H e a r t

H e a r t

LINK TO THE VIDEO : http://youtu.be/iQykkn_pYiE

Original version (Italiano): http://www.efpfanfic.net/viewstory.php?sid=2397903&i=1

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

H E A R T

 

 

I never thought I would meet you again.

Not like this.

 

It’s an ordinary day, the young doctor Choi Minho is working at the hospital, his face is a little tired, his walk is slow. He’s used to carry heavy weights on his shoulders.

It’s sad, it’s cruel, but it’s life that comes and goes before his eyes and he’s young, he’s clever, he puts his heart and his passion into work. He knows, death is natural and he can’t save everyone. It’s not like he doesn’t care, his heart isn’t cold, it’s only the cycle of life, the sweet warmness of life that comes and goes.

Choi Minho walks for the last time in the corridors with a colleague, he’s about to go home, it’s almost time, finally.

When his phone rings in his white coat he whines.

“In half an hour you have finished, right?” asks the other doctor. Minho nods.

“Mh…”

He picks up the call.

He stops walking while his big brown eyes widen. It’s an emergency, they need him.

It’s a young boy, he’s twenty-one, he’s on the verge of cardiac arrest, there’s something wrong in his heart.

Minho says that he’s coming right away, leaves his colleague and starts running through the long corridor, as fast as he can, the white coat flowing behind him.

 

~

 

It’s really noisy, many doctors are already gathered around the hospital bed but Minho has quick hands and cold blood, he intervenes before everyone else. He looks at the screens, at the irregular pulse, definitely there’s something wrong.

No, he’s not breathing.

He has not looked at his face yet, he’s too busy, he talks with other doctors and nurses, he’s trying to define his conditions as soon as possible. The boy has a slim body, his shirt is already open to expose his chest and connect him to the machines. He must be quite tall, his abs aren’t very defined or muscular, he’s completely hairless, like a baby.

Minho intubate him.

For the first time, he glances at the boy’s face. He’s pale because of the lack of air, his lips are a mess, his eyes are closed and swollen. He’s completely unconscious.

They must hurry…

Minho’s expert hands hesitate for a moment, even if the machines are telling him that’s an emergency situation. He can’t help but hesitate.

There’s something familiar in his features, in those high cheekbones, in his full lips and blond hair. There’s a far away memory, a reminiscence, it comes from a past where Minho wasn’t a doctor yet and no human life graved on his wide shoulders.

In an instant Minho’s mind flashes, it brings him back to his high school years.

He wasn’t such a sociable guy, that boy was two or three years younger than him, he can’t remember, but he knows that he always felt uncomfortable with him around. That was a bad guy, too awkward, with that mocking glare and his noisy friends. He was so different from Minho.

They met, they fought.

He wanted to become a rock star, Minho wanted to be a doctor. He thought about medicine not because he was egocentric or for personal pride, but because he liked observing people, he liked touching.

They were so damn different from each other, but he remembers about that boy.

A far away memory hit him, unavoidable.

“If you really want to help people, why do you avoid me? You don’t like me, and I don’t like you Choi Minho, but this is not the point. We are different, but one day we’ll see who will win. My dream, or your fear.”

Minho won?

The doctor finds himself thinking about it, in that messy instant.

He sees that boy like that, unconscious, fighting for his own life, and his heart tightens.

He recalls a smile, that boy running with friends in the high-school corridors, messy hair and life, music in his veins.

A reminiscence.

His hands shake, his eyes can’t leave that face.

Life is really strange.

 

~

 

Minho accompanies the boy to the theater. It’s evident that the surgery cannot be avoided, his heart needs help, it can’t do it on its own.

Minho looks at that body on the hospital bed, Minho the IV in his arm and the tube in his throat.

Minho observes him in disbelief until they reach the theater, then Minho breaks.

Under the shocked eyes of his colleagues, he says he’s sorry with a deep bow, clenches his teeth and fists and turns around. Minho leaves the cold bed and runs away because he can’t look at him anymore. His hands are not shaking but he can’t focus, he can’t think clearly and a doctor must know when he’s not in the conditions to operate and Minho’s a good doctor, he knows himself.

It’s the first time he abandons a patient, he still feels the surprised exclamations of his colleagues but he can’t help it.

The boy has grown, his features are much more mature, his body more toned, but it’s him Minho has no doubt. Someone whispered him his generalities while Minho was preparing him for the theater, quickly because if the surgery isn’t done immediately there’s no hope.

Lee Taemin, twenty-one years old, Seoul. A friend took him to the hospital after he collapsed, his parents are far away, he’s an only child. A man pays for him, probably his father but he’s not in Korea, no one is able to come.

He’s alone.

A soul like many others in the big city, Minho has seen many like him passing by.

That name, he knew it even before they told him.

Lee Taemin, what happened to you? What about your dream? What happened to your heart?

Minho can’t stop thinking so he leaves that boy in the other doctors’ hands.

It’s the first time something like this happens to him.

He feels guilty but he must leave, he’s deeply frustrated.

 

~

 

Minho is sitting on the stairs in front of the hospital, silent. He needs some fresh air. He wants to take some time and think about himself, getting lost in his memories, he’s never able to do it. His life is full of duties, he has no time to think about himself, but today he really feels the need because something shifted painfully inside is conscience.

“Hyung, I don’t like how you look at me.”

“I’m not looking at you Taemin-ssi.”

“Exactly. When I’ll be a singer will you look at me?”

He says it in a petulant tone, his friends are chuckling.

But then he smiles. There’s something only the two of them can see, because one time they found themselves alone in an empty room and they talked. They shared intense looks and maybe that younger guy isn’t empty and fool like he had thought.

There’s an intriguing spark.

“I’m looking at you now.”

Minho remembers that moment, and the more he thinks about it, more situations he lived with him come on the surface, pushed by the seaquake in his head. It’s a slow and unpredictable wave, now he remembers that time eating with him at school, when he felt stupid because that younger boy was clever and Taemin always had the perfect answer and with a glance he could understand everything about Minho.

Taemin understood and Minho felt exposed, because of this he avoided him.

High-school ended and he never heard about him again.

Taemin wasn’t anything for him, he never even knew his telephone number. They talked only a few times, in those years, only his presence fluttered sometimes around Minho, during parties, in the school corridors.

Yes, a flutter.

 

~

 

Minho snaps abruptly and turns back to reality when his eyes fall on the big clock in front of the hospital. He’s in the theater, he’s been there for about an hour but it is still too early.

Minho shakes his head and feels sad because he’s alone. He feels bad because he left him when there’s no one waiting or praying for him in the waiting room. He was never alone during high-school, he had many friends, how did he fell in such a sad situation?

He’s his patient anyway, he assisted him first when he came into the hospital, Minho’s duty is to help him survive but he decided to not operate on him.

Yes, he feels a little sorry.

So Minho gets up and enters the building, going up the stairs quickly.

He wears the green coat and cleans his hands, like if he has to go in the theater, he says he wants to see. He enters and stays right outside the theater, watching the surgery through the window. He spies the busy doctors working on the boy’s body, he looks at that familiar green that hides Taemin’s face.

 

~

 

Some days have passed and Minho is back to his routine, surgeries, checking patients, meetings with colleagues. He doesn’t sleep enough but it’s the life he wants and he loves it.

Minho is a doctor and during his daily routine he checks his bed too, he asks the nurse, he observes.

The situation is stable, he breaths without help, his pulse is regular.

Minho thinks he should wake up soon and faith wants that when this happens he’s there, Minho is the first thing he sees when he opens his eyes, swollen and heavy because of the morphine.

Minho sees those cute eyes and his heart jumps. The doctor leans on him and holds his cold hand.

“Taemin-ah? Can you hear me? If you can please move a finger.”

He feels a slightly hold, almost imperceptible but Minho is a doctor and notices it. He sees the boy’s eyes are staring at him, not completely focused.

The doctor smiles and the nurse helps him, they check his conditions and control his eyes with a light, it’s all right it seems.

“W-where…”

“Shh, Taemin-ah you can’t talk now. Do you feel a lot of pain?” the doctor asks, caressing him gently through the thick covers.

Taemin looks at him and Minho feels a little uncomfortable, he stops being a doctor and feels his heart clenching a little. He caresses his hand again, like he often does with his patients, but this one is special, he’s part of his life somehow and finding him there, on that hospital bad, feels strange.

The boy shakes his head, winces a little bit.

“Don’t move, it’s alright. You had a surgery but now you’re fine, aren’t you?” Minho smiles, tenderly.

“I-I know who you are.”

The doctor stares at him for a moment, then he sits on the edge of the bed, lowering his eyes.

“What? Sonsaengnim, you know each other?” the nurse asks.

Minho closes the memories inside himself and hides the awkward, awful sensation that’s holding his heart, smiling again.

“I’m happy you remember about me, Taemin-ah. It’s been a while, isn’t it?”

 

~

 

Taemin is only twenty-one but he’s not a fool, he has never been, like Minho anyway, he’s young too but he’s a doctor already and he knows very well what he wants in life.

Taemin knows about his sickness and knows that it’s not a joke, but it’s the first time he really tastes the danger on his skin, it’s the first time he stays at the hospital for such a long time. Minho didn’t say him that he fought for several days in between life and death but Taemin knows it all, still he acts like it’s nothing.

Now he feels better and wanders happily through the hospital. He arrived alone but now he isn’t anymore, a lot of people came to visit him, Minho is surprised when a man, his manager, comes into his room.

Taemin is a singer, someone told him that he’s also quite famous, even if in Korea rock music isn’t exactly mainstream. It means Taemin won, maybe they both won, Minho thinks.

After the beginning when they felt a little uncomfortable, Taemin starts to talk with Minho and now they spend some time together every day, when Minho’s schedule it’s over.

They talk about high-school and what happened to them after that. Minho hasn’t much to say, he studied and there it is, other things are too personal to tell to an almost stranger.

He comes to know that Taemin left school the year he graduated but anyway he followed night-courses. He was already singing and composing, at the beginning they chose him only for his look and his charismatic voice, but then his talent came on the surface, Taemin is clever and his strong personality appears through his songs.

Taemin makes him listen to his album and Minho likes it even if he’s not an expert, he feels the talent. Taemin smiles when he says it to him, his full cheeks brightens up with a cute pink.

 

~

 

Nobody knows how things are born, Minho never thinks about it. Maybe he feels that there’s something different that day anyway, in the  way he looks at him, something strange happens.

Minho is tired, it’s late and he’s in his office, he’s about to go home. He still wears the white coat and the stethoscope, he’s about to put that away when he feels a presence behind his back, then he turns around.

He finds Taemin staring at him in the corridor, with a strange expression, observing from behind the blurred windows of his office. When Minho discovers him, his lips open a little bit but he can’t stop staring. Minho comes closer, Taemin straightens his spine and looks away, embarrassed.

Minho smiles.

“What are you doing?”

Taemin doesn’t have the IV in his arm anymore, he’s a free, thin pet wandering lively around the hospital. Minho one day saw him with some old patient, he was making them listen to rock music and the doctor laughed so hard he was almost crying. That night Taemin buries his hands in his pocket and looks away, hiding his eyes under messy hair.

“Do you need something? Are you feeling bad?” Minho asks, talking clearly so he can hear him through the window.

Taemin shakes his head.

Hyung, it feels strange.”

“What, what?” Minho checks his body, trying to understand if there’s something wrong.

“I’m fine but… seeing you like this, it’s strange.”

Minho relaxes and thinks about it. Taemin never calls him ‘doctor’, he always calls him ‘hyung’ like he used to do in high-school.

He hides his hands in the pockets of his white coat.

“Well, knowing you’re a singer it’s strange for me too. We’re still us in the end, don’t you think?”

Taemin nods and looks at him in that way again, like he knows. Minho feels exposed, like always.

“Yes, we’re still us. Almost.”

Taemin turns around but an idea suddenly pops in Minho’s mind and he knocks on the window, to call him back. Taemin comes closer. The doctors searches for a moment in his pockets and finds a colored plaster. That morning he met a young girl and used one of those to make her stop crying, so he uses it with Taemin too, because he looks a little like a small boy lost in that big hospital, with his heart playing up when nobody expects it.

He sticks the colored plaster on the window and Taemin observes it with a surprised face.

“Don’t be afraid, when you need me I’m here. Come looking for me without fear, you’re not annoying me. Ok, Taemin-ah?”

It’s in the way his eyes brightens when he smiles, it’s in the warmness he feels even through the glass, that Minho feels the change.

The most unexpected rose is born.

Taemin hesitates a moment, then decides to run into the office. He throws his arms around Minho’s neck and the younger is already kissing him.

Minho doesn’t know when and how things come to life, he never thought about it, but that night he sees it under his eyes, he lives it on his mouth and under his fingertips, the blooming.

 

~

 

Minho knows that Taemin can leave the hospital but he waits, Taemin agrees with him and sleeps in his hospital bed a few more days. It’s a stupid and childish thing, but the doctor can’t help himself, it’s the first time he doesn’t perfectly follow his duties and it’s not like he’s doing anything wrong anyway, he’s working diligently and he only sees Taemin when his schedule it’s over. There are a lot of empty beds in the hospital, Taemin is not a problem. Minho likes having him around, and Taemin’s heart remains fragile, the doctor is still unsure.

Minho must talk to him and explain about that  thing but he still hasn’t found the courage to do so, he know that Taemin will fight, but still, as a doctor, he must face the argument and face it soon. For now he prefers not to think too much about it anyway, he enjoys the last few days with Taemin wandering through the hospital and having fun with rock music and old patients. At night, Minho brings him in his office and locks the door, pulls all the curtains and he knows it’s immoral and crazy but Minho is young after all, he’s never been in love before, he didn’t have time. He has seen too many lives running away in front of his eyes, too many broken wires, the tangle is full of satisfactions and success but also pain and Minho needs it now, needs this love. He’s not the one who saved the most important wire, he feels bad about this.

“Sorry.” He whispers in his ear while Taemin is sitting in his lap, lips eaten by kisses and Minho’s hands everywhere, even on the little scars on his chest and arms.

“For what?” Taemin asks, keeping is voice low, but Minho knows his body too well.

“I should have been the one operating on you. Sorry if I left you but…” his voice dies a little at the end in his throat because Taemin hasn’t stop moving and warmness is overwhelming. The younger holds a hand in his brown hair and stops to look him in the eyes. They breathe on each other’s face, in the darkness of the silent hospital office.

“It’s ok, it doesn’t matter. Your hands are operating on me now.”

Minho laughs and shakes his head, Taemin is always like this, he can use words too well.

The doctor kisses him and grabs his slender hips, Taemin breathes heavily and closes his eyes, leaving his head on Minho’s shoulder.

He likes that body, he’s not heavy at all and he’s relaxed, he likes the way Taemin gives him all the power, without fear.

“Operate on me, Sonsaengnim…”

Minho feels his blood boiling in his veins, it’s crazy how that younger boy can affect him in every possible way.

“T-Taemin, it’s better if you stop.”

“Mh?”

Minho wipes away a drop of sweat from his temple and plays with his blond hairs, kissing his chin.

“I could fall in love with you.”

And falling in love with something so fragile is never a good thing.

Minho knows it, he’s heart already aches at the thought, his stomach clenches.

He must talk to him.

Taemin wraps his arms on his neck and whines, without an answer, then Minho shuts off his brain and closes everything outside the door, turns the key into the lock and leaves the problems somewhere else, to be able to really feel that warmness and that sweetness.

 

~

 

Taemin’s bags are ready, Minho thinks it’s strange to see that bed empty, but he’s also happy because it means that his patient can go home, he’s not going to die anytime soon.

He goes to see him early in the morning, before the manager will come picking him up. He doesn’t want to miss the possibility to give him a kiss before he leaves.

The doctor finds him on the bed, he’s ready, only the coat is missing then he can go.

Minho smiles and leans on the door of the room, crosses his arms and waits for Taemin to stop looking at his phone. After a while, the boy notices him and his face brightens.

Hyung!”

Minho enters in the room with his white coat following him and wipes his hair tenderly, sitting near him and wrapping the boy in his arms.

“Are you ready?”

Doctor Choi was a little worried before coming to see him, but now that he has him in front of his face everything is washed away.

“But hyung… now that I’m going away, how will you be able to see me? You are working very hard and I have my tour…”

Minho’s heart aches a little. He touches his face and kisses him briefly, the hospital is still asleep, it’s too early, they can be together. He breathes deeply and talks.

“Tae, talking about your tour… I’ve already explained this to your manager, I told him what I think about this. About your sickness…”

Taemin looks in his eyes, studying him.

They don’t ever talk about the illness, but they both know it’s there.

“What do you mean…” Taemin asks, in low voice. He doesn’t like talking about the illness, he prefers to ignore it.

“In your conditions it’s better if you don’t keep on living like you did before. You know, concerts, tours, stress, long hour of rehearsals…”

Taemin tries to get away from his hold and Minho’s stomach tightens.

“But this is my life hyung, I’m fine now.”

Minho sighs.

“Taemin… Now you feel better, but you know the gravity of your situation. If you cross your limits again you’ll fall, you can have a relapse and this time it will be much worse. You know it too and…”

Taemin stands up, his face is dark. He looks at Minho with offended eyes.

“Are you telling me I have to give up my job? My music?”

Minho hesitates, he looks away.

“It’s for your own good, Taemin-ssi… your sickness won’t ever disappear completely and I am a doctor, I have the duty to…”

“You are talking like a doctor and I can’t believe it. You’re talking like you don’t know me, like I’m just one of your many patients.”

Minho stands up and crosses his arms, looking him straight in the eyes, serious.

“Lee Taemin, how should I talk to you? I am a doctor and you actually are my patient. I do care about your healthiness.”

“I want you to remember what kind of person I am. Do you really believe I would give up my job, after all the work I’ve done to become a singer? My music is my life.”

“But Taemin, that’s not true. Your life is much more.”

At these words the younger boy’s eyes widens and Minho understands that he talked too much, but it’s too late.

“P-please don’t misunderstand me, I know what it means to you but…”

“You don’t know a single thing. You are healthy and have no problems, you can’t understand what it means when suddenly your world is falling around you. You don’t know what it means to hate your body every single day because you’re broken and you don’t know what to do. You feel like a faulty machine.”

Taemin speaks with anger and frustration, his eyes are dark. He shakes his head. “I don’t care, I won’t let it win. I won’t stop singing.”

“Tae, listen to me…” Minho grabs his arm, Taemin slips away. He takes his coat and his bags.

“No.”

“I don’t want you to collapse again, please, try to understand…”

“No, doctor. Thank you for your hard work and your precious advice.”

It’s like this that doctor Choi Minho for the first time feels his inside trembling and fear takes him, while his most precious patient goes away, dissolving in the fresh morning air like he’s never been there.

 

~

 

Minho doesn’t give up, he’s not letting him go, even if every time they meet they argue. One day he ran after him, he chased him through the streets, under the shocked eyes of the people, because Taemin got angry at him and ran away. So Minho chased him, until he grabbed him at a corner and hold him tight. He grabbed him from his waist and kept him close, giving him a good shake even if his hands were trembling because he was so scared he could hurt him.

“Do you know that you’re ruining yourself? I should just stand there and watch while you commit suicide, is this what you want?”

Taemin cried but he’s strong and he won’t change his mind, he doesn’t tremble. He holds tight to his dream, he doesn’t want to lose, never.

The day after he sings and Minho can’t tell him to not go. All the world doesn’t care, Taemin is money and nobody stops him, nobody knows, nobody understands.

 

~

 

Minho goes to hear him sing. He buys the ticket without anyone knowing and waits with all the fans. It’s strange, all that people love him, they are all excited.

Taemin is so beautiful in his dark outfits, with the microphone in his hands and his intense gaze brightened under the lights of the stage. He wears black eye-liner and Minho is hypnotized, he can’t breathe during the whole two hours that the concert lasts, his warm voice, so manly, makes his heart vibrate with feelings.

Now he truly understands, he feels his passion, he understands when Taemin tells him that music is air for him. When the singer closes his eyes and puts all his heart into music, singing a sweet, sad ballad, Minho cries and thinks life is really unfair.

With every y step Taemin takes, with every note, Minho fears to see his knees giving up, he fears to see him falling on the wooden stage, in the darkness. He doesn’t want the music he loves so much to stop playing.

 

~

 

The last time they saw each other – he went to his concert to be honest, but Taemin doesn’t know – Minho acted like a doctor again, and Taemin hates when he’s like this. He knows that he’s weak, but he can’t do anything about it, it’s in his nature. Minho takes him to bed and hold him tight in his warm arms, always caring, always treating him like he’s made of glass. Taemin is annoyed and swaps their positions, playing the game at his own pace.

They stayed together for the entire day, in Minho’s flat, because that was one of the few days that they’re both free.

Still holding each other on the couch, without clothes on, Minho wiped his hair and talked.

“How do you feel?”

“I’m fine.” It’s the quick answer to that question, always.

“Don’t you start feeling a little… uncomfortable?”

Taemin that day simply denied and kissed him again, but now that he’s alone in his dressing room and it’s less than an hour to his next concert, he massages his chest with a hand and takes deep breaths. Maybe it’s only fear, maybe it’s him that he’s thinking too much lately, it’s Minho’s fault, he reminds him about it every time.

They never say ‘I love you’ to each other, but Taemin thinking about Minho feels both love and anger. Minho is a doctor and knows him far too well, he can’t forget his role and his job and keeps telling him that he doesn’t want to lose him, that he has to stop.

Taemin feels alright – or this is what wants himself to believe – so he doesn’t listen, he gets up from the couch and walks to the stage, to the lights, adrenaline flowing in his veins and joy in his heart. That’s his place, every time he can’t think about anything else when he goes up those few stairs and the stage welcomes him.

