Crazy Rhyme Schemes

Humble Pi

Junhong proved to be a good worker. He did everything Jihee said with diligence and attentiveness, and Jihee was pleasantly surprised.

“You know he likes you, right?” Key said as she lay on Jihee’s bed.

“What makes you think that?”

“Um, I don’t know… oh wait! It’s obvious. You’d have to be completely and totally blind to not see that.”

“Then where are my sunglasses and white cane?” Key gave Jihee a look. “Aside from my body which you’ve established is a good one, why would he even like me? He hasn’t been hanging around me long enough to like me for my personality.”

“I don’t know; I’m sure he has his reasons. You should give him a chance.”

“No way. Hyori would kill me.”

“Not if we kill her first!”

“Key.”

“Sorry, but really, you should go for it!”

“’Going for it’ would be based on the false assumption that I’m into him.”

“Ji sometimes you talk and I don’t understand what you’re saying because you use Shakespearean English.”

“How is that Shakespearean?”

“Big words!”

“Perchance thou hadst best go hence from this place, lest I confuse thee further. Good morrow, and I prithee thy journey dost vouchsafes thee home anon.”* Jihee sat straighter with an air of drama around her and fluttered her hands about as she spoke.

Key raised her eyebrows. “Did you just insult me?”

 

“What are you doing?” Jihee asked as Junhong took a seat in the empty desk next to her. It had always been empty, and since there was no desk on the other side of her, she liked it that way.

“Sitting down.” Junhong stated simply.

“I can see that, but why are you sitting there?”

“I was going to ask your help on this review.”

“So you’re only sitting next to me because I’m smart and you want me to help you get a good grade?”

“I’m not asking you to do the review for me, just… help me with it. Please? I need to get at least an 85 if I want to pass this class.”

Jihee sighed before giving in. “Fine, I’ll help you.”

“Yay!” Junhong took a hold of one of the bars on Jihee’s desk and scooted her closer to him. It was easily closer than they’d ever been, and Jihee could smell Junhong’s cologne. She’d never disclose this information to Key – let alone Junhong – but it smelled nice.

Because she’d helped him, Jihee didn’t get nearly as many problems done as she would’ve working by herself, and it was the review for the final, so there were plenty more questions to go and two days left to do them. “Do you think you could help me tonight, too? You could come over around six?”

“You’re really serious about this, aren’t you?”

“I really am.”

“Okay, text me your address.”

“That would require me having your number.”

“Do I look like an idiot? Of course it does.” Junhong smirked and entered his phone number into Jihee’s phone, putting his name as “The y Guy from Algebra 2” and closing out of it before Jihee could see. In the meantime, Jihee put her number in with her name simply as her name. The bell rang, then, and Junhong offered Jihee a smirk before slinging his backpack on and walking out of the classroom.

 

“Hyori! Is it true you and Junhong are dating?” Someone ran up to Hyori’s table practically yelling his question. Hyori looked up at him while Junhong – who sat next to her – lowered his head further to the table and shoved a grape in his mouth.

“Shh! Keep it down! I don’t want the whole school knowing just yet… But since you asked, yes, we are.” Hyori looked over at Jihee and Key with a devious smile on her face, taking Junhong’s arm and putting it around her shoulder.

“Is ‘she was asking for it’ a justifiable reason for punching her in the nose?” Key asked.

“No, it’s not. And don’t worry about it. I told you I don’t have feelings for him, anyway.” Jihee said. Still, she had kind of liked the idea of Junhong liking her, even if it was far-fetched.

“Are you still going to his house tonight?” Key asked in a whisper.

Jihee shrugged. “I guess so. I made a commitment, after all. Besides, it’s not like Hyori has the brains to get him through Algebra 2.”

“Very true.”

“Okay are you guys aware that you just had a rhyme scheme going on there? Through, two, true?” Jinki asked, grinning at his discovery.

“Who? Us two?”

“No, you must be coming down with the flu. Would you like me to make you some stew?”

“Stop it!”

“Aww, I think he’s getting a bit blue.”

“You could say he has a certain new hue.”

“I will kill you both.”

“I think you mean you’re plotting a coup. If you kill us, my family will sue.”

“Whatever you do, the audience will boo.”

“The audience left the building because they’re sick of your rhymes.”

“Aw, Key, I think he’s jealous of you. I would be too, if I were you-know-who.”

“It’s a sad sight, it’s true, but –”

“Oh my god you guys I’m leaving.”

“But at least he can escape to the lieu.” The two laughed and high-fived each other, and Jihee pretended not to notice Junhong trying not to laugh.

 

*No Fear Shakespeare Translation: Perhaps you should leave before I further confuse you. Good day, and I pray your journey does see you home soon. Note: not a direct translation.

 

Oh my god someone's going to murder me for my crazy rhyme scheme. I did it on accident and then I just kept going omg it was so hard to stop myself.

In any case yeah hi welcome to my story I'm just... I'm sorry. Stick with me I promise I'm always this lame lol