the wind intensified, making the two baby birds stumbled. Shivering, they began to look around for help, for their mom. But, the wind seemed to grow louder then their chirps. Luhan put his coffee down and buttoned up his jacket when the wind blew faster than he thought it would. Just as he looked back at the orange tree while buttoning the two last buttons, he caught a quick glimpse of a torn nest and two falling nestling.

     

     Luhan made his way out to the orange tree and picked up the two nestling with his hand from the hard ground before walking back home. At home, he quickly put them on a small open and cotton-filled jar.

 

Two nestlings that are powerless to the wind, just like a human powerless to reality and…time.’ He thought as he looked at the injured one before then preparing himself to go to the nearby flower shop.