But Minho isn’t there when, after an hour of concert, Taemin hears the music stop and before a new song can start, his breath is short, too short, and a familiar, unforgettable feeling of death grabs his insides. He holds the microphone and his view is already blurred.

He maledicts himself, like always, but his knees are already falling.

He thinks about the last time he saw Minho and maledicts himself.

 

~

 

Minho exits the theater and stretches his arms and his neck. He’s almost done, he’s about to go home.

It’s all like the last time.

He hears his telephone vibrating against his thigh and he picks the call, tiredly.

He understands immediately.

He tries desperately to not let his instinct drive him insane too early, but then he hears that name, the name he already knows.

Again.

His legs trembles, what he feels it’s physical pain, the fear is devastating.

He runs away, in the long corridor.

 

I told you, you can’t go on living like this.

You are too fragile.

 

~

 

It’s terrible.

Under his hands, there’s the one he loves and it’s the first time he experiences something like this. He keeps repeating in his head ‘I told you, I told you, why don’t you ever listen to me…’

He wants to scream while he inserts a tube in his throat, but his senses are on overdrive, his heart is beating fast and the machines are making their terrible noises to tell him that his pulse is absent.

Other doctors moves around him but no one is as quick as Minho, he gives orders, moves his hands as fast as he can.

His hands are secure, he can’t make any mistake, not now, not with him in such a state.

Sonsaengnim, the pulse is…!”

“I know I know…”

Damn it, you never listen to me.

This time I’m really angry with you, this time I’ll…

“Sonsaengnim!”

The doctor is horrified when he hears clearly the sound of the machines: his heart is not beating, it stopped.

The doctor makes space, he kneels on the bed and starts the cardiac massage with all the strength he has.

That sound is hurting his ears, he knows, the heart is not beating.

He hates that sound.

Tears flow down his face, he’s almost blind but he cannot stop, this is unacceptable, no, he can’t let him go.

“Lee Taemin listen to me now! You can’t do this to me, did you hear?”

He is used to chase him, he’s used to run after him. He always ends up holding him against his body, tight. This time will be no different.

Minho is running after him, trying desperately to catch him in the next street.

The doctor cries and his colleagues can’t do anything but stare in shock, that pain is unexpected and Minho doesn’t stop the cardiac massage, while he cries over that body.

A solid hand grabs his shoulder.

“We must operate on him again, but this time it’s his last chance.”

Minho screams and wipes away his tears quickly, stopping the pressure on his chest.

“I’ll do it, let’s go. Everyone, let’s go.”

 

~

 

Doctor Choi Minho is talented, rarely a patient died under his hands, but this time his heart is in turmoil, it’s quivering.

He must lock everything outside the door and think only about the work of his scalpel on that human body.

Locking Taemin outside it’s hard.

He can’t lock Taemin out.

 

~

 

Minho saw his heart, he saw it for real, in every possible way.

It was the most unbelievable experience of all his life. When he became a doctor, he knew that such situations would probably happen, but this one…

He’s still not over it, he still can’t touch any other patient, he can’t even go home, even if his colleagues are scolding him every hour.

Minho saw Taemin’s heart when they fell in love with each other, he accepted it in his hands in the sweetest way he was capable of. Then he saw his heart stop beating, under his hands, in a theater.

He touched it.

He saw it beating again.

It was like a miracle.

Now Minho is waiting, he knows it will be hard, it will be all different. He knows that Taemin is scared, he felt it when he was operating on him, he doesn’t even know how, it was like he lived in another world, in a dream, a nightmare.

He caresses his hand and cannot leave. Minho closed Taemin’s chest and now the only thing he can do is wait.

Minho closed his own heart inside that chest, together with Taemin’s broken one, hoping that he could fix the gear somehow.

It’s the first time he wants to save a life so badly. Maybe Minho understands only now, maybe it’s the first time he really understands the true meaning of the word ‘life’.

Now that he saw Taemin’s heart, everything is different.

Taemin just has to slightly move a finger.

Minho will notice it, he’s a doctor after all, he will understand.

Minho now understands everything.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi there! First of all, my English is not that good, sorry for the mistakes! ç_ç 

It's the first time I edit a video and then I start writing, usually I write the story first and then I make the video. Oh well.

I personally loved Medical Top Team and it's weird I can't find any fanfic related to the drama, so... here it is. Hope you liked the video too!

Special thanks to Ilaria for helping me with the song. We are both Placebo fans but I couldn't choose, she found the perfect song for me and then everything came out naturally. Thank you dear! ^^

Ok, please tell me what you think about this.

Byeee <3

Chiara