Just a doll

Just a doll

Jung Yunho walked aimlessly on the streets, lips set in a grim line, nose and cheeks red from the cold. However he paid no heed and continued walking alone on the streets with no destination or whatsoever. 

The handsome young man watched as other couples walked hand in hand, happily, side to side, content with each other’s company as they enjoyed the beautiful decorations around. 

Since it was Christmas, it was snowing and quite a lot. The weather was cold and the roads were enveloped with white snow everywhere. The shops were decorated with lights and Christmas trees, people talked animatedly and fake Santa Clauses roamed around the streets, making every child smile on their path.

Despite the hopeful and bright atmosphere, Yunho was not happy. Having just broke up with his girlfriend of two years an hour ago, had a great impact on his heart. Now, brokenhearted and sad, Yunho tried to ease his pain by spending time outside.

He breathed through his nose, face almost numb from the cold as puffs of air came out.

A few minutes later, Yunho stopped in front of an Antique or at least that’s how the shop was called. Looking in front of him, Yunho was greeted by mannequins and a lot of them.

Tall, small, chubby or skinny girl and boy mannequins were everywhere. The newest ones and probably more expensive ones were closer to the glass. This shop was not like the others though, Yunho noticed. 

It was a lovebot store.

These were not ordinary mannequins, these were dolls used for more.

Usually when people actually bought them, it was for domestic issues. But, some others bought them for one reason and only. 

Pleasure.

Yunho snorted. Of course, just what he needed right now…to forget the world and everything. Heal his pathetic self that actually thought his girlfriend had truly loved him.

It was then, when something caught Yunho’s eye, his attention solely on one specific mannequin.

“New…Barbie” Yunho mumbled, staring up at the pretty doll, the glass fogging up because he was so close to it.

Looking up and down Yunho noticed the doll was a male, a very beautiful love bot.

Soft light brown hair, gorgeous eyes, pale skin, and red pouty lips.

Yunho stared in awe; he has never seen something more mesmerizing in his life.

Yunho’s gloomy expression slowly lit up. His previously dead eyes now had light in them.

Maybe, he could just…if he only…

He looked around at the other mannequins, their fake eyes and smiles and then again at the beautiful doll.

Suddenly filled with determination and something unknown, Yunho eventually got into the shop.

What he failed to see however was, the gorgeous eyes gazing down on him, shinning with uncertainty and hope